"Netmask Priority" question?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
helloton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 20:25    Post subject: "Netmask Priority" question? Reply with quote
What exactly does "Netmask Priority" in the QOS section do??

Choice 1) Limit total (overall) bandwidth from all computers in the specific netmask to the configurated value

OR

Choice 2) Limit each computer bandwidth in the specific netmask to the configurated value

Which choice is correct???

And since limiting user bandwidth is the most important thing to me, which QOS method should I choose (HTB OR HFSC)??

Many thanks for your help Smile
Sponsor
Trailblazer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would also like to know whether to use HSB or HSFC. Or is that just used for service QOS? Throttling bandwidth is why I bought the software as well.

To answer your question helloton, I would imagine that would depend on what you want to do. Limit bandwidth for the entire masks set of IP's to a certain speed or limit each computer within the masked set of IP's. That seems pretty clear to me.

Thanks!

WRT-54Gv8 - V24 RC5 Micro
WTR54GS V2.0 - V24 Final Micro
shizuo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think netmask priority is total for all computers that are in the range.

For Packet Scheduler I have mine set HTB and it works fine. I leave it HTB because the help says:
"In other words, HTB is useful for limiting a client's download/upload rates, thereby preventing his monopolization of the available bandwidth."
According to the help it looks like HTB is best suited for the speed limiting feature of DD-WRT although I am not sure of the differences myself.
Trailblazer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 17:52    Post subject: Shouldn't be so lazy... Reply with quote
shizuo,

Thanks for pointing out that help is there. I shouldn't be so lazy...sometimes I simply forget!

HSB sounds like exactly what I need.

Thanks for your help!

WRT-54Gv8 - V24 RC5 Micro
WTR54GS V2.0 - V24 Final Micro
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: