Big Problems! DD-WRT..

wal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Big Problems! DD-WRT.. Reply with quote
I have just bought! Your 'Open Source' DD-WRT for my EOC-2610, (not a commercial device. By any stretch of imagination!) I can't decide what I have paid for here?

At least three of the main features do not work?
Including Antenna diversity..

I contacted Support 2 days ago and have yet to receive a response!

There are many of the advertised features of the firmware that simply do not work!
These can be easily be installed manually, via Console and Open WRT! Should one be familiar with Linux..

It appears that the DD-WRT Web GUI (the main selling point for the product!) Is not fully tailored to each router/ Access point. As one your web site implies.

A good example of this, is the fact that the free firmware for the Fonera. Is more compatible with my EOC-2610 than the specific, and paid for! build for this device!

I suspect that you DD-WRT, need to pay more attention to your individual device builds.. Or stop breaking GNU ethics by charging money for these poor releases, and just take donations like the rest of us!
The least you could do is provide good support for your paying (or not (GNU)) customers..

The scary thing here is, that after 3 years, you can't even sort out NoCatSplash to work with your GUI! And yet it is still on your feature list!!

One could easily get the impression that you really haven't got a clue what you are doing..

I can't believe that nobody has challenged you about your business practices yet!

If I am not banned for expressing my opinion on here..
Answer my Emails! And give a paynig customer some support!
Wal,
Linux Professional...
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is no antenna diversity option for the EOC2610 since it makes no sense. the internal antenna path is connected in way that it would make no sense to allow to configure diversity, rx or tx. etc. it would just decrease the signal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
DDWRT works well and I like the GUI but I too am still waiting for the issues with NoCatSplash to be sorted.... it just doesnt work right out of the box using the web based configuration page. The process never runs it would appear :<
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
if the process never run, your configuration is simply not correct. other people running nocatsplash without issues. but its hard to say something here without having at least a screenshot of your configuration page for nocatsplash

Navigation

Jump to: