DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
djtc wrote:

OK It's installed , but WAN port doesn't work I need to use PPPoE init and when I put all needed in ?

Mine takes a minute to connect to dhcp but sorry, I cannot test or say anything to PPPoE, is lan working?
Sponsor
djtc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
lobotron wrote:
djtc wrote:

OK It's installed , but WAN port doesn't work I need to use PPPoE init and when I put all needed in ?

Mine takes a minute to connect to dhcp but sorry, I cannot test or say anything to PPPoE, is lan working?

YES STANDARD FUNCTIONS ARE OKI connection now without problem by lan just as I write before WAN is death yet.
Maybe there are some hide options which are block that port.

Repeater bridge mode working perfectly - for now
evilskillit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 19:19    Post subject: v2 Firmware Reply with quote
So even tho the link indicates that this firmware is for the v2 (v2000) model it currently has the same problem as when loading the v1 firm ware on a V2 model, in that the wired ports no longer work?

ftp://dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/02-04-2014-r23503/Belkin-F5D8235-4_v2/

Has anyone else tried that firmware on a v2 model yet? I've got one that I'd love to get WRT on but the wired ports have to work or it's useless. Smile

Edit: Dang I think mine is a v2100, I'll have to check when I get home, so that means it's got the different chip in it that still doesn't work for the ethernet ports gahhh.
djtc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:06    Post subject: Re: v2 Firmware Reply with quote
evilskillit wrote:
So even tho the link indicates that this firmware is for the v2 (v2000) model it currently has the same problem as when loading the v1 firm ware on a V2 model, in that the wired ports no longer work?

ftp://dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/02-04-2014-r23503/Belkin-F5D8235-4_v2/

Has anyone else tried that firmware on a v2 model yet? I've got one that I'd love to get WRT on but the wired ports have to work or it's useless. Smile

Edit: Dang I think mine is a v2100, I'll have to check when I get home, so that means it's got the different chip in it that still doesn't work for the ethernet ports gahhh.

The Lan ports are Ok but I have only problem with WAN port in my router because it don't want to connect by PPPoE protocol but @lobotron write that DHCP on WAN is working.
djtc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 19:50    Post subject: Re: v2 Firmware Reply with quote
Maybe someone know which fw is working with PPPoE because it is needed for me, I have to send my Asus RT-AC68U to service and this one have to be main.
How to do it ?
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 23:52    Post subject: r23720 Reply with quote
New Build 23720 flashed ok, don't know if it helps 2 PPPoE.
//edit: 4 lines less
MSUStevo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently switched my old Linksys routers over to DD-WRT and thought I'd see if it could breath some new life into my old Belkin F5D8235-4 v2010. This router always worked fine with my Windows machines, but wouldn't play nice with my housemate's Mac Pro. I switched over to a Netgear WNDR3800, and set the Belkin aside for a future day

Now I'm planning to use the Belkin, and my old Linksys WRT300N, to setup a WiFi network/shared drive at my model train club. The Linksys conversion went like clockwork, but the Belkin hasn't gone as smoothly

I flashed Build 23720 with the following results
- Internet OK, as my provider uses DHCP
- LAN ports OK
- Front lights a mess, but I knew that would happen
- Couldn't get my USB flash drive to work with Win7

The drive would show as mounted on the USB screen, and appeared as a network device in Win7, but would crash the router if the total file size climbed above 10MB or so. After hours of Googling and fiddling, it appears that the files are winding up in the router's memory vs. on the USB flash drive

I'm not a Linux expert, and finally went back to the factory FW. So far the factory Belkin and DD-WRT Linksys combo is doing everything it needs to do, but I'd sure love to use DD-WRT on both units

Any hints on what I might have done wrong on the USB front, or is the USB support just plain broken at this point?
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
first of all Build 23720 does not look like the best working version around for the F5D8235-4.

Even as the GUI appears fine the router hicks every 10 seconds: ra0: Operation not supported. I don't know how serious this is but it was not always like this.

As you found samba not working and ran an actual version of dd-wrt you may take a look or report it here: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/report after you took a look to the general samba hints regarding dd-wrt: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Samba or around here - will take you just a couple of weeks Wink

You may also try 22118 or something earlier which was ok for me quite a long time but I didn't use samba at all.
kuroikohii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 14:52    Post subject: 04-18-2014-r23919 Reply with quote
Hello,
So I tried 04-18-2014-r23919 firmware. It loads fine. Smile I did run into issues using this in repeater and repeater bridge mode. At first I thought maybe it wasn't getting a good signal so tired it in the room with my main router and it still wasn't able to connect and get an IP. Then I tried it in client mode. Sometimes this worked fine and was able to get an IP. But, as soon as I flip it back to repeater mode. It lost the IP address. Also I tried gateway/router mode and tried it to the same subnet and not. But, ether way I couldn't get it work. If anyone has any other suggestions I'll try it but it seems its a bug that hasn't been fixed?
Pope89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 14:48    Post subject: Belkin f5d8325-4 V2000 Reply with quote
Hello
As mentioned in the Subject i have a belkin f5d8325-4 v2034nv and i wanted to try the Brainslayer firmware.
I used an actual image (18-04-2014) and tried to get the router updated fia the web interface. But unluckily i cannot get it to work. he loads a few minutes restarts and nothing has changed ( he still loads the orignial FW). what am i doing wrong? did anyone have this problem before?

i read threw alot of threads and anyone stated that the v2034nv should be flashed fia the webinterface. However i also tried the tftp method but i think its not possible without a serial connection (which i dont have unfortunatly)

If someone has suggestions how i can get the dd-wrt onto my router i would be rly happy about it.

SPECS: FW 2.09 (newest belkin OEM FW)
Hardware: f5d8235-4b v2034nv
directly connected / also tried via switch(tftp)

greetz Pope

EDIT: unfortunatly its not a v2000 but a v2034nv
if s1 can help me i would really appreciate it

EDIT#2: i manages to install it on my own... i downgraded the Firmware to the atteched File and was then able to install dd-wrt Firmware.
kuroikohii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 14:17    Post subject: Re: 04-18-2014-r23919 Reply with quote
kuroikohii wrote:
Hello,
So I tried 04-18-2014-r23919 firmware. It loads fine. Smile I did run into issues using this in repeater and repeater bridge mode. At first I thought maybe it wasn't getting a good signal so tired it in the room with my main router and it still wasn't able to connect and get an IP. Then I tried it in client mode. Sometimes this worked fine and was able to get an IP. But, as soon as I flip it back to repeater mode. It lost the IP address. Also I tried gateway/router mode and tried it to the same subnet and not. But, ether way I couldn't get it work. If anyone has any other suggestions I'll try it but it seems its a bug that hasn't been fixed?

I've been successfully able to use the repeater bridge function! My second floor of my condo wasn't getting enough signal from my primary router. I updated the firmware to brainslayer 06-23-2014-r24461. One thing I'd suggest if anyone is having trouble is to delay applying changes and rebooting till all of the configuration is done. I first tried rebooting the router with half the instructions done which blocked me from connecting to it. But, then I tried doing all of the configurations and restarting. It worked perfectly! I haven't tried the ports since I didn't need it. So I'm not sure if that is working.
konf2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 21:21    Post subject: USB 3G modem Reply with quote
Hi

I tried to setup supported HUAWEI 3g modem but unsuccessfully - corresponding ttyUSBX devices cannot create.

Is it possible to work USB 3g modem with this router?
taradan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 23:55    Post subject: broken u-boot? Reply with quote
Hi!

I've got F5D8235-4 v2 with RTL8366RB. I've changed firmware to dd-wrt 22118 and it worked fine. So i've set it to test. That was two days ago. Today router was silent- one blue led(wireless) lit, but no wifi network. 30/30/30 reset didn't help. I've tried to tftp original software(Lom's method from page 7 of this thread, but nothing happened- tftpd32 showed no activity(like downloading the file)
Next I've soldered the serial header and got this:

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Nov 7 2008 - 00:24:27)

Board: Ralink APSoC DRAM: 32 MB
relocate_code Pointer at: 81fa0000

Router doesn't boot and the RT3052F gets really hot. I don't know how hot it gets normally, but now I can barely hold finger on it for couple seconds.

Is it possible, that soc got damaged from overheating from working with too high frequency? I didn't change it- it was on default setting.

I don't think that flash got screwed up because of bad tftp or broken image- the tftpd32 showed no activity, so probably router didn't start the download in the first place.

Any thoughts?

Greetings!
matthewKER
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:27    Post subject: Re: broken u-boot? Reply with quote
Hi,

I think your router is simply dead. I have used my router with DD-WRT since 2012 (from version 16000 to version 26000). Sometimes I used my router on very high load (100% for long minutes) and it has never overheated (few times it restarted itself on high load after 15-20 minutes, but after that I can use it again).

matthewKER

taradan wrote:
Hi!

I've got F5D8235-4 v2 with RTL8366RB. I've changed firmware to dd-wrt 22118 and it worked fine. So i've set it to test. That was two days ago. Today router was silent- one blue led(wireless) lit, but no wifi network. 30/30/30 reset didn't help. I've tried to tftp original software(Lom's method from page 7 of this thread, but nothing happened- tftpd32 showed no activity(like downloading the file)
Next I've soldered the serial header and got this:

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Nov 7 2008 - 00:24:27)

Board: Ralink APSoC DRAM: 32 MB
relocate_code Pointer at: 81fa0000

Router doesn't boot and the RT3052F gets really hot. I don't know how hot it gets normally, but now I can barely hold finger on it for couple seconds.

Is it possible, that soc got damaged from overheating from working with too high frequency? I didn't change it- it was on default setting.

I don't think that flash got screwed up because of bad tftp or broken image- the tftpd32 showed no activity, so probably router didn't start the download in the first place.

Any thoughts?

Greetings!
taradan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even if it's dead i'm wondering why.
I don't know if it has overheated- i supposed that, because now soc gets so hot, even though it doesn't boot.
This strange behavior has something to do with me messing with firmware. I don't think that it is just coincidence that router stopped working couple of hours after i put ddwrt on it. As i wrote earlier it has been working for at least few hours with new software and i found it silent next day.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 27 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: