Is there an IPv6 tutorial for this version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
IsaacFL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 17:09    Post subject: Is there an IPv6 tutorial for this version Reply with quote
I am a newbie, just starting, trying to get IPv6 set up. The tutorials in the Wiki do not work, and seem to be for a much older version.

I have been stumbling around trying to get it to work, and partially successful, but then it will stop working.

My version is:
Router Model: Netgear WNDR3700
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r28647 std (01/02/16)
Kernel Version: Linux 3.10.94 #14518 Sat Jan 2 03:49:02 CET 2016 mips

Thanks,
Sponsor
cmsigler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 18:02    Post subject: Re: Is there an IPv6 tutorial for this version Reply with quote
Hi,

IsaacFL wrote:
I am a newbie, just starting, trying to get IPv6 set up. The tutorials in the Wiki do not work, and seem to be for a much older version.

I thought about adding info from my current experiences to the wiki but have been afraid to Sad

Are you trying to use he.net (Hurricane Electric)? Or have you registered with SixXS? I'm currently using HE in the field and SixXS at home.

Please let me know which you need help with and I'll post basic step-by-step instructions and the boot-time scripts I'm using. HTH

Clemmitt
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6,_6in4_tunnel_-_GUI_only
IsaacFL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 22:04    Post subject: Re: Is there an IPv6 tutorial for this version Reply with quote
I am trying to do it without a tunnel. My ISP uses DHCP to assign IPv6 addresses. So no static address.

cmsigler wrote:
Hi,

I thought about adding info from my current experiences to the wiki but have been afraid to Sad

Are you trying to use he.net (Hurricane Electric)? Or have you registered with SixXS? I'm currently using HE in the field and SixXS at home.

Please let me know which you need help with and I'll post basic step-by-step instructions and the boot-time scripts I'm using. HTH

Clemmitt
cmsigler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 22:22    Post subject: Re: Is there an IPv6 tutorial for this version Reply with quote
Hi,

IsaacFL wrote:
I am trying to do it without a tunnel. My ISP uses DHCP to assign IPv6 addresses. So no static address.

I may not be able to help much as I don't have native IPv6. And good luck with ShenTel supporting IPv6 natively any time in the next decade Mad

You've tried the "DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation" setting under Setup->IPV6, right? Once you've set that up it's failing? Or are there problems figuring out what settings to enter into the GUI web interface?

I suppose you may have dd-wrt configured correctly but there are issues on your ISP's end.

Clemmitt
IsaacFL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 23:21    Post subject: Re: Is there an IPv6 tutorial for this version Reply with quote
The "DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation" is the way I am setting it up. Funny thing is, it was working last night. I had to manually assign ip6 DNS servers on my Windows PC, and then it was working and passed any of the IPv6 tests on the web. iPhones also was working with no special settings.

But then this morning wouldn't work at all. Couldn't even ping an ipv6 address. IP4 was fine.

Now it is working again, not sure if some of my changes fixed it, or random.

cmsigler wrote:
Hi,

I may not be able to help much as I don't have native IPv6. And good luck with ShenTel supporting IPv6 natively any time in the next decade Mad

You've tried the "DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation" setting under Setup->IPV6, right? Once you've set that up it's failing? Or are there problems figuring out what settings to enter into the GUI web interface?

I suppose you may have dd-wrt configured correctly but there are issues on your ISP's end.

Clemmitt
cmsigler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 23:29    Post subject: Re: Is there an IPv6 tutorial for this version Reply with quote
IsaacFL wrote:

That's good Smile

Are you on Comcast? They've supported IPv6 for a while now. Maybe your ISP is just enabling IPv6 support and their transport is going up and down as they finalize their back-end configuration? 6rd?

Hope it keeps working!

Clemmitt
IsaacFL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 18:35    Post subject: Re: Is there an IPv6 tutorial for this version Reply with quote
I am on Time Warner in Southern California. I got it working last night, and now just to see if it keeps working for a few days.

cmsigler wrote:
IsaacFL wrote:

That's good Smile

Are you on Comcast? They've supported IPv6 for a while now. Maybe your ISP is just enabling IPv6 support and their transport is going up and down as they finalize their back-end configuration? 6rd?

Hope it keeps working!

Clemmitt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: