DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
rdn98
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:19    Post subject: not taking modified stock firmware? Reply with quote
So I downloaded the modified firmware that is supposed to help you use the stock firmware. I use it, but it still keeps on showing dd-wrt? Any ideas?
Sponsor
lareeth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the same issue as many other members on this forum, none of the network ports on the router work. I have tried flashing the belkin firmware back and it still has the same issue.

I have a v2033uk which has the RTL8366RB switch. And in the past the router has worked fine, only within the past few months have the network ports stopped.

Another weird thing I have found is that the router acts like an unmanaged switch and the network ports actually work. However they don't communicate with dd-wrt at all. So at the moment its just a plain old gigabit switch.

Help!?
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:50    Post subject: fat32 USB does not mount Reply with quote
hi, tx for the great Software, I just upgraded my FCC ID K7SF5D8235-4B (v2032ed) without having problems to build 22118 to see if the switch is illuminated now.
Well, Ethernet works without status lights. Wireless does light a lamp called "router" if turned on which is fine as it looks like a wifi lamp. Wan lamp changes from amber to blue if connected.
If I connect a fat32 usb stick mount reports nothing. EXT4 usb stick mounts and the FTP works with it.

Last edited by lobotron on Thu Feb 27, 2014 17:07; edited 1 time in total
c1355054
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will there ever be support for the SR switch? I tried it on my v2110 and with dd-wrt, the signal is better, only problem is no WAN port, no internet.
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 19:34    Post subject: gpio Reply with quote
mikezs wrote:
I've been trying to use
Code:
gpio enable pin
to turn led's on, but every time I set it, the router led comes on blue for half a second and turns off again, no matter which GPIO I use.

That is worth a try, I thought as I was unsure if those lamps ever worked. I flashed it ages ago to dd-wrt and I forgot how it looked with the stock software. I usually don't see it anyway as it's behind me. The lamps on my router do not react on gpio enable, but funnily on gpio disable, for example:

Code:
/sbin/gpio disable 12
Security light is amber
then followed by
Code:
/sbin/gpio disable 13
Security light is blue or if you just issue the last command the light is dark blue. It stays like this.

mikezs wrote:
I'm not familiar with using the GPIO command, so I'm not sure if what I'm doing is right. Also, there's nothing that relates to the led's in /proc/, so I'm at a loss there too. Anyone have any pointers for me?

me neither, so I reseted the router accidentally by
Code:
/sbin/gpio disable 10
and realized, that the BS build I use does work unexpected after a restore via nvrambak.bin Embarassed, what happened is that the web-interface does not work proper, it seemed impossible to save new settings, so I started from scratch.

/edit: as stated on page 7
DanaG wrote:
GPIOs, note that 7 is USB power, and 10 is reset button. Don't touch either of those!
w/o reply?!

Therefore: Does anyone here know if playing around with gpio could damage a router?
scaran
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 23:44    Post subject: Belkin F5D8235-4 - broken Reply with quote
My Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)router was bricked after flashed on web gui - I stupid . Tried 30/30/30 but cannot reset, and failed to connect by wired cable by tftp connection as no IP address assign. Do someone know how to unbrick it. Thanks.
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 17:03    Post subject: Re: Belkin F5D8235-4 - broken Reply with quote
scaran wrote:
Do someone know how to unbrick it.

If you cannot connect wireless you have only few opportunities.

This sounds like you already found page 6/7 here. There are some problems with the tips there. First of all one cannot get the Belkin Firmware they talk about on page 7 to cut off the first Bytes as Belkin only provide the actual version. I don't know if it would work with that version and how, DOES ANYONE?

Putting a file via tftp to the router without a serial connection may anyway just steal your time. So you better open up the router and solder a serial connector on it. No JTAG header, at least I didn't find it. It's quite tricky to find the 2 screws to open the case, look at the pictures and tips to be found here:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=21998.
You perhaps will also need a TX8 screwdriver. Hope that helps.
grvtman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
just stumbled on dd-wrt and have this router(the v2010 one) i have checked the ftp and seen a version that is updated feb 2014. wondering if this is a stable version to begin with. or should i start with the first version posted on page 4 and go up from there. i do know this is an older forum and not sure if anyone follows it anymore but a little would be wonderful. thanks for the help
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
In general it is risky to flash some version nobody reported working with a specific model. There is nothing wrong with initial flashing an old build. Once succeeded updates become somehow easier.

Before flashing you should be sure to have it really reset to defaults. Take your time and also read the peacock thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486

I succeeded in flashing one but I also bricked one of those. Directly flashing 22118 from stock bricked it. 22118 is so far my favorite with it and for me almost no reason to test another. If you find a version working well it would be nice to know anyway.

edit:/ I didn't find the reason for the brick so far...
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 21:00    Post subject: unbricking the Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 Reply with quote
OK, I finally succeeded in debricking my F5D8235-4 which was a lengthy task.

After flashing directly from stock to 22118 the device showed 1 lamp and did nothing. So I had to solder to the serial console. First I tried to connect a self build ca42 cable which gave me a garbage console. Weeks later I found the time to solder this Serial to DB9F RS232 Cable and It gave me a working console and the device shows all it's blue led's (I really like blue LED's).
I found:

## Booting image at bf050000 ...
Bad Magic Number,42E147A2

-> No easy way out!
I wasted a lot time trying tftp flash, perhaps I did it wrong but I never got a ping back.

So I put the file test.bin with kermit to the router which is the webrevert file, cut the first 19 bytes off starting with 27 05 19 56 saved to test.bin (cooked out of Page 7 here)

I used minicom performing these instructions and hassled with hex as I had to find out what to erase and where to write(DO NOT COPY TO A DIFFERENT SET). Here is what I did shortened as I forgot to log the session so I copied the basics:

Please choose the operation:
1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.
3: Boot system code via Flash (default).
4: Entr boot command line interface.
9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.

You choosed 4

RT3052 #erase 0xBF050000 0xBF66FFFF

erase sector = 109
sect = 109,s_last = 109,erase poll = 930873
done
Erased 98 sectors

RT3052 #loadb
## Ready for binary (kermit) download to 0x80100000 at 57600 bps...
<INTERRUPT>
RT3052 # cp.b 0x80100000 0xBF050000 0x5BF000
Copy to Flash...
Copy 6025216 byte to Flash...
addr = 0xBF0A409C ,cnt=5680996
RT3052 # bootd

Interrupt Kermit ( CTRL+C ) after successful file transfer which took approximately 25 minutes. If it doesn't report a status it doesn't do!

The unit booted into the Belkin Webif, then flashed successful BS 22118 this time. Very Happy

minirc.dfl
Code:
# Machine-generated file - use "minicom -s" to change parameters.
pu port             /dev/ttyS0
pu baudrate         57600
pu bits             8
pu parity           N
pu stopbits         1
pu updir            /root
pu downdir          /root
pu rtscts           No

.kermrc
Code:

set carrier-watch off
set handshake none
set flow-control none
robust
set file type bin
set rec pack 1000
set send pack 1000
set window 5

Note: If the kernel panics it gives you flashing LED's
djtc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi so what do You propose, because I have also F5D8235-4

Hardware F5D8235-4 v2000
Firmware 2.01.07
Boot Loader version 2.02 - built Jun 12 2008
Time: 15:40:46
Wireless driver 2.0.0.0
Firewall 2.02
GUI 2.02

And I want to install brainslayer dd-wrt last is 02-19-2014-r23598

And which file you propose to use
original-to-dd-wrt.bin
or
Belkin-F5D8235-4v2-webflash.bin
and as I think original is installed from webgui from original FW by update function.

but what abuout webflash ??
And did I nned to reset all settings to default or maybe after flashing it doing anyway it self.
Or maybe 30/30/30 Hard reset ?

THX
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
djtc wrote:

but what abuout webflash ??
And did I nned to reset all settings to default or maybe after flashing it doing anyway it self.
THX

Most important: Be patient!

1. Do a reset to defaults in the Belkin Webif!
2. You take original-to-dd-wrt.bin to be first flashed from stock.
3. After giving it some time to reboot you renew your IP and will find the dd-wrt Webif on http://192.168.1.1 usually with default settings. You will have to set your root account and password and then configure dd-wrt to your needs.
4. I only do 30/30/30 Hard resets before and sometimes after changing a dd-wrt version, or if the Webif behaves too strange or my configuration is messed up.

Having dd-wrt installed you take the Belkin-F5D8235-4v2-webflash.bin to up - or downgrade.

Keep in mind that BS 23598 build is meant for testing purposes, it might work perfectly but must not.

Other people (me also) are interested in what you experience.
djtc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will try this today and give you an informations how it work but My main router is Asus RT-AC68U this one is working now as AP only but there is no problem to test it with WRT
If You want to test some special things give me a notice and I try it.

OK It's installed , but WAN port doesn't work I need to use PPPoE init and when I put all needed informations like pass and login it is still orange colour and also led with some comuter is orange not blue.

How to make WAN working ?

Last edited by djtc on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:19; edited 1 time in total
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I forgot one basic thing: if you look at the bottom of the unit you find down in the right corner the bar-codes and there a number like v2010ed. The higher the number the higher you likely run into trouble with the SR switch problem. I have a working v2032 as highest and so far never had one with the SR Switch.

I always want to know if wiviz works, even if it's no matter of live and death Wink, you find a wiviz button in the wireless status tab, give it at least a minute and you should see the neighbor networks.
djtc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I can find the Wifi from dd-wrt in neighbor. it standard call dd-wrt

But is it possible tu make the WAN working
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 26 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: