SD card help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rtpmatt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:13    Post subject: SD card help Reply with quote
Hi,
I am trying to get an SD card working on my wrt54g v2.
I'm running DD-WRT v23 sp2, and i have enabled the SD card support on the admin screen.
I am wondering what else exactly i need to do to get it running.
What commands do i need to type (say to possibly mount it,) and then how do i check that it is in fact running.
I have been searching online for quite some time, and I can't seem to find any current (as in when using the firmware that already supports SD cards) information.

thank you very much.

-matt

PS: is there any consensus on the possible backwardsness of the wiring in this picture?
http://kiel.kool.dk/pics/solderpoint_1_annotated.jpg
If not ill just play around with it till i get it.
Sponsor
stephen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
IIRC there are other (better?) pictures available. Look in the Wiki, and also OpenWRT's Wiki.
Next, use the gpio utility to check your wiring (you cannot check the input signal. obviously, but you may switch on/off the other three periodically and watch the voltages).
Unfortunately, the mmc module doesn't write any log messages anymore.
I'm not sure whether an unformatted card would work (couldn't get mke2fs to run on my card that otherwise works perfectly)
If your wiring is correct, and you may make an ext2 fs on the card externally, you should see /mmc mounted after bootup.
.D0T
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
If nothing has changed since the version I used you don't need to do anything else then enabling the card in the webinterface. If the SD-Card interface ist working the router will do a automatic format with ext2fs during the next powerup. If this is successfull the card will be mounted to "/mmc/" ,if you can see a "lost+found" folder in it it should be ok. Furthermore you can run "df -h" to check if it is really mounted and to see how much space is left on the media. The router will try to automount the card with every powercycle, changing the card while the router is running is a bit tricky...

If it's true what stephen is saying detecting errors will be a bit tricky. Before you could just run "dmesg" in a shell and you would have some output about the mmc/sd card initialization.

My dd-wrt did run some time with a 512MB Hama card, now I am using a No-Name 1GB card which seems to work flawless (even though the version of dd-wrt v24 I have currently installed doesn't seem to support mmc at all^^)!
MfG
.D0T
ludo37
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 13:20    Post subject: Re: SD card help Reply with quote
rtpmatt wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to get an SD card working on my wrt54g v2.
I'm running DD-WRT v23 sp2, and i have enabled the SD card support on the admin screen.
I am wondering what else exactly i need to do to get it running.
What commands do i need to type (say to possibly mount it,) and then how do i check that it is in fact running.
I have been searching online for quite some time, and I can't seem to find any current (as in when using the firmware that already supports SD cards) information.

thank you very much.

-matt

PS: is there any consensus on the possible backwardsness of the wiring in this picture?
http://kiel.kool.dk/pics/solderpoint_1_annotated.jpg
If not ill just play around with it till i get it.

hi !
on my wrt54g V2, I had to reverse the CLK and the DO compared to the photo of the site

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a WRT54G v2 router. Can I use a 32mb MMC card?

Regards
ludo37
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
JaCk0sp wrote:

Regards

si puedes , utilizo una tarjeta de 256 Mo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
JaCk0sp wrote:

Regards

Why so small ??

rtpmatt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, i finally found my multimeter (after trying to read the GPIO lines with my oscope and finding out that my 60MHZ scope was actually too fast for once!!!)

Im just wondering if any body knows exactly what GPIO lines go to what. I am assuming this diagram of the SD card here is correct:
http://kiel.kool.dk/

I just want to make sure I solder it correct next (i accidentally soldered GPIOs 4 and 5 together today, so i need to get a desolderer tomorrow) but it seems:
CS = GPIO 7 = DMZ LED
DI = GPIO 5
CLK = GPIO 3
DO = GPIO 5

the clock and and DO lines in particular interest me
V+ and GRND should be easy enough

Also, has any body else used the 5.25 floppy connector? thats what I am trying to use, just want to make sure it really does work.

thanks again

-matt
lalalandrus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
16 - 32 mb cards are free with digital cams...
SanityChek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone have any knowledge/pointers on where to solder GPIO lines on a WRT54GS v1.1?

Fancy playing around, but everything is v2.0 and up.
sccurtido2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have a wrt54gl and i want to put him a 256mb sd card and install a ftp server in the router...
is that possible?
my knowledge about that is none... if someone can send me the links to photos and schematics to my router, i will be very happy!
thank you!

Greeatings from Portugal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: