DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Jonhoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just flashed the firmware, and both LAN and WiFi worked as expected. Unfortunately PPPoE did not work at all.. No packets either way through WAN..

Back to stock for now then =(
Keep up the good work though!
Sponsor
law
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jonhoo wrote:
Just flashed the firmware, and both LAN and WiFi worked as expected. Unfortunately PPPoE did not work at all.. No packets either way through WAN..

Same for me too. Hope future releases will work.
Mine is V2000/2034 model.

Smile
law
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
law wrote:
Jonhoo wrote:

Same for me too. Hope future releases will work.
Mine is V2000/2034 model.

Smile

Because problem with WAN on my router can somebody help me how to connect belkin router to second router I have, which has WAN connection.
Belkin's IP = 192.168.1.1 (all my devices connected)
SIemens Sx763 IP= 192.168.2.1 (connected to internet, no clients).

Thanks
MMorris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 19:03    Post subject: F5D8235-4v2 Support or NO Support Reply with quote
If i go to the first link it looks like it is supported but when i go to download the firmware its not listed at all! Please help as the factory firmware sucks!

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Belkin
With that link it is got all the information and the fcc id is the same!

This is what i get to download it!
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Thanks!
law
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 19:10    Post subject: Re: F5D8235-4v2 Support or NO Support Reply with quote
MMorris wrote:
If i go to the first link it looks like it is supported but when i go to download the firmware its not listed at all! Please help as the factory firmware sucks!

Thanks!

Firmware is posted in this topic on page 4 by BrainSlayer. Look for it.
MMorris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40    Post subject: Re: F5D8235-4v2 Support or NO Support Reply with quote
law wrote:
MMorris wrote:

Thanks!

Firmware is posted in this topic on page 4 by BrainSlayer. Look for it.

I seen that but dont see any atachments or links that i can see anyways! And from what i have read there are different version 2 devices?? Please someone help me find the link to the download and how do i check if my V2 device will have the the correct hardware in it as someone else with a ver2 said the network ports done work with the firmware!

Sorry if i am missing something!
Thanks!
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
You'll have to be logged in to see attachments in the forum.

From what others has reported here it looks like Belkin changed the version number of the router when the changed the switch ic.

v20xx = RTL8366RB for which dd-wrt works.
v21xx = RTL8366SR for which dd-wrt currently doesn't work.

You'll have to take this with a pinch of salt though, it is so far based on a limited number of user reports.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

From what others has reported here it looks like Belkin changed the version number of the router when the changed the switch ic.

You'll have to take this with a pinch of salt though, it is so far based on a limited number of user reports.

Ok i was able to get the pictures and file. But looks like i am out of luck as i opened the case and i have a chipset RTL8366SR Wich is V2110 on the box! Sad

I hope this gets support soon as i cant stand the factory firmware as it is worthless!!
law
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

But there is also problem with v20xx not all models work, there is problem with WAN port. Jonhoo and I have the same problem with it.
Jonhoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, for me it wasn't that the WAN wasn't working, it was that PPPoE wasn't... If I set it up as DHCP, it got an IP from my ISP, but since they require PPPoE for internet connectivity, my internet didn't work.

If I set it to PPPoE on the other hand, it just refused to connect at all.. Didn't even get an IP address.
Reverted firmware and connected with the exact same credentials, and everything worked fine.
law
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jonhoo wrote:
Well, for me it wasn't that the WAN wasn't working, it was that PPPoE wasn't... If I set it up as DHCP, it got an IP from my ISP, but since they require PPPoE for internet connectivity, my internet didn't work.

If I set it to PPPoE on the other hand, it just refused to connect at all.. Didn't even get an IP address.
Reverted firmware and connected with the exact same credentials, and everything worked fine.

My mistake, I ment PPPoE, my ISP only works PPPoE. I reverted firmaware also but I miss some functionalities dd-wrt is offering, NAS, VPN etc....Belkins firmware is poor...
My setup is:
1. Siemens SX 763 in bridged mode (LAN IP 192.168.2.1)
2. Belkin with PPPoE connected to lan port on 1. (LAN IP 192.168.1.1) and all devices are connected to it. After updating to dd-wrt couldn't get WAN IP using PPPoE.
parlae
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
@law

have you tried buluan's solution on page 7(i think Smile). I think he had the same problem?
And is your version v2034nv, thats how it says on my packaging box?

cheers
sayeed_992
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
parlae wrote:
@law

have you tried buluan's solution on page 7(i think Smile). I think he had the same problem?
And is your version v2034nv, thats how it says on my packaging box?

cheers

my belkin router is F5D8235sa4 & ver is 2034sa. can anyone please suggest me any firmware? I'm very novice here. please help me by providing a link using which i can upgrade/flash firmware. belkin firmware is too poor.

sory if i've told something stupid.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
law wrote:
Jonhoo wrote:

My mistake, I ment PPPoE, my ISP only works PPPoE. I reverted firmaware also but I miss some functionalities dd-wrt is offering, NAS, VPN etc....Belkins firmware is poor...
My setup is:
1. Siemens SX 763 in bridged mode (LAN IP 192.168.2.1)
2. Belkin with PPPoE connected to lan port on 1. (LAN IP 192.168.1.1) and all devices are connected to it. After updating to dd-wrt couldn't get WAN IP using PPPoE.

Configure your Siemens for real bridge mode so that it doesn't do any NAT, so that you get your real ISP WAN IP on the LAN port of the Siemens.
Then you will also get the same IP on the WAN port of the Belkin and PPPoE should work.

You are now in some kind of half-bridged mode that dd-wrt can't handle, you are also double NAT-ing which will cause problems for you if you want to do port forwarding.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
@sayeed_992
you can try firmware BrainSlayer posted on page 4, and tell us how it works. Smile
Ih you need to revert it you can do so with restore firmware LOM posted on page 7.

p.s. thanks BS and LOM for your contribution - great job! Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: