Sitecom WL-342 (rebadged Senao ESR-9752-SC) Support?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
jons
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know if this would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Serial-Converter-USB-2-0-TTL-UART-6PIN-Module-CP2102-/160587864333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2563c8590d

I believe it's fine. Just have to connect the RX, TX and GND pins from the adapter to the console. Right?
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
jons wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Serial-Converter-USB-2-0-TTL-UART-6PIN-Module-CP2102-/160587864333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2563c8590d

I believe it's fine. Just have to connect the RX, TX and GND pins from the adapter to the console. Right?

It will work but the adapter also needs either 3.3V or 5V supply voltage from the router so you need 4 wires all in all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
jons wrote:

It will work but the adapter also needs either 3.3V or 5V supply voltage from the router so you need 4 wires all in all.

Thanks LOM

I don't want to take this thread off topic, but I believe you mean that I need to power up the max232 chip using the routers power. I will check this when the module arrives, but shouldn't it get powered up already using the usb power?

Easy to check to see if the power goes in or out of the module but since I do not have it yet, I'm just curious.

Here's another module they sell on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-TTL-Converter-Module-buildin-in-CP2102-s-/390323664808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae11a77a8

It says:
Quote:

Dual 3.3V and 5V Power output, work with 3.3v and 5v target device.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is more likely that 5V and 3.3V are inputs for the TTL section of the USB<->TTL IC so that the TTL drivers has the same voltage as the device it is connected to.
I see no reason for feeding a device from the converter.

The USB section of the converter usually gets its power from the USB interface and if it doesn't then the device wont be recognized by your computer when you plug it in.

A simple way to see if the TTL section is individually powered is to jumper the rx and tx pins and type something on the keyboard when a terminal session is opened.
If the keystrokes echoes back then the TTL section is powered from USB, if not then you have to power it from the router.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can confirm that the USB TTL only needs the 3 wires TX, RX and GND. Win7 x64 even auto-downloaded the drivers for it.

Just flashed a WL-342 v2 002 without any issues, just finishing configuring it now - thanks to this thread Smile

Only issue is WiFi signal has dropped quite a bit....back to fiddling I guess!
Bryan5989
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:50    Post subject: ESR-9753 GPL Reply with quote
The ESR-9753 just hit EOL. EnGenius was kind enough to release the source.

http://engeniustech.com/resources/ESR9753_GPL_RELEASE.zip 144MB

Will this make it easier to build a flashable version without taking the unit apart?
Jeroen80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 21:41    Post subject: Web version Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm new to dd-wrt and i like to get dd-wrt on my sitecom WL-341 without opening the router. Is there a web version to flash the router? I got a WL-341 V2 003 and i believe i need a dlf file for uploading.

Thanks in advanced.
Regards, Jeroen
dantok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I`ve successfully installed DDWRT on my ESR-9753.

I`m writing this cause i`m well aware that there isn't much support for these via Serial Flashing on the forum. So i thought this might help someone after alot of figuring out. Wink

I used PUTTY,Solarwinds TFTP Server, and a USB-TTL adaptor.

From what i`ve tried. I doesn't matter what cable you`re using as long as the USB-TTL has it's own power. Usually this gets it's power from the USB Plug.

On the Router. There are 6 pins. (or pads usually).

The Last 4 points are what you want to look at.

Pins 3 and 4 and 5 are what you will need.

Pin 3 is the RX and Pin 4 is the TX, Pin 5 is GND

YOU DO NOT NEED TO CONNECT THE PWR (Tested the router gives out 3.3V)

So grab your USB to TTL (I used a local guy's USB TO TTL that was using a MCP2200 solution) (worked like a charm)

CONNECT THE USB TO TTL TX PIN to PIN 3(RX) of the router
CONNECT THE USB TO TTL RX PIN to PIN 4(TX) of the Router
CONNECT THE USB TO TTL GND PIN to PIN 5(GND) of the Router

TX = Transmit and RX = Receive.
So you want the router to send the data and the adaptor to receive.

DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS DIRECTLY TO THE SERIAL PORT ON YOUR PC. Also, if you`re buying a USB to serial. make sure it's a TTL serial port. and not the normal RS232 port. (that will not work)

Once you`ve soldered up the wires. Open putty. set the com port to whatever your windows configured the virtual port. Mine was COM 11.
Set the speed to 57600 (Most USB to TTL Serial should work)

the reset default and the flow control to NONE

Then click open. Once you`ve clicked open. Plug in the power on to the router.
You will see alot of messages. and constantly press 2. If you missed the part to flash the system and update. Reboot and try again. (you don't need to close putty) just plug the power on the router on and off. and try again. You have less than a second to press "2".

Set the router IP to 192.168.99.9
Set your PC IP to STATIC 192.168.99.8 (If you do not know this. You shouldn't be flashing your router)

The router will then ask you for the firmware name. It should be firmware.bin (Downloaded from DDWRT site)(i used the ESR-9752 firmware and it works great)

Open up solarwinds TFTP server. COnfigure and set the root directory to C:\ and make sure firmware.bin is in the root of your C:\

Once you`ve opened that up. Press enter in putty after you have typed the firmware.bin name. And you`re good to go, it will take a couple of mins to flash.

TADA! You`ve successfully flashed DD-WRT. I hope this has helped someone flashed their router today to their AWESOME Firwmare. Smile

CHEERS! Very Happy
red8316
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:32    Post subject: Pic from my ESR-9753 Flash Reply with quote
Followed the detailed forum post here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54802&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Used this to flash:
232-TTL RS232 Serial Port To TTL Converter Module Adapter SP3232 + Dupont Cable
$5 on Ebay

TimelessNLD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here for some people that want the stock Sitecom firmware instead of the EnGenius.

This is a example for the WL-351:

The DLF files start with a 16byte header. See : Link

To let the ENGenius uImage accept the sitecom firmware. you'll need to change the Header information.

The normal ENgenius header does have the following numbers on location "0x00000006 and 0x00000007" number "01", and the Sitecom "02". To let the WEBFlash accept the sitecom firmware. change these values to "01" (ENGenius code)

Then use the ENGenius uImage to flash the modified sitecom firmware.

Voila you've successfully restored the firmware.

The 3 files for successful flasing are attached. to make it easyer. Wink

PS. you'll need to flash the KNL first and then the APPS. mentioned that the sitecom layout will be visible after flashing the APPS. before that the ENGenius layout is visible.

- ENGenius Recover Method: Link
asman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 19:57    Post subject: encore enhwi-2an3 Reply with quote
encore enhwi-2an3

key 1 not working
option 2 not appear

how do I resolve??????????????????
asman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
solved. rx pin was not properly connected.
MartijnTIny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to necro this old thread. But im trying to update the firmware on my sitecom router to dd-wrt, and have done everything as described in the verry good post a few pages back, i can get putty to show text for me, but when i try to push button 2 to get to the part where i can flash my router this happens:
Code:
Booting...
=======RTL-boot(RTL8196C) Ver:1.0.3.151 2010/12/08=======
Please choose the operation:
   1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
New Header
User Press [2]

---Escape booting by user
Set 8196C PHY Patch OK

---Ethernet init Okay!
<Senao Networks>

also, option 2 doesnt even appear to me on any restart.
I hope anyone here can help me.

Greetings,
MartijnTiny
evgeny1978
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 0:39    Post subject: New 21061 build not working Reply with quote
New 21061 build not working! To be more precise it is working right after reflashing. It stops working after first reboot, serial console shows that everything boots as usual (as I can see), but there is no network, PC can not acquire network address.
Max Hopper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:39    Post subject: Not all WL-342s are equal Reply with quote
I 'inherited' a WL-342 V1 002.

NOTHING inside except the RT3052 matches what has been posted previously. Added to that, the device has internal antennas - 3X of them.

After sorting out the UART pins, the console revealed an Arcadyan OEM'ed WG7005-22 with 2X16MB storage.

N.B. Belkin also marketed this box as F5D8236-4_v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: