Cannot find WRT54G after changed to switch settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mr_chapendi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:53    Post subject: Cannot find WRT54G after changed to switch settings Reply with quote
Some time ago (a year or two) I installed DD-WRT on my Linksys WRT54G. It worked great as a wireless router for a good while, until I no longer needed a wireless router - I just needed a switch.

So, I played with the settings until I got it functioning as a switch - no wireless functionality at all, just allowing me to connect multiple computers to my one dorm room ethernet connection and get internet access in all of them.

Now, I need it as a wireless router again. Unfortunately, I can't find the router! I have no idea what IP address it is on - none of the usual suspects work - and it doesn't seem like resetting it (the 30/30/30) do anything at all.

I've spent hours googling, and I'm in IRC now, but I figured it'd make sense to ask here as well.

Thanks, and I sincerely hope I can get something figured out.
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:34    Post subject: Re: Cannot find WRT54G after changed to switch settings Reply with quote
mr_chapendi wrote:
Some time ago (a year or two) I installed DD-WRT on my Linksys WRT54G. It worked great as a wireless router for a good while, until I no longer needed a wireless router - I just needed a switch.

So, I played with the settings until I got it functioning as a switch - no wireless functionality at all, just allowing me to connect multiple computers to my one dorm room ethernet connection and get internet access in all of them.

Now, I need it as a wireless router again. Unfortunately, I can't find the router! I have no idea what IP address it is on - none of the usual suspects work - and it doesn't seem like resetting it (the 30/30/30) do anything at all.

I've spent hours googling, and I'm in IRC now, but I figured it'd make sense to ask here as well.

Thanks, and I sincerely hope I can get something figured out.

Try this little IP scanner program. It can scan a range of IP addresses and might make it easier for you to find the gui.

redhawk

ipscan.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ipscan.zip
 Filesize:  103.55 KB
 Downloaded:  431 Time(s)

Navigation

Jump to: