Belkin F5D7231-4 v1102 flashing help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
periferral
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:17    Post subject: Belkin F5D7231-4 v1102 flashing help. Reply with quote
Here is what I've done so far.
I flashed using this image, Belkin F5D7231-4 v1102, v1103ee dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin

I did a hard reset, flashed using the above image and hard reset again. Now, the router comes up and after booting up I only see the WLAN link light is on and everything else off. If I connect a PC to a LAN port, the LAN link comes up. However, the power and connected lights are down. On the wireless side, I don't see an SSID called dd-wrt.

I loaded back the original firmware and the lan ports no longer work on the router.

I'm hoping someone can help point out what if anything I am doing wrong. With the lan ports busted, I'm hoping I can load dd-wrt and get to use this as a repeater.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Start with the peacock thread sticky, particularly note 6.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
periferral
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
donny. thanks for he reply. much appreciated.

So, I did already do this. My router isn't bricked because I get ttl=100ms at which point I can load the firmware.

I loaded the original belkin firmware and I can access the router using wireless (ssid belkin54g). However, I cannot use the wired connection on the router. All the ports are bust. I get a request timed out message when I ping 192.168.2.1.

Now, if I load the dd-wrt image for v1102, it loads the firmware but after I hard reset, the router comes up with no wired or wireless connection. From what I read it should have a ssid of dd-wrt and IP address 192.168.1.1. However, I don't see SSID dd-wrt (even tried to connect assuming SSID wasn't being broadcast). Using wired I cannot ping 192.168.1.1 but this is again related to the busted lan ports.

I suppose by loading the belkin image, I can use it as a repeater but with no lan ports. However, I'd like to use the dd-wrt image if possible.

Any help here is appreciated.
KevinG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I remember flashing a F5D7231-4 v1103uk a year or so ago (my posts will be still around if you search for them by username).

I found that whenever I got problems I was able to restore the Belkin firmware using the tftp method. However, I did find that once I had tftp'd the image and got 'transfer successful' I had to wait for several minutes for all activity on the status lights to stop. If I powered off before activity stopped then the firmware was not loaded correctly.

If you look at the Belkin section of http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation you will see that there are some suggested telnet commands which may help you.

Kevin
LLB
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Make sure you flahs proeperly, wait, and then once the flash is stable (about 3 minutes) power cycle the router. Wait again for about 3 minutes, then do a hard reset. The second hard reset is very important.
KevinG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread seems to deal with the problem that you describe:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18749&highlight=f5d7231
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: