Joined: 06 Sep 2015
|Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:25 Post subject: WDR3600 and vpn passthrough problem
Recently my old linksys router with DDWRT broke, so i bought TP-LINK WDR3600. The problem is I can't connect to my work VPN using L2TP. On previous router it worked without any additional configuration. On WDR3600 I can't connect on both original and DDWRT. I did some testing and:
- I can connect to VPN when I'm not using router. Just directy conneted to RJ45 from my ISP.
- I can't connect via router using: RJ45, 2,4GHz wifi and 5GHz wifi.
- I'm usually getting 619 error. Sometimes 800.
- VPN Passthrough is enabled
- Tried with DMZ
- Tried with SPI firewall disabled
- Tried to enable logs - no success
What worries me that I can't connect on both original firmware and DDWRT. Hardware problem? Has anyone managed to connect to L2TP VPN network via this router? Please help. I work from home and I really need co connect to VPN.
After this post I decided to try newest TP-LINK firmware. After using "WDR3600 v1.x Webrevert - Back to stock" firmware, VPN Passthrough started to work. I haven't tried newest TP-LINK firmware.