DD-WRT box act as both a client and an access point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
91xplorer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 21:32    Post subject: DD-WRT box act as both a client and an access point Reply with quote
how to make the DD-WRT box act as both a client and an access point.i have a wrtg4gx2 connected to the internet.i have a wrt54g(dd-box) connected to it wireless.how can i connect my laptop to the wrt54g wireless to surf the net
Sponsor
niwa2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
i am not completely sure but as far as i know client and ap mode don't work at the same time.
you probably have to get another AP
Gradnovaine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are looking for WDS. IS your main router capable of running WDS?
Karesh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a setup like that using dd-wrt v24 beta. The main Wireless Physical Interface is setup in repeater mode with the SSID i connect to, and i made a virtual interface with another SSID, wich my clients connect to.
The wlan i connect to is open, with no encryption/auhtentication, and the virtual wlan i made is also open. I've tried to use WEP on the virtual wlan, wich seems to work, WPA(2) seems to have some problems.
Benefit over WDS is that the LAN and wirtual WLAN are seperate from the WLAN i connect to, with their own ip range
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: