help needed. flashing dwrt54gs v7 - unsuccessful

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gaganwalia
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 18:08    Post subject: help needed. flashing dwrt54gs v7 - unsuccessful Reply with quote
i have a wrt54gs v7 router. last year i managed to flash it with DD-WRT v24 RC-5 (11/22/07) micro - build 8420. this one is working fine, but now i want to upgrade it to dd-wrt.v24-12360_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin. everytime i try to flash the router, it says upgrade successful, but then the status page still shows the old version. what is going wrong here. please help.
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you hard reset before flashing, did you clear your browser cache/cookies afterwards...before checking.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, i did the 30-30-30 before and after. i cleared the cache also. then i tried again, still no luck
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will micro plus go on that router?
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
gaganwalia
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
i guess it should, its only 1.8MB and the flash on this router is 2MB. i will try the normal micro now
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Will micro plus go on that router?

Don't think so..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
No compressor for the CFE means that the CFE is using 256k. You can't do micro plus on that router...micro only. That's why you can't flash it.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
gaganwalia
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep guys, you are right. micro plus does not work, but micro does. thanks for the help. i am up and running now. thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: