Buffalo WHR-G300N Antenna Mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
sikkwidditt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 20:39    Post subject: sup guys Reply with quote
I just want to share my successful mod to you guys...After this mod, I got an stable 17-20 mbps around my house wireless connection and 25-30 mbps with wired connection, I got 20 mbps comcast blast service, and I own my docsis 3.0 which help a little bit more, other than that I'm happy with my connection, specially when I play my PS3 Black Ops online, Lag free....thanks guyz!

Sponsor
chaotic_j
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently attempted this external antenna mod with my WHR-G300N V2. I flashed the firmware to DD-WRT v24.

I then purchased 2 x U.FL connector pigtails to SMA connectors and 2 x 7 dBi RP-SMA omni-directional wireless antennas from eBay.

Removing the case of the router was relatively easy with the use of an old credit card as a prying tool; connecting the U.FL connectors was very easy.

I drilled a couple of holes using a bench drill in suitable positions in the router case for the SMA connectors to attach in.

I then securely attached the SMA connectors and screwed on the two anntennas..

Unfortunately it now seems that with the external antenna mod the range of the router is reduced compared to the original internal (stock) anntennas?!

I cannot see that I have done anything wrong in the mod and so I am posting here in the hopes that someone might please advise me as to what to try..

I have a couple of these antennas as spare and I swapped them round with no effect i.e. still a poorer range than the original internal (stock) antennas!

I have taken a couple of pictures to show my work so that you can point out if there are any blindingly obvious errors.

Of course, the antennas could be of poor quality but I am not sure how I can test that as I do not have any of a different type/brand. Could anyone recommend some on eBay please?

Thank you in advance!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: