WZR-HP-G300NH support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes im back on stock 1.74 firmware too since it doesnt lockup on me requiring hard reboot. i doubt i will try future dd-wrt builds on this router since it always results in problems. my old broadcom units were rock solid with 120+ days uptime and no need for me to fiddle with it once it was up and running.

next step for me is to find a decent N router that has decent stock firmware for reliability. im looking at the new belkin play models that have dual radio in them. they seem to be cheapo and they dont seem to be problematic even on stock firmware.
Sponsor
fraser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:04    Post subject: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
For those interested, i have a full chroot setup.

http://tinyurl.com/g300nh
All instructions Copy/Paste friendly :)

After this, you'll just have to login and run /jffs/setup.chroot to install and run additional packages flawlessly.

I currently have transmission_web and full ipv6 working.
I'll post later more details about it.

Comments welcome (I might have forgotten one instruction or two :p).
DasCrushinator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 15:58    Post subject: Re: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
fraser wrote:
For those interested, i have a full chroot setup.

http://tinyurl.com/g300nh
All instructions Copy/Paste friendly :)

After this, you'll just have to login and run /jffs/setup.chroot to install and run additional packages flawlessly.

I'll post later more details about it.

Comments welcome (I might have forgotten one instruction or two :p).
What revision router do you have? Have you had any wireless, WAN, or lockup issues?
prupert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to cross post, but I didn't want to start another thread on this topic, so thought I would post here to as well as on the other WZR thread in hopes of getting the fullest answer...

I was wondering what the general opinion is on what firmware to use with this router?

I don't plan on using 802.11n, as I only have one client that uses it, I am thus sticking to B/G.

I have installed the official Buffalo version of DD-WRT but it has no samba support, from what I have read the most recent (non-official) DD-WRT version does support samba and works fine on this router, providing you don't use 802.11n.

Is this correct, if I don't care about 802.11n, is the DD-WRT (non-buffalo) the best to use?
fraser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 20:22    Post subject: Re: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
DasCrushinator wrote:
What revision router do you have? Have you had any wireless, WAN, or lockup issues?

For me works fully

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896

Uptime 5 days, 3:20
September 2010 (Incoming: 8527 MB / Outgoing: 25800 MB)

I use reduced power wifi config and WPA/AES setup:

TX Power 3 dBm
Encryption - Interface ath0 Enabled, WPA Personal
sco77
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am replacing my TPlink 1043nd with this router, I am guessing since it's almost the same hardware it will have the same issues with DD-WRT... Is it best to hold off until the next build of DD-WRT?

Also how good is the range on these routers? what kind of signal do you guys see throughout your house?
Buksa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 0:01    Post subject: Re: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
fraser wrote:
I'll post later more details about it

can you post step by step instruction for for dummies Smile

DasCrushinator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 0:14    Post subject: Re: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
fraser wrote:
DasCrushinator wrote:

For me works fully

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896

Uptime 5 days, 3:20
September 2010 (Incoming: 8527 MB / Outgoing: 25800 MB)

I use reduced power wifi config and WPA/AES setup:

TX Power 3 dBm
Encryption - Interface ath0 Enabled, WPA Personal
Thanks! By the way, I meant what revision is your router Smile
fraser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 0:18    Post subject: Re: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
DasCrushinator wrote:

There's a "B0 B0" near MAC. So I'll say rev B0 ? Or is it written somewhere else ?
DasCrushinator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 0:24    Post subject: Re: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
fraser wrote:
DasCrushinator wrote:

There's a "B0 B0" near MAC. So I'll say rev B0 ? Or is it written somewhere else ?
On mine if you look on the left/bottom (depending if it sits on the stand or not) it should say it on a sticker that says SSID and KEY. For instance, mine is A0 A3.
fraser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 21:02    Post subject: Re: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
DasCrushinator wrote:
For instance, mine is A0 A3.

B0 B0
DasCrushinator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 23:22    Post subject: Re: WZR-HP-G300N setup guide Reply with quote
fraser wrote:
DasCrushinator wrote:
For instance, mine is A0 A3.

B0 B0
Have you ever run third party software on this router before? if so, did you have any issues with wireless, WAN, etc.?
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
prupert wrote:
Sorry to cross post, but I didn't want to start another thread on this topic, so thought I would post here to as well as on the other WZR thread in hopes of getting the fullest answer...

I was wondering what the general opinion is on what firmware to use with this router?

I don't plan on using 802.11n, as I only have one client that uses it, I am thus sticking to B/G.

I have installed the official Buffalo version of DD-WRT but it has no samba support, from what I have read the most recent (non-official) DD-WRT version does support samba and works fine on this router, providing you don't use 802.11n.

Is this correct, if I don't care about 802.11n, is the DD-WRT (non-buffalo) the best to use?

If setting up NAS is your thing then your better off with the stock 1.74 non ddwrt firmware. samba is flaky when it comes to accessing a usb drive with windows. I've yet to get it working with the latest ddwrt or openwrt for that matter.
sco77
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I been running openwrt latest RC for days now, 100% stable and wireless signal/distance is incredible... I would much rather have DD-WRT, I really hope the next build of DD-WRT will have the wireless stability and power of openwrt.
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been running the latest RC of openwrt for almost a week now without too many probs, I love the 27dbm tx power on n+G 40mhz mode compared to the severe drops of ddwrt or the usually slow downs of the 1.74 buffalo fw. the only issue that seems to have plagued openwrt since 10.3 beta has been the extremely slow transfer speeds to usb or flash drives but its not that big of a deal. when ddwrt gets to the point where the wireless matches what openwrt can do I will def go back to ddwrt because its just easier to work with unless openwrt continues advancing the web interace.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 63, 64, 65  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 38 of 65
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: