Fonera & Fonera+ insist on WEP when I said WPA2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
elmimmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18    Post subject: Fonera & Fonera+ insist on WEP when I said WPA2 Reply with quote
I installed DD-WRT on:

Both have SSID broadcast on, DHCP server on, and both have wireless security set up as WPA2 Personal AES.

When wirelessly connecting from my Apple Macbook (late 2006) or my friend's (same model), and provided the SSID of the Foneras are in the "auto-connect" list with passwords saved (stating they are WPA2 passwords), the computers apparently succeed at authenticating but fail to get an IP. Having a look again at the list of "auto-connect" APs, though, I can see that the authentication has been changed to try WEP instead of WPA2.

If then I tell it to "Connect to another network…", manually entering the name of the SSID, typing the password and specifying again it is WPA2, authenticating will fail a few times, but will eventually work and the computer will be ready to use the Internet.

I have to do this manual entering of SSID name & password and insist on several connection attempts every time I turn on or wake up the computer.

Considering it happens with different firmwares and different models, I expected not to be the only case, but I could not find this addressed in the forum.

Anybody has a fix/explanation?
Sponsor
Tomasito
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same problem with an DIR-300.

Tried a 30-30-30 reset and it worked, but now the problem is back.

I use Debian Lenny (Linux) with WiCd (network manager), and it reports that is a WEP network 95% of the time. Sometimes i'm able to connect, but is a pain in the ass, i have to try many times to get a connection.

Maybe another 30-30-30 will solve the problem, but i am too lazy to try, instead i use an ethernet cable for my laptop (yeah, i am really lazy sometimes Razz)

So you are not alone, and it happens with other hardware as well.

PS: I've the Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/21/09) std
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: