WZR-HP-G300NH support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
quaero wrote:
I have put the new version r20453 on my buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH v1.

I have modified it to work as an access point through this instructions:

1. Connect your WZR-HP-G300NH to your computer using an ethernet cable attached to one of the LAN ports (not the blue WAN port).
2. Login to the router (default: 192.168.11.1), change your password as directed
3. SETUP > BASIC SETUP > WAN SETUP, Connection Type = Disabled
4. SETUP > BASIC SETUP > NETWORK SETUP, Local IP Address = an unused IP address in the subnet of the network of your existing router. Example: If your current router's IP address is 192.168.1.1 (subnet 255.255.255.0) use 192.168.1.xxx where xxx = any usused IP address that is not in the DHCP pool (depends on your router). I used 192.168.1.99
5. SETUP > BASIC SETUP > NETWORK SETUP, Subnet Mask = same subnet mask as the existing network
6. SETUP > BASIC SETUP > NETWORK SETUP, Gateway = IP address of your existing router
7. SETUP > BASIC SETUP > NETWORK SETUP, Local DNS = IP address of your existing router (usually)
8. SETUP > BASIC SETUP > NETWORK SETUP, Assign WAN Port to Switch = ON (checked)
9. SETUP > BASIC SETUP > NETWORK SETUP, DHCP Type = DHCP Forwarder
10. SETUP > BASIC SETUP > NETWORK SETUP, DHCP Server = existing router IP address (or DHCP server address if you have separate stand-alone DHCP server)
11. Click "Save" button on the bottom of the screen
12. Configure your wireless settings however you like on the WIRELESS > BASIC SETTINGS and WIRELESS > WIRELESS SECURITY tabs
13. Click "Apply Settings" button, allow a couple minutes for the WZR-HP-G300NH to reboot
14. You can now disconnect the ethernet cable from the WZR-HP-G300NH and your computer
15. Connect ethernet cable from existing router to blue WAN port on WZR-HP-G300NH, allow it to boot up completely if it was unplugged, and then join wireless network

The problem is that the speed is much slover than it is my ISP internet speed... If I am connected directly to my Lan, the speed goes to 20, but through wireless it is only 9...

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

Only idea i have is that the ath9k driver is having issues right now, seems all ath9k based firmwares are suffering wireless problems right now regarding bandwidth - modes, etc, and since dd-wrt uses ath9k code base for its atheros wl driver, i am fairly sure it is effecting dd-wrt as well. I'd say for now, roll back to a working build, then wait for the next test build.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
quaero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
It has been a while since I update-ed my Buffalo.
The last release I had was old that is why I installed the last one Smile.

Can somebody tell me, which relase had the best respond...

thanks.
ijeji
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
My problem on wired ports are not communicate each other, I have tried flash to 19519 and 20119, but didn't work, can anyone help? Thx!!!

the wired ports can ping each others ( 8 - 11 times) when start of the router every time make a reboot, anyone any idea? did I miss configure anything? Thx !

meekers wrote:
mattbraga wrote:
vpritiskovic wrote:
moonbug wrote:
Has anyone resolved the issue that wired LAN clients cannot see/ping each other when using wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-19484-beta.
It is as if each LAN port is on its own VLAN.

I have sent you a PM.

Would you mind sharing here? I've been having the same issue. Had to revert to an older build that has pretty sub-par wireless performance in the mean time. The latest BrainSlayer 20119 made no difference.

EDIT: I haven't seen anyone else point this out, but perhaps worth mentioning (via the OpenWRT page for this router):

"More recent versions of the WZR-HP-G300NH have had a hardware change without bumping the revision number or changing the hardware label. The newer hardware appears to have the rtl8366rb Ethernet switch while older hardware had the rtl8366s switch."

This could explain why some of us are having ethernet problems while others are not. I should also add, my hardware revision is A2 A0.

I had this problem with hardware revision A2 A0 as well. After some investigation, the problem appears to be that each port is added to its own isolated vlan by default with this firmware, and probably other recent DD-WRT builds. I'm not sure why this happens, but there is at least a workaround.

You can use swconfig to either disable vlans entirely, or add ports to vlans that allow appropriate communication.

Code:
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 set apply
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 0

Code:
swconfig dev switch0 port 3 set pvid 6
swconfig dev switch0 port 2 set pvid 6
swconfig dev switch0 port 1 set pvid 6
swconfig dev switch0 port 0 set pvid 6

You can make these commands run at startup by going to Administration->Commands and choosing "Save Startup".

See also the discussion at http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/WZR-HP-G300NH-build-19484-and-ARP-issue/m-p/113606#M15199
etherboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have exactly the same problem that the local ports can't talk to each other! As it turned out that build 19484 puts every LAN ports into its own VLAN! I just found the problem a few days ago since I attached my PCs to another switch, which has no scuh problem until I plug them into the Buffalo.

This is absolutely ridiculous for a company like Buffalo and they are not doing anything to fix it!

Will never, ever buy another Buffalo product ever. Never had a router that has so many problems, it really sucks.

The only way to fix it is run the startup script mentioned by other members.

or

my hardware revision is labeled on the back as A2 A0 too.
18days
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:02    Post subject: BT Home Hub 4 & DD-WRT Reply with quote
I have just moved to BT from Sky and i would like to use my dd-wrt Buffalo router that i have had working in conjunction with sky router for the past few months. In theory, you were unable to use dd-wrt with the sky router, but some friendly geek wrote a guide on how to get them to work together. See the following link and view the attached pdf file, or view the attachment.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/asking-help/42110-using-dlink-dir613.html

The problem that i currently have is with the DMZ. I think if i am able to resolve this issue, i will get my dd-wrt working again.

Currently i have several devices connected to my dd-wrt router, the TV and Sky Box etc. If i connect my dd-wrt router to the HomeHub4 via ethernet and and go to the DMZ settings on the HH4, i am able to choose a device to add to the DMZ. I am able to choose the TV MAC address for instance.

Why am i able to choose devises that are connected to the DD-WRT router, whereas what i really need is the DD-WRT router itself to be added to the HH4 DMZ.

Is anyone able to advise?
thermaltake2007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37    Post subject: Re: can not upgrade to dd-wrt (it said "invalid firmwar Reply with quote
nin wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
dd-wrt has now been official released for this type. right now we can just provide web upgrade images for buffalo devices for EU/US. buffalo doesn not want that we release flashable images for japanese routers at this time

I use the WEB GUI (of Buffalo's original WEB GUI) to upgrade the dd-wrt. I downloaded the file from dd-wrt (build 13977) and hit upgrade button.
And then it display message..

"invalid firmware" ... and the router undergo reboot itself.

I bought this router in Thailand, and it is labelled that "Made in China"

Can I still upgrade to dd-wrt?
ReeG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey everyone. I'm bumping this old thread in a final effort to resolve my issues with my LAN ports being unable to communicate with each other. I'm also experiencing the commonly reported issue where wired->wired or wireless->wired port connectivity is not working. wired->wireless is working normally and WAN access from all devices is OK. Connecting an old D-Link I had laying around allows LAN pings and connections to shares as normal so I'm sure it's not my PC's or firewall settings, the issue is specific to the WZR-HP-G300NH

I've read and tried both the vlan disable commands and port assignment commands suggested in this thread and the DDWRT support page for the WZR-HP-G300NH but LAN port connectivity remains restricted. Hardware revision is A0 D0. I recieved the router loaded with 14998, upgraded to 19484 and now I'm on 28788. The issue existed in all 3 builds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I received this router from a friend who didn't need it any longer and everything is working great except for this one issue. Thanks in advance for any help
ReeG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
etherboy wrote:
I have exactly the same problem that the local ports can't talk to each other! As it turned out that build 19484 puts every LAN ports into its own VLAN! I just found the problem a few days ago since I attached my PCs to another switch, which has no scuh problem until I plug them into the Buffalo.

This is absolutely ridiculous for a company like Buffalo and they are not doing anything to fix it!

Will never, ever buy another Buffalo product ever. Never had a router that has so many problems, it really sucks.

The only way to fix it is run the startup script mentioned by other members.

or

my hardware revision is labeled on the back as A2 A0 too.

This is the exact issue i'm having but these commands don't seem to work on my Hardware version. Do you have any advice for me? Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 Display posts from previous:    Page 65 of 65
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: