Connecting router to both WAN router and another LAN router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cecolon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 17:56    Post subject: Connecting router to both WAN router and another LAN router Reply with quote
I have somewhat complicated setup:

- ADSL modem: 10.0.0.1
- WRT54GL with dd-wrt (lets call this G-router): 192.168.1.1
- Asus RT-N16 with dd-wrt (N-router): 192.168.2.1

Currently, both the N and G router is connected to internet via the ADSL modem. Right now, they have local IPs (10.x), but I will use PPPoE later so both get public IPs. This setups seems to be working just fine.

However, clients on one router (G) can't se clients on the other router (N). I want a direct connection between these, so I have connected a cable between the LAN ports of these routers.

I have done some googling, reading and experimenting on VLANs, and came to the point where I can reach the G-network from the N-router (that is, the dd-wrt command line). The clients on the N-router can't ping clients on the G-router, though.

I suspect the solution lies in setting up routing tables or forwards using iptables, but this is where I am lost. Please give me any hints or help Smile

Current modifications on G-router:

Code:

vlan1ports=3 2 1 8*
vlan3hwname=et0
vlan3ports=4 8

ifconfig vlan3 192.168.1.2

which allows me to ping the 192.168.1.* network.
Sponsor
cecolon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
The RT-N16 runs dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big, and the WRT54GL runs v24-sp2 (10/10/09, build 13064).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: