DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
ranjitbhar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like I spoke up too early the router is now loosing net-connectivity every couple of hours, the WAN IP goes empty after a reboot it picks up the WAN and the net works.

Will monitor more closely.
Sponsor
ttdanh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont have any problems with the firmware on "PAGE 4".

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=140408 (3rd post)
ranjitbhar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I disabled the USB option and now it seems to be much stable now around 8hrs of uptime..... will check more and update.
parlae
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
ranjitbhar wrote:
I disabled the USB option and now it seems to be much stable now around 8hrs of uptime..... will check more and update.

thanks for your effort!
Appreciated Smile
ranjitbhar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the last 2 days the router was stable no disconnect from the net........ but the DHCP was acting a lot wonky not assigning IP, I had set the LAN ip to 192.168.2.1 from the default 192.168.1.1 and for now its working fine...... will update after a day or two after seeing the stability.
bill_r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 16:38    Post subject: Seriously cool Reply with quote
I got a couple of F5D8235 V2032 for £34 as clearance and boy I am I glad.

This is via a 3 (H3G) UMTS / HSPA dongle thru the router.

Even the lights indicate I am connected to the internet.

Wish I had got a couple more..

Yet to check out the wireless!

Thanks...
ranjitbhar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sadily I am unable to use the router now...... back to my linksys WRT54G coz the DHCP server with the dd-wrt build on the Belkin is very flaky it will not assign the IP many times.... and that is causing a lot of problems, if I power cycle the router it works for while but again after a couple of hrs the IP wont be assigned to new clients / devices and I just cant power cycle it every few hours.

Anyways to get back the Belkin firmware back on the router and help would be appreciated.
ttdanh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
on {page 7} talking about get back to factory fw?

file download here by LOM Idea

* u should try another firmware (i had big problem with the latest DD_WRT FW for belkin F5D8235v2. right now im using 04-09-11-r16785 is ready stable and nothing happen for 3 weeks.

love dd-wrt.
parlae
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
ttdanh wrote:

* u should try another firmware (i had big problem with the latest DD_WRT FW for belkin F5D8235v2. right now im using 04-09-11-r16785 is ready stable and nothing happen for 3 weeks.

love dd-wrt.

have you tried version from 06-14-11-r17201 ? It's newer date so i'm guessing it could e better?!
BTW my n+ is v2034nv, and i think it is version with RB chip
TIA Smile
nubsey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:12    Post subject: 6/14/11 Reply with quote
parlae wrote:
ttdanh wrote:

love dd-wrt.

have you tried version from 06-14-11-r17201 ? It's newer date so i'm guessing it could e better?!
BTW my n+ is v2034nv, and i think it is version with RB chip
TIA Smile

I tried the newest version and I can't get NTFS to function correctly. Also, it seems like the wireless resets intermittently. Can anyone else confirm or deny?
lowearthorbit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the f5d8235-4 v2000uk with a serial port hacked onto it.
If you don't have one on yours follow this link: http://sleclire.blogspot.com/2010/09/interfacing-belkin-f5d8235-4-v2000.html

If you're looking for the firmware start browsing here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/
(I add this so that folks starting at the wrong end of this topic like I usually do can jump straight to the firmware)

I started with the latest version and worked backwards to the 16785 before I got a stable version (Dated 2011-04-13).

USB storage works with fat32 (I also tried ext2 and ext3 which didn't work, I think there are unresolved symbols when ext3 module is attempted to load)

To test the stability I downloaded the current-toolchain (900MB+) from the dd-wrt FTP site, using wireless and LAN from a PC, and then plugging and unplugging a 1G USB flash stick.

versions after 16785 typically reboot themselves after ~ 200M of WAN traffic or starting an https connection or plugging in a USB stick.
The error on the serial console is that the kernel was unable to satisfy a paging request, followed by the watchdog? trying to kill an idle process, stack dump, and then reboot.

Kudos to Brainslayer, this router is usable again as a router(for a year it's just been an access point for N+ behind my trusty old wrt54gs).

-------------------------------------------
F5D8235-4 v2000uk
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std - build 16785
wtlai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do I need CA-42 cable to unbrick my BELKIN router (since it is bricked after firmware upgrade)?
Now, my router cannot assign IP address, so I cannot connect it by tftp software.
Already tried 30/30/30 method, but still the same. Any idea?
lowearthorbit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
An update after a week of usage, bandwidth doesn't go above 144Mb, however speed testing it against my other wireless n+ router it's still faster (even though the other router claims to connect at 230Mb).

lowearthorbit wrote:
I have the f5d8235-4 v2000uk with a serial port hacked onto it.
If you don't have one on yours follow this link: http://sleclire.blogspot.com/2010/09/interfacing-belkin-f5d8235-4-v2000.html

If you're looking for the firmware start browsing here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/
(I add this so that folks starting at the wrong end of this topic like I usually do can jump straight to the firmware)

I started with the latest version and worked backwards to the 16785 before I got a stable version (Dated 2011-04-13).

USB storage works with fat32 (I also tried ext2 and ext3 which didn't work, I think there are unresolved symbols when ext3 module is attempted to load)

To test the stability I downloaded the current-toolchain (900MB+) from the dd-wrt FTP site, using wireless and LAN from a PC, and then plugging and unplugging a 1G USB flash stick.

versions after 16785 typically reboot themselves after ~ 200M of WAN traffic or starting an https connection or plugging in a USB stick.
The error on the serial console is that the kernel was unable to satisfy a paging request, followed by the watchdog? trying to kill an idle process, stack dump, and then reboot.

Kudos to Brainslayer, this router is usable again as a router(for a year it's just been an access point for N+ behind my trusty old wrt54gs).

-------------------------------------------
F5D8235-4 v2000uk
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std - build 16785
Darksurf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:14    Post subject: *facepalm* Reply with quote
shoot me.. Sad

I installed this on my v2110 hoping to use it just as a wireless repeater, and to finish the setup I must use the lan ports which don't work cause its a SR chipset. Crying or Very sad

This wireless router has been pretty useless lately and I was hoping to bridge or repeat my wireless internet to my next door neighbors for minor gaming lan parties. I guess this is off my possibility list for now Sad

This router has been a curse... a $100 curse that forever haunts me. My TPLINK-1043N is has been the cure for myself, but even with upgraded antennas theres no way I can reach the neighbors house with a solid connection with this router alone Sad

Why have you forsaken me BELKIN?! With your crappy firmware and inconsistent hardware, you only haunt me more!

I hope someone fixes the SR chipset issue soon.
mlb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I have the v2 2034nv and flashed the r16785.

Wired network worked, PPPoE didn't. I tried this fix: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=608767#608767 (except I had to go to URL /Vlan.asp, it is missing in menu). When I reapplied the settings displayed (per post above - e.g. uncheck port 3, save, check it again, save&apply), it has really changed the portXvlans settings, but PPPoE still didn't work. I also played with various vlan settings, etc., but finally made it to work by resetting the settings and:

1. Not doing anything in /Vlan.asp
2. In Basic Setup > Networking changing WAN port assignment to br0

Afterwards, PPPoE started working. Is this correct approach?

----------------

Also, whenever I click Apply Settings, e.g. after setting DDNS, or even when I click Wake Up in WOL menu, the router resets PPPoE WAN connection.

Is this normal with DD-WRT on this router? (I have never used DD-WRT before and did not find anything about this with Google.)

I have a router-unrelated problem with PPPoE with my ISP - login is only seldom accepted - it was doing this when I was using their DSL service with two different Draytek Vigors and now with new GPON line (Huawei 850 ONT+this Belkin) and with different login, it is still the same story. With this, whenever I make any small change in router settings, I have to try several times to connect the PPPoE again.

Is there any way around this? E.g. let the router hold the PPPoE connection while applying settings or let the router try to connect PPPoE again and again whenever connection fails?

----------------

Also, thanks for making DD-WRT possible for this router, it finally looks like real router and not a toy with almost no settings (I missed WDS & WOL from WAN in original FW).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: