[SOLVED] Netgear WNR3500L v1 - No SSH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Joe_Schmo2840
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 17:33    Post subject: [SOLVED] Netgear WNR3500L v1 - No SSH Reply with quote
Hello there everyone. Recently my ssh abilities have ceased to function. Using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std-usb-nas. Ive tried reinstalling the firmware and I have done multiple 30/30/30 resets. To no avail Putty still gives me "Server Unexpectedly Closed Network Connection". Connecting to ssh at default gateway, on the lan thru configured default port 22. Also my remote app "Router Connect" and my JuiceSSH app give me "Socket is EOF" or something like that. What gives?

Last edited by Joe_Schmo2840 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 18:45; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Joe_Schmo2840
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
FIXED: Changed Firmware to mega, the one provided in the tutorial and it fixed itself.
DonChino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:18    Post subject: Um, what? Reply with quote
Um, what Tutorial and what Mega?

Maybe share your links, because I am having issues with the WNR3500L and SSH. It does not seem to be working for me...

Confused

Plus, according to the DD-WRT Wiki

This router REQUIRES a K26 build. Also be sure that you don't use a mega build otherwhise it will brick your device.

So maybe clarify your answer? Because you claim that a mega does NOT brick your device. Version? Model? Mega Build? Thanks...

Evil or Very Mad

Joe_Schmo2840 wrote:
FIXED: Changed Firmware to mega, the one provided in the tutorial and it fixed itself.
DonChino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:47    Post subject: For anyone else having problems with, here you go... Reply with quote
Well, it seems Joe_Schmo2840 really is a schmuck - J/K - NOT - J/K... Twisted Evil

Anyway, I went over the Wiki and it seems there is a link for the 14929 BIG build, but it turns out that your router will report MEGA. So this is confusing and obviously contradictory, since the Wiki tells you NEVER to use a MEGA build.

Wiki Page:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNR3500L

BIG Build (Reports MEGA)
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin

This build works and now my SSH is spotless and I got everything like Print Server working perfectly, so I am very happy. Hope this helps someone else and ignore the DD-WRT database... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: