WZR-HP-G300NH support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
zap_ingo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
So from the router database, we flash this buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-EU-US.bin first from Buffalo's webgui and then from there flash this wzrg300nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade.bin ?

Is this wzrg300nh-firmware_MULTI.bin from this post a webgui or a tftp flash flashable file?

Thanks!!!
Sponsor
thedesp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed dd-wrt onto my WZR-HP-G300NH. Works fine for most part.
I notice that there are crazy wireless TX errors (1xxx and counting) when I connect my PC to one of gigabit ports.
The NIC is RTL8168 gigabit adapter.

Anyone else getting this problem?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
zap_ingo wrote:
So from the router database, we flash this buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-EU-US.bin first from Buffalo's webgui and then from there flash this wzrg300nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade.bin ?

Is this wzrg300nh-firmware_MULTI.bin from this post a webgui or a tftp flash flashable file?

Thanks!!!

there is no need for updating twice. the EU-US is file is identical with the web upgrae. the dd-wrt-webupgrade.bin file is only for updating already installed dd-wrt routers with older versions.

the MULTI.bin is a test file for japanese routers which is excluded officially rigth now

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to know!
Thanks! A LOT!!!
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
can anyone give us some infos about the samba and torrent functionality?

is it stable?
ahronzombi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
can anyone get netstat and ipkg-opt on this rom so we can use optware? ive been searching for help for days? anyone running optware on this router yet?

Code:
root@Anonymous2:/tmp# sh /tmp/prep_optware
/tmp/prep_optware
Written on: Tue Feb 23 07:42:32 CET 2010
If you're giving feedback, please post the version as well

This will take a while!
If you need to do some shopping....   do it now!  ;-)

Optware is not installed... Let's install it

Connecting to wd.mirmana.com (85.191.0.241:80)
-                    100% |*****************************************************************|  2895  --:--:-- ETA
Checking system config ...
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 91: netstat: not found
Error: No default gateway set!
/opt/bin/ipkg-opt: line 1: ELF@4�: not found
/opt/bin/ipkg-opt: line 2: syntax error: "(" unexpected
Optware installation was not successfull...  exit!
root@Anonymous2:/tmp#
joe277
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:16    Post subject: Did my unit brick? Reply with quote
I have the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH and just tried to flash it with DD-wrt. It never booted back up. I waited quite some time. The RED DIAG light turns on for about 15 seconds. Then turns off for about 5 seconds. This repeats over and over. Did I brick the device or is there a way I can fix it.

I thought I had followed the instructions though I may not have reset properly beforehand. I did not do the 30/30/30. Just the initial 30 seconds to reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I flashed it through the WEBgui with the first .BIN file as directed. I never got to flash the second .BIN file.
coaxmetal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
mailman wrote:

is it stable?

Well, dd-wrt aside I can confirm that samba3 and transmission run like a beast on this thing. I get 8 mb/sec transfers over samba from a 250gb ntfs drive hooked up via usb.

That is actually decent. Not quite 100mbits but still pretty good. Much better than the 2MB/s I was expecting. This isn't with dd-wrt, but in principle dd-wrt should be just as capable once optware is working again.

Transmission was ramping up quickly to my max speed (which isn't much atm, but in a week or so I'll have 100mbit internet so I will really get to test this baby out). My connection maxes around 300KB/s and the router had no problem handling the connections necessary to download at that speed. Still, it DID use 97% of the memory in the process. No crashing though, I'm happy to say.
andy0812
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excuse, is chinese router(WZR-HP-G300NH) supported?
many thanks!
aous.naimi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:13    Post subject: new functions Reply with quote
I flashed the router yesterday and been trying it since then and have some questions

in wireless settings i chose BG Mixed only and still some clients are connecting in N speeds and i tried everything even a full reset and setup again but no luck, is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

also, what about all these new functions all over the firmware? where to find help for them?
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
coaxmetal wrote:
mailman wrote:

is it stable?

Well, dd-wrt aside I can confirm that samba3 and transmission run like a beast on this thing. I get 8 mb/sec transfers over samba from a 250gb ntfs drive hooked up via usb.

That is actually decent. Not quite 100mbits but still pretty good. Much better than the 2MB/s I was expecting. This isn't with dd-wrt, but in principle dd-wrt should be just as capable once optware is working again.

Transmission was ramping up quickly to my max speed (which isn't much atm, but in a week or so I'll have 100mbit internet so I will really get to test this baby out). My connection maxes around 300KB/s and the router had no problem handling the connections necessary to download at that speed. Still, it DID use 97% of the memory in the process. No crashing though, I'm happy to say.

How did you install Transmission?

Edit: This was on OpenWRT, right?

Last edited by Gingernut on Fri Feb 26, 2010 14:37; edited 1 time in total
cashcow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will it allow us to revert back to the buffalo firmware after DD-WRT installed?
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes.

Look for wzrg300nh_original.bin to flash from DDwrt web gui back to original Buffalo firmware in this post:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=410298#410298
cashcow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! It seems like the Bittorrent download speed is not so stable with this release of DD-WRT. The Bittorrent download speed changes quite a lot every second with this firmware. I'll stick with the Buffalo firmware for now.
jarttu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I mistakenly deleted the couple-weeks-old tftp-flashable image after the webflashable images were released. If anyone could post one or email to (bioterroristi at hotmail dot com) it would be enormously appreciated as I happened to install openwrt and can't webflash back to dd-wrt, so I really need a tftp image.

Thanks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 63, 64, 65  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 65
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: