inadyn @ ovh wont work anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:02    Post subject: inadyn @ ovh wont work anymore Reply with quote
hey guys. i have got some trouble with inadyn and ovh ddns. before i´ve bricked my wrt54gl it worked fine. i bricked my wrt with a wrong CFE ( want to overclock to 275 mhz ) no i own a jtag cable, i restored the CFE and everything fine. routers now at 275 mhz :-D

the prob:
the inadyn service wont work anymore. im using it with the ovh dyndns service.

so i have to choice specific in ddns menu.
username ble ble, everything fine

Code:

Wed Nov 18 03:53:15 2009: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - dynamic DNS updater.
Wed Nov 18 03:53:15 2009: W: DYNDNS: My IP address: 79.228.xxx.xxx
Wed Nov 18 03:53:15 2009: I:INADYN: IP address for alias 'very.private.com' needs update to '79.228.xxx.xxx'
Wed Nov 18 03:56:24 2009: W:'RC_IP_CONNECT_FAILED' (0x13) updating the IPs. (it 0)

Thats it !
i read many bout ntp and so on. but ntp is running good, date seems correct.

i tried alternate ip checker with
--ip_server_name checkip.two-dns.de /
for the moment my inadyn conf looks like
Code:

--dyndns_system custom@http_svr_basic_auth -u 'username' -p 'password' -a very.private.com --update_period_sec 600 --forced_update_period 76400  --cache_dir /tmp/ddns  --dyndns_server_name 87.98.247.34 --dyndns_server_url /nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname= --ip_server_name checkip.two-dns.de / --verbose 5

any suggestions? i tried everything, put my hostname into the URL Field, changing firmware ( running Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) std-nokaid ) and so on. maybe some option outside the ddns menu ?
and why do i need in cfg

--exec ddns_success ?

in my debian machine on inadyn this causes an error.
pls some help :-)

p.s. inadyn still works fine with dyndns account. but i want to use my personal ovh dyndns again. thats much cooler. i´ve no idea.

edit: Greetings !
i found out, that my linux machine behind the router has no problems with the same parameters with inadyn. everything works fine here @ debian.
ok i could run inadyn there, but it WORKED on the router. how could that be ? I prefer the router because it updates with IP change . . .
Sponsor
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey guys. simple update: i copied the indadyn binary to my fritzbox router. its connected behind the WRT54.

and what can i tell you: its workin like on my debian machine. so why not on the WRT? maybe its the modified CFE?

greets.
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
You may not have been following all of the threads relating to dydns, so I will tell you this much, that is not a DD-WRT problem. It is a dydns server issue. On occasion, one of the dydns 'check ip' servers gets overloaded (or is not configured correctly). The result is that you see an error.

The good news is you really should not have to worry about that issue in that your router will "eventually" connect to a 'check ip' server that will work correctly. If you are still worried about this problem though, you should upgrade your firmware to a more recent version that has the option to use your WAN IP address as the address to be updated. (This assumes that you actually have an IP address on your WAN that is reachable from the internet.)

I hope this information helps you.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for your answer.
actually, im using the newset FW release /10/10/09 v24-SP2 and i tried fidderent ip checker urls
with --ip-server_name.

as i told in my previous posts, inadyn has no problems on my debian machine or the avm router, which have no WAN ips ( they´re only connected to the internet through the Linksys )

i cannot see any option on the WebIF, to tell inadyn to obtain WAN ip directly from ppp0 IF
nvram show | grep ddns tells me:

ddns_wan_ip=1

i guess that means, that inadyn should get my WAN ip from WAN ( or Vlan1 ?) IF

in some cases i saw in forums some posts like
Quote:

INADYN: IP read from cache file is xx.xx.xx.xx

but in my logs, i never saw this after i un-bricked my router
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: