Who's the BIGGEST DD-wrt Ho?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
hpsenicka
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
hpsenicka wrote:
Technically... some of mine are giveaways, and no longer in my posession.... should I be excluding those?

( I.e. units deployed for friends and family members)

Did you give them away, or lend them out? Are you maintaining them? (Upgrades etc?)

They are giveaways... I deployed WRT54GL's both at my sister's place, and my parents' place, with the intent of creating a family VPN. A 4th unit will eventually land at my brother's place.

I do provide remote support and upgrades as needed, but the VPN is still on the to-do list.

WRT54G v6, v8
WRT54GS v5
WRH54G
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
hpsenicka wrote:
They are giveaways...

Canadians are so damned honest! Laughing

So...count up YOURS. Looks like BW takes the lead.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
hpsenicka
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
This game isn't fun anymore... Laughing
WRT54G v6, v8
WRT54GS v5
WRH54G
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
hpsenicka wrote:
This game isn't fun anymore... Laughing

Prices for dd-wrt compatible routers on ebay are about to go up! Wink

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
KeithB
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a shame I can't count the bundle of DD-WRT routers I sent to redhawk0. They were taking up a bit of space in my tiny little office and I figured he could do SOMETHING with them all. Right now, it's just four active routers at my house: 1 WNR834Bv2 and 3 WNDR3300. A low number by anyone's count.... :lol:

Whoops, almost forgot the two Motorola WR850G units - one went to a co-worker and the other to another forum user in need of a replacement. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't top the list but so far I have:

WHR-HP-G54
WHR-G125 (x2)
WRT54G v.2
WRT54G v.4
WRT54G v.5 (x3)
WRT300N
F*nera 2100 (x2)

damn, I need to update my signature. Thats a good thing about being in the military. Most bases have a donation store where you can donate things or just go in and pick up things others have donated. Its all free and the seems to be networking equipment in there almost every week. And did I mention its all free?! I have bought all these with the exception of the wrt300N.

54G v 4 (11296) - Backup
F*n 2100 (testing) (X2)
Belkin F5D8235-4
AF Active Duty- (3C251)(3P071)
Network Infrastructure Technician
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
My 150n is so lonely.
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
All my purchased routers are in my sig excluding the V5.. That was a donated, donation from Red as I lost my last neutered device for testing (V8 ). Since, I bought a bunch of "fubar" routers in one lot off of e-may (all V8's). Out of the lot of five, I got only one going by swapping flash chips. The rest are junk.. Garbage day is thursday.. If any one wants the rest for parts, it'll cost just shipping. They are yours..

Do the hours you put into getting one running count (plus supplies)? If so.. I win :P

What about the stuff in my closet that does not support dd-wrt? Does that count? I bought it..

This for you BW. Laughing

JTAG Keychain.jpg
 Description:
Like American Xpress, never leave home without it!
 Filesize:  51.66 KB
 Viewed:  12780 Time(s)

JTAG Keychain.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow! I've never met anyone with more that 3 active routers in their home Very Happy

Long time OpenWRT user but only recently tried DD-WRT. I only have 3, a WRT54GL that I bricked and donated to a friend, the other 2 are in my sig out of which only 1 is running DD-WRT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh boy you made me dig out everything to add it all up.

Here's EVEYTHING I got...

2x WRT350N (One is in my sig, another is stock).
2x WRT300N (One is in my sig(V1.1), another is stock lending to a friend(V1.0)).
1x Motorola WR850G. (I really need to sell this thing).
2x WRT54G V4. (One for traveling, one lent to my mother.(I don't expect to every see it again)).
6x WRT54G v8 (One lent to another friend, One with 16MB ram installed, another two functioning, rest bricked).
1x WRT54G V? (I'm not sure of the version, I traded for it and all it was is the board).

Damn, now I see why my wife gets a funky look when I say I'm buying another router... Laughing

ALL FOR SALE!
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought another!!! A WRT54GS v1.0. Twisted Evil Laughing I love MEGA builds. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got another WRT54GS. This one is a v1.1 with 7dBi antennas. Twisted Evil I'm up to 12 LMAO!!! Seriously though these are cheaper at the moment than the WRT54G-TM's are. The TM's are pushing $45.00 to $70.00. My 3, I got for mid $30.00's. I'm anxious to see how the better antenna work in my house. Very Happy

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
LrdShaper wrote:
Wow! I've never met anyone with more that 3 active routers in their home Very Happy

I know we never met...but I had 33 running at one time. I recently shut down all but 12 because many were older models.....and....my wife was getting on my case about taking up all the electrical outlets for the power bricks....I still have all the older ones available for a special request testing (all in boxes labeled)...but for the most part...I have only newer routers (3 years and newer) running.

I have at least one router in every bedroom and one in the downstairs bathroom....I think this last point was why I was originally labeled a dd-wrt ho! :lol:

Gotta love this hobby.

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
I have at least one router in every bedroom and one in the downstairs bathroom....I think this last point was why I was originally labeled a dd-wrt ho! :lol:

Gotta love this hobby.

redhawk

Damn. I cannot *even* come close to that. Appearantly you people have too much free time on your hands. Wink

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
crashfly wrote:
redhawk0 wrote:

Gotta love this hobby.

redhawk

Damn. I cannot *even* come close to that. Appearantly you people have too much free time on your hands. Wink
Correct me if I'm wrong redhawk0 but I think many of his 33 were donations. That being said, it's still very impressive. I don't have all 12 of mine running but 6 are running and being used for different purposes as I type. And I have plans to put the others to work as I integrate "Wireless N" in my house. It's the cheapest hobby I've ever had that's for sure. In many ways, one of the most rewarding and fun. Also it's probably the least understood hobby by my friends and family. LMAO!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing They all know I'm a major geek though so they accept it as normal for me.

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: