DD-WRT on LinksysWRT54GS Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
asubaseball727
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 21:57    Post subject: DD-WRT on LinksysWRT54GS Issue Reply with quote
So I was browsing through the forum and found a very similar issue to what I'm having.

"The router was working fantastically, but suddenly stopped. I've tried resetting everything I know how to, but I can never get a new WAN IP no matter what I try. I've connected to my cable modem successfully with other devices so I am very confident that the DD-WRT router is the problem."

+++++++

The answer is as follows:

Clone your PC MAC address. This worked for me as I had exactly the same issue where the router wouldnt pick up the WAN address.

Basically I cloned my PC MAC address so that the router used my PC's MAC address. I then attached my Cable modem to my PC and did a release and renew to aquire the correct settings. I then connected my cable modem to the router and logged in and did a release and renew through the router.

You may need to power off/on your modem for the router to renew the WAN IP.

^^^^^^
If someone could please explain in a little more detail what I need to do to correct the issue, I would really appreciate it

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
there could be other issues. Common WAN issues are in the peacock announcement. If you have to clone your MAC address go to basic, mac address clone, enable, and enter the MAC address that the modem is used to...whatever the mac address on the previous device was.

You might just be able to leave the modem unplugged overnight...but read the peacock announcement at the top of this forum.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: