USB [WebCAMs pwc+spca5xx+ov51x]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:34    Post subject: Unknown symbol 'page_address' in gspca module Reply with quote
Thanks for the driver files, mveinot.

Found this and decided to give it a try. All modules load except for gspca.ko, which fails with:
Code:
Unknown symbol 'page_address'

Should mention my kernel version is 2.6.23.17 and these modules list 2.6.24.111. (I used gouryella's vermagic trick to sterilize before loading.)

'page-address' is defined in svn here, so not sure why it's "unknown". The .../mm/... containing folder (in svn) says "highmem support for devices > 128MB," so it may be that builds for devices with less memory don't automatically get that code compiled in (which then results in this error when attempting to run the larger modules that need it).

So it looks like a custom fw build is going to be in order to get this running...
Sponsor
CaScAdE
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since one of my webcam-routers now rests in pieces I had get a new one and updated my webcam-builds and made them a bit more simple to use. Now you can mod your own image! No need to ask me for a recent one anymore Smile
those are for 2.4 kernels only!!!

Most recent build testes:
Quote:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/17/11) mega
(SVN revision 17084M NEWD Eko)

on a
Quote:
Router Model
Asus WL-500g Premium

And with the usb2 limitation on a v2 as well...

Works like always... Flash image, enable USB in DD-WRT and reboot... Access /user/webcam.html and watch some images...

Usage is really simple:
./modwebcam.sh dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD_big.bin
and the rest should be going on...
You might need some libs and svn (for the modkit) but you'll figure that out... Smile

Note: At least the spca and philips webcams do not work on a WL500gp v2 because of the usb2 stuff there, on v1 they do work. Maybe someone has got other builds of the webcam-modules which will work there?
Code:
hcd.c: use explicit queuing not urb->next
pwc isoc_init() submit_urb 0 failed with error -22

Seems to be an issue with the usb2 driver on the v2...

A workaround ist to uncheck the "USB 2.0 Support" and just go with usb1 since the old webcams are usb1... Another workaround is to use a usb1 hub like mentioned in the OpenWRT trac.

Really frustrating to build up a dd-wrt build-environment just to update the bloody webcam modules... back in the days I had access to a nearly working environment and made the modules, but that was like 5 years ago... anyone with a working environment to link up the modules? maybe mveinot?

Webcam Kiel
ben987
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Cascade and co,

I've been trying to get webcams working on my E3000 for over a year now. (I had an account on here before but couldn't remember the username). I was really excited to see your new post on it but have to say I didn't really understand what I need to do.

I'm running the big version of DD-WRT v24-sp2 16785 at the moment but would happily put the latest version (17598 right?) if it would help.

So far I've tried downloading uvc, pwc and gspca modules from multiple sources (inc this forum) and tried loading them manually. I've had some sort of success getting one of the cameras I've tried to be detected but just always showed a black (or grey maybe) screen. I assume either the cameras or modules were incompatible. (I'm afraid I can't remember which modules/camera I got detected since it was a while ago now.) I've also tried compiling my own modules both locally on the router and with a build environment on a VM but I always hit some sort of compile or config issue as I'm not an expert in these things.

I've also read every page I can find on the web (and the openwrt stuff) and often seem to get so close but never quite there. I've now got at least 4 cheap webcams I've collected since I thought I'd just try trial and error.

I'm sorry to have posted a list of my failed attempts without really asking a question but your latest post sounded like it might be just what I need. In order to use your modwebcam.sh script do I need to set up a build environment and use it to patch the bin before flashing the router? If that's right will it work on my router firmware? (dd-wrt.v24-17598_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin) Any tips setting up the build environment would be great as well! (Someone must have a VM image?)

I would have tried with openwrt (just as a trial) except I really love dd-wrt and have set up some really successful usb-serial stuff on it already.

Really hope you can help me finally get a webcam going!

Thanks in advance,

Ben
ben987
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just looked at your script (didn't see it before because I wasn't logged in) and remembered about firmware mod kit. So I guess I download that use it to patch the bin and the flash with the updated firmware.

So I'm guessing it should work with any of the firmware version? Should I use the older one I'm using now 16785 or get the newer 17598? And any tips on using the firmware-mod-kit would still be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben
ben987
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi again...

I thought I'd go ahead and try and patch the 17598 version of my routers firmware with your script and it seems I've failed at the first step. It looks like the firmware-mod-kit tools arn't compiling. When looking in the build.log file I can see "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop." which doesn't look right...

When trying trying to manually build them by running 'make' in /firmware-mod-kit-read-only/trunk/src/ it just returns the same error. I see a 'Makefile.in' but no 'Makefile' in that folder. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but if you can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Ben
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ben987, why not first try simply inserting the modules put together by mveinot? The E3000 has 64MB RAM so there's at least a chance you won't run into the missing 'page-address' error, in which case it should work.

CaScAdE is clear that "those are for 2.4 kernels only!!!" All FW associated with the E3000 is 2.6. Idea
ben987
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the response yutoon. I'm afraid I already have tried loading those modules. As far as I can remember (and I'm obviously gonna have to try it all again) they did load fine and I did get the v4l1 device for one of my cameras. But then the capture software I tried to use didn't work. I can't remember the names of them either at the moment but I tried more than one. That's when I got what appeared to be data from one of the cams but it was always just a blank image. I seem to remember seeing errors in logs which implied the camera/driver combination was the problem in this case.

I realize how unspecific I'm being with what I've already tried and I really appreciate the help guys. Maybe I should go back to trying other cameras. I have a microsoft one, a few philips ones and 1 or 2 others. Does anyone have a cheap recommendation for a webcam that works well with these gspca drivers? I've tried using the compatibility lists on various websites but buying off those lists didn't seem to help either.

In the mean time I'll go back to trying the provided modules and see if I can get back to devices being detected at least...

Thanks again,
Ben
AlexHighTower
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
is it possible to make webcam works on build 14929?
solutions from here do not works for me ((

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 21:46    Post subject: generic gspca support Reply with quote
It appears I need a kmod-video-gspca-sonixj driver for my webcam, according to
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/video4linux/gspca.txt#335

If I did succeed in getting this would I also need a kmod-video gspca layer, or is that already in 'philips webcam'? ..

(dont know much about linux - spent a day pushing this one around my plate - it would be nice if one could just plug in the correct usb camera driver; what's the relation between open wrt and dd-wrt - is it just that dd-wrt has a commercial spin off, and ipkg and ipkg-opt seem to have diverged?)
denismak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:54    Post subject: uvcvideo Reply with quote
Good day! Tell me,please, where i can get modules for dd-wrt 2.6.24.111: uvcvideo.ko and input-core.ko? I check this modules on ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/Public/modules, but no result.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
denismak
I've just compilled all kernel modules for 2.6.24.111 and added uvcvideo.ko and tun.ko

If u want use uvcvideo, first u need
insmod v4l2-common.ko
insmod v4l1-compat.ko
insmod compat_ioctl32.ko
insmod videodev.ko
Then
insmod uvcvideo.ko

It works on my modded WRT610N converted to E3000. But I don't try to connect UVC Webcam yet.

With best regards.
AlexHighTower
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
buggles wrote:

I've just compilled all kernel modules for 2.6.24.111 and added uvcvideo.ko and tun.ko

I've tryed it on my Asus RT-N16 and web cam is found^
Quote:

usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-2: device not accepting address 4, error -71
usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
usb 1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device VF0410 Live! Cam Video IM Pro (041e:4063)

but now my question what to do next?
I tried w3camd, but it tells that "Error: Can't get image"

What to use?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
AlexHighTower
You can try palantir or http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/packages/mjpg-streamer_r148-3_brcm47xx.ipk
AlexHighTower
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
buggles wrote:
AlexHighTower
You can try palantir or http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/packages/mjpg-streamer_r148-3_brcm47xx.ipk

palantir fails to start:
Quote:

# palantir -d /dev/v4l/video0 -m -e -p 8081
Jun 14 22:22:23 [main] -- palantir 2.6 starting --
Jun 14 22:22:23 [main] Definitions for 0 devices found
Jun 14 22:22:23 [main] No serial port specified
Jun 14 22:22:23 [main] No named pipe specified
Jun 14 22:22:23 [video] Card: VF0410 Live! Cam Video IM Pro (/dev/v4l/video0)
Jun 14 22:22:23 [video] Capabilities: 1 (capture )
Jun 14 22:22:23 [video] Size: (48x32)-(640x480)
Jun 14 22:22:23 [video] ** Fatal error: GCHAN: No such file or directory

mjpg-streamer also doest work:
Quote:

MJPG Streamer Version: svn rev: exported
i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video0
i: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
i: Frames Per Second.: 5
MJPG Streamer Version: svn rev: exported
Adding control for Pan (relative)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error: Invalid argument
Adding control for Tilt (relative)
Adding control for Pan Reset
Adding control for Tilt Reset
Adding control for Pan/tilt Reset
Adding control for Focus (absolute)
mapping control for Pan (relative)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error: Invalid argument
mapping control for Tilt (relative)
mapping control for Pan Reset
mapping control for Tilt Reset
mapping control for Pan/tilt Reset
mapping control for Focus (absolute)
mapping control for LED1 Mode
mapping control for LED1 Frequency
mapping control for Disable video processing
mapping control for Raw bits per pixel
o: www-folder-path...: disabled
o: HTTP TCP port.....: 8090
o: username:password.: disabled
o: commands..........: enabled
./mjpg_streamer: can't resolve symbol '__pthread_register_cancel'
./mjpg_streamer: can't resolve symbol '__pthread_register_cancel'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
AlexHighTower
Sorry, but I have no idea for now. I'll try that when I will have usb hub.
Try old version http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc6/brcm47xx/packages/mjpg-streamer_r136-1_brcm47xx.ipk u will not see error
Code:
can't resolve symbol '__pthread_register_cancel'

This error seems doesn't matter
Code:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Contributions Upload All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: