Activated Engenius Question...

risc_taker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 20:19    Post subject: Activated Engenius Question... Reply with quote
Recently purchased a couple of Engenius ECB3500's, with DD-WRT, activated.

I was wondering if I can upgrade the DD-WRT version on these, and if I do, will they still be activated. I could not find a "key" anywhere on the router, box, CD, or anywhere else.

I'm asking because I want to implement nocat splash, but the file system is read only and will not allow me to change the splash.html page at all.

I had to do some voodoo to enable jffs as well, and I'm wondering if I can load a DD-WRT that will allow me to take care of the issues I'm having.

Much appreciation,

RT
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Re: Activated Engenius Question... Reply with quote
risc_taker wrote:
Recently purchased a couple of Engenius ECB3500's, with DD-WRT, activated.

I was wondering if I can upgrade the DD-WRT version on these, and if I do, will they still be activated.

yes
Quote:
I could not find a "key" anywhere on the router, box, CD, or anywhere else.

I'm asking because I want to implement nocat splash, but the file system is read only and will not allow me to change the splash.html page at all.

we're RO and if the devices doesnt support jffs u will have to use an external source
Quote:

I had to do some voodoo to enable jffs as well, and I'm wondering if I can load a DD-WRT that will allow me to take care of the issues I'm having.

u will have to disable jffs before upgrade. else a different firmware size of the upgrade file might brick the router. after the upgrade u can aktivate it again

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: