DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
taradan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 19:17    Post subject: bumping: broken u-boot? Reply with quote
Anyone has any advice or do i have to replace the soc?
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doubt that you can replace the SOC since it is a BGA device. You can't repair it with a normal soldering iron. The fact that the SOC chip is hot to touch means there could be hardware failure as you said but the problem could be related to the power supply, I mean the various DC-DC converters that convert the 12V to the various voltages for the circuit. That is the area you should check as well. You can also try to cool down the SOC by said a fan and monitor the serial output and see if it can pass the U-boot.
lobotron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 18:27    Post subject: is PPPoE still not working with SVN revision: r27147? Reply with quote
After more than a year I discovered I still have my former favorite router and flashed the SVN revision: r27147, which looks really promising for more than an hour now. Everything I tried seems to work fine and far better than before.

As I don't know anyone around using PPPoE I can't test. Does anyone know if it is also working now? Perhaps http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3289 should be closed?

//edit: might be preferable to test r27240
RobbDicks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:06    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+) Reply with quote
ExodusC wrote:
Hi guys, first post here, and I hope it's in the right section.

I recently purchased a Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 as an upgrade from my WRT54GS running DD-WRT. I mainly needed a new router that supported Gigabit LAN (Wireless N was a plus).

I've looked all over to see if it is a candidate for future DD-WRT support, but I've found nothing other than a few posts in another thread saying it has the same hardware as another router that may be supported.

Does anyone know about this? It's not listed at all in the device database. I'd just like to know if I'll have future support for this device (I really hope so).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Can you please tell me the full specifications of the Belkin and the WRT54GS? I am also looking for an router for the support of the Gigabyte speed.
If you find the right one, then please suggest me which can also meet the European standards.
Also give its full description.

pcb prototype

Last edited by RobbDicks on Tue Oct 13, 2015 16:11; edited 1 time in total
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:16    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+) Reply with quote
RobbDicks wrote:
ExodusC wrote:
Hi guys, first post here, and I hope it's in the right section.

I recently purchased a Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 as an upgrade from my WRT54GS running DD-WRT. I mainly needed a new router that supported Gigabit LAN (Wireless N was a plus).

I've looked all over to see if it is a candidate for future DD-WRT support, but I've found nothing other than a few posts in another thread saying it has the same hardware as another router that may be supported.

Does anyone know about this? It's not listed at all in the device database. I'd just like to know if I'll have future support for this device (I really hope so).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Can you please tell me the full specifications of the Belkin and the WRT54GS? I am also looking for an router for the support of the Gigabyte speed.
If you find the right one, then please suggest me which can also meet the European standards.
Also give its full description.

It is not advisable to quote a 6 years old post as the poster may not be an active member anymore. Going back to your question. You can easily find the full specifications of the routers by googling the Internet. As for router with Gigabyte speed support, I don't think such thing exist, at least not for commercial routers. I suppose you mean Gigabit speed. Moreover, do you mean Gigabit speed for Internet, Ethernet or wifi or all of them? If you have a fiber optics link with Gb/s for the Internet from your service provider, you probably need a high end AC router with AC1750 or higher speed. The Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (already obsoleted model) and WRT54GS are not suitable for you. Btw, there is a thread on the best router, take a look or post on that thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=87868&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PS, if you need Gigabit Internet speed throughput, you should forget about using 3rd party firmware for your router and better keep the stock firmware from the router supplier. One drawback of the 3rd party firmware no matter it is dd-wrt, openwrt or Tomato, they all use software NAT instead of hardware NAT which limited the Internet speed throughput significantly.
tuspam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any solution with not working LAN-s/WAN ? My stop working after one month.

Moderator note 07.31.21: This thread is locked. This thread was never intended to be a one-stop helpdesk. Please open a new thread and reference any post or all of this thread for help. Thank you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 Display posts from previous:    Page 28 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: