WRT54GL Can't change settings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
M0rph3us
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:29    Post subject: WRT54GL Can't change settings? Reply with quote
So I installed the micro version on my WRT4GL and did the hard reset afterward and now I can log into my router and everything but when I attempt to change settings it just sits at a white screen and never actually updates. I can click through the menus as much as I want but as soon as I attempt to change something it freezes up I guess? Do I need to reset it back to the linksys firmware or is there something I am doing wrong??

Thanks,
M0rph3us
Sponsor
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
30/30/30 hard reset before and after each upgrade.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

Recommend you update to DD-WRT (standard)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn11793/dd-wrt.v24-11793_NEWD_std.bin

30/30/30 hard reset before and after each upgrade.
Don't use any backup configuration files on this newer build enter your settings manually.

If you can't update using the GUI of DD-WRT then tftp the firmware.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is likely a browser issue. Clear your cache, or try a different browser and you will likely find that it worked.

All this is explained in the peacock thread announcement

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
StevenJJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're running Macintosh, use Camino for your web browser. I haven't found one that works better with Linksys or DD-WRT firmware, but I stopped looking as there hasn't been any need to find better.

HTH
Steve
StevenJJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of course just as I say this I found that a particular build in a Buff whr-hp-g54 wouldn't accept entries while using Camino. I also couldn't use the GUI to flash a different build. Firefox worked for entry, but not flashing so resorted to MacTFTP.

Lesson learned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: