Setup external antenna on WRT54GL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
frogman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 17:37    Post subject: Setup external antenna on WRT54GL. Reply with quote
I have flashed the latest v24 vpn, and I was wondering can I use an external antenna on one connector for clients that are not in local range, and the other fabrical antenna for the clients near by. I have found the advanced options for TX and RX antena. Is there a way for this combo?

Thank in advance .
Sponsor
Dan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
No reliable way to use both.
Use one higher gain antenna and try and encourage all locally connected clients to use high profile external USB wifi devices.

Alternative is to use two routers (different frequency). One for local clients oned one for distant clients with a high gain antenna.

However, if your distant clients are all over the place and their WiFi devices are unable to "see" each other then they can run into problems if they try to access at the same time. If they are close together then the system will work better if they access at the same time.

For further info search for:- "Hidden Node problem"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: