DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
sevenalive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
12-14-11-r18007 resets the wan every few minutes. I will try the other december builds. The april build works fine, but I want something more current.

@brainslayer, how can I help you fix the problem. Is there a debug mode or log I can post.

Edit: Tried the December builds as of 12/18 and none of them work well. They all reset the wan every 20 min. and one of them kept rebooting the router every few minutes.

I went back to the april release and hopefully brainslayer reads my pm and fixes the problems so we can use a newer release.

Has anyone else noticed worse wifi signal strength compared to the stock. On the stock I got 3 bars most of my apartment on my iPhone using G. I am about 10 ft away from the router (in the same room) and It drops to 2 bars. The signal strength in the firmware says 50% and if I hold the phone right up to the antenna's, the best I get is ~94%. The power is at 71, I tried 80 and even 90 and it got somewhat better but also worse.
Sponsor
systemfehler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do have the same problem with my Belkin router - every build I tried after April resets my connection within a certain timeframe. It seems to cause problems sooner the more load/connections/downloads I run.

Please fix that and as mentioned above I am too willing to help with information/testing if there is anything I can do.

Don't know if that helps but the Wireless LED is not a steady blue light but more like violett sometimes.

Kind regards
Qualous
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 20:00    Post subject: Repeated Router Reboots Reply with quote
I'm having the same reboot and LED issues/symptoms as sevenalive & systemfehler. I've tried investigating what was captured in the logs but it seems to be something that isn't making it that far. Perhaps a kernel panic or lower that's rebooting before it make it far enough.
systemfehler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has there been an update yet? I can't test 18024 right now because my router has to stay "productive" for a couple of days. So far I did not read about any fixes or even what caused the problem.
systemfehler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried the latest build now and it seems the problem is still there. Can someone verify that or even better has a fix for it?
gungun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you all. I flashed my Belkin router as well and everything I need seems to be OK (exept LED's, but those things are not important) . I'm using build 16785.
systemfehler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any chance that with an upcoming version "ipkg" will be available? I wanted to run Miau as a IRC bouncer but I can't enable JFFS but instead used a USB drive and now I miss the "ipkg" command. Are there any other ways to transform the rounter into a bouncer? I won't use a newer version (currently 16785, although I doubt that would change anything) because those don't work for me and my attempts to fix that have been in vain so far.
FatalEpidemic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
any support for the SR switch yet? I been hoping and waiting that this to be supported soon.

I had the bad luck of having an SR switch instead of the SB.

Broke mine open this morning to have a look and I have the same RTL8366SR chip also Sad Router is v2 (2033)
UV_Blue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am going to post this here since this is my router and my suspicion is that jffs not being an option is causing my problems; whether that is my fault for not understanding jffs/*nix, or truly the fact that it's not an option prevents functionality, someone smarter than I will have to answer.

After 5 solid days/nights of reading and researching, I have come to the conclusion that...I need to ask for help. I've done almost nothing but try to figure this out.

The goal is to use an 8GB flash drive (for optware/jffs/swap), USB HDD for taking files away from home (preferrably ntfs R/W since it may leave a *nix friendly environment; it also needs to store files over 4GB so fat32 is out), and an HP Deskjet 990Cse.

I am using v24-sp2 build 16785-4/13/11 as anything newer seems unreliable for wan/wifi. I am willing to use firmwaremodkit to add jffs support if I have to, but would prefer an alternative; even if that is another build, as long as it works (eg: no paperweights). I flashed the latest version just to check, and jffs is still not a webgui option. I read briefly that brainslayer removed it due to conflicts with bandwidth monitoring. If having a network printer and NAS means sacrificing bandwidth monitoring, I can live with that.

Here are the problems/questions I have:

#1 - Using automount on /opt with only one external storage connected to the router. I have optware installed on an 8gb flash drive with 2GB /opt ext3, 1GB /swappart, 2GB /jffs, ~2GB Data (and have installed it on a usb hdd using similar partitioning with the same results). Everything seems to go fine during the install and, after a reboot, there is the added line for "Enhanced with OTRW" and /dev/discs/disc0/part1 is mounted on /opt, but 'service' returns "No services found". Why?

#2 - No partitions automount but dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt. I can't 'mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0 /opt' if I turn automount off. 'dmesg' says it's there, but 'mount' doesn't change.

#3 - Is jffs required for "optware the right way"? (I didn't think so, I'm just asking to be sure) If so, is there a workaround?

#4 - Can I enable jffs through ssh even though there is no option for it in brainslayer's webgui? I have tried before and, using 'nvram get', it seems to enable. I don't know if it is writable though; and if it is, whether it's being used or how to check from a command line.

#5 - What 'nvram set' commands should I use? Should I commit or put them in a startup script?

#6 - Does Samba require jffs? (or is jffs just a folder and I'm making it too special?)

#7 - Is there a way, or even a reason, to enable swap without jffs or optware, and if so what packages or other prerequisites do I need to enable swap?

I'd like optware working, but if I can only have print server/samba shares then fine. I'm assuming if I can get that far though, optware will already work or not be far from it. I know I am probably overlooking something stupid. At this point, I am burned out on trying on my own and am starting to think it's the f/w's limitations combined with my lack of knowledge causing the issues. Any help is greatly appreciated as well as your patients when I ask stupid questions, as I am still learning.
thingonaspring
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 15:28    Post subject: F5D8235-4 v2033 UK Reply with quote
Hi All,

Just tried this firmware :-
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/04-09-11-r16785/Belkin-F5D8235-4_v2/
on my F5D8235-4 v2033 UK. I was worried about the switch chip in the v2033 (SR/SB?) but risked it anyway.

Was on latest Belkin firmware 2.01.09. First flashed the original-to-dd-wrt.bin from within the Blekin web GUI, then Belkin-F5D8235-4v2-webflash.bin from DD-WRT GUI.

After reboot, all router functions work fine. Switch ports work, WAN works (after reboot of cable modem) and WLAN works fine too.

Some LEDs don't seem to work, but that's not really a problem, the main ones are all OK.

Did anyone ever figure out what the problem was with post-16785 firmwares?
systemfehler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I asked here and opened a ticket (http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2322)but so far there has been no answer. There is not much more we/I can do unless someone starts looking at the souce code directly. My programming skills are sadly not good enough. This is a free community project and maybe the development resources are needed more elsewhere than here.
LouisQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to overclock?
thingonaspring
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Overclocking doesn't work no, but the CPU runs at 384mhz already - quick enough for most things a router would do.

One big bad thing I've noticed since running this firmware - WLAN coverage is terrible, I mean really bad. It drops off to almost nothing by the time I've moved to the next room.
Plastic Wood
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 15:53    Post subject: Question about radio scheduling using cron jobs Reply with quote
Hi, I'm using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std (SVN revision 16785) firmware and I'm very happy with it.
There's only a little problem, I'm trying to setup radio scheduling using cron jobs and it didn't work. (The standard built-in radio scheduling is working.) I'm using this procedure -> http://markspizz.net/?p=389. Maybe I'm missing something, do I have to do anything more than just writing schedule in the text box, click save and reboot. Thanks for your help
gabe915
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:58    Post subject: Reflashing stock firmware? Reply with quote
Greetings. Can someone point me to where I can download the needed files to flash my Belkin F5D8235v2 back to the original firmware? I know there was a link posted here, but when I try to access it, I get a "you are not authorized to download this atatchment" message even though I am logged in. Thanks much.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: