Break instruction in kernel code in traps.c::do_bp, line 462

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
vincentfox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 17:55    Post subject: Break instruction in kernel code in traps.c::do_bp, line 462 Reply with quote
Been getting a lot of these today in my syslog:

Break instruction in kernel code in traps.c::do_bp, line 462:

Any idea what it means?

It's a simple WRT54GS v1 unit configured as a WDS bridge. Was working fine but now it pings but will not let me login or see it's web interface.
Sponsor
daedalus01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
What version of DD-WRT are you using?

Just out of curiosity, do you have your WRT54GS set to send syslog message to a syslog server on your computer, or is it setup in a different fashion?

Maybe traps.c has to do with SNMP traps? I'm downloading the source code now to see what I can read (I'm not a good programmer though, sorry). I'll do my best and post back.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
its a kernel exception and is very critical. but it could be anything from a hardware defect to external influences
vincentfox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes sorry not enough detail. I have over a dozen of these in a WiFi network, all running v23SP1-Final, all logging to a central syslog server on a Linux box. Makes it much easier to have one big log file I can troll through to identify problems.

This GSv1 unit is a simple WDS LAN bridge device, no WAN/routing functions nothing it's supposed to do other than bridge networks. Fortunately I have a redundant link and STP enabled or my network would be cut in half right now.

Anyhow the unit was working fine then today starting acting all weird, and has now not responding to pings. It's very remote from me so I cannot power-cycle it. If it reboots on cron schedule at 4AM then maybe I can find out something else.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
every log entry has a ip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: