[Split] QoS problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
aafg69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
old post. but I am having similar issues.

I have vuze dowloading at 110kB/S, but when I set up QoS it drops to 20kB/S and the whole thing slows downs (firefox, chrome, IE) and the GUI of the router takes forever (~2minutes) to load.

I disabled it, rebooted, got back to 20k

I want to use QoS, cause I share my conex wit my sister and she likes to use Ares, so when both are online the router gets (i guess) overloaded and webpages (and youtube) videos, takes forever to load. Also I occasionally use Skype, and while I usually stop Vuze, i do not like to bother my sister to tell her to shut down ares for a while

I tried reducing the simultaneous connections from 4096 to 1024 and even tried disabling the gui (killing httpd from the ssh interface)

Yet, I still found myself better without QoS Sad any news about this problem?
Sponsor
Blazian
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
aafg69 wrote:
old post. but I am having similar issues.

I have vuze dowloading at 110kB/S, but when I set up QoS it drops to 20kB/S and the whole thing slows downs (firefox, chrome, IE) and the GUI of the router takes forever (~2minutes) to load.

I disabled it, rebooted, got back to 20k

I want to use QoS, cause I share my conex wit my sister and she likes to use Ares, so when both are online the router gets (i guess) overloaded and webpages (and youtube) videos, takes forever to load. Also I occasionally use Skype, and while I usually stop Vuze, i do not like to bother my sister to tell her to shut down ares for a while

I tried reducing the simultaneous connections from 4096 to 1024 and even tried disabling the gui (killing httpd from the ssh interface)

Yet, I still found myself better without QoS Sad any news about this problem?

Well first you really should state your router and what build you are using. I see this is your first post also, have you tried reading the Peacock Announcement? It does have some good stuff in there that you should know.

WRT54G v5 BS micro 14684(RB)
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Necro'ing 4 year old threads about a common topic is not necessary.

In addition to your exact hardware and firmware, be sure to state all of the QoS settings you're using (a screenshot works nicely) and what your actual ISP rates are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: