D-Link DIR-825 Rev. B - Porting DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
jeepguy_1980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 17:57    Post subject: Re: download speeds Reply with quote
treyw00 wrote:
Hi, sorry if this has been discussed but i didn't want to go through 87 pages Smile.

I've got the newest build on my dir 825 and i've noticed the download speeds seem very slow. I tops out at about 11 Mb/s and it should be around th 18-20 range. I ran the test before i flashed it to dd wrt today and was about 18.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, b/c i like this version so much more than the factory d-link but if i can't get that fixed i may have to revert back

It's been discussed a few times, including the post just above yours. I wish I could even get 11Mbps down using DD-WRT. I'm at about 5-6Mbps. Without DD-WRT, I can get about 31 Mbps.

Sponsor
IMRJS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 18:54    Post subject: Re: download speeds Reply with quote
jeepguy_1980 wrote:
treyw00 wrote:
Hi, sorry if this has been discussed but i didn't want to go through 87 pages Smile.

I've got the newest build on my dir 825 and i've noticed the download speeds seem very slow. I tops out at about 11 Mb/s and it should be around th 18-20 range. I ran the test before i flashed it to dd wrt today and was about 18.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, b/c i like this version so much more than the factory d-link but if i can't get that fixed i may have to revert back

It's been discussed a few times, including the post just above yours. I wish I could even get 11Mbps down using DD-WRT. I'm at about 5-6Mbps. Without DD-WRT, I can get about 31 Mbps.

I'm not sure if you guys followed the instructions properly for flashing and setting up the wireless. I would look back a few pages. I have no problems and I get my full 15Mbps down and 1Mbps up from my ISP on over 20 devices with QOS on! And those devices include desktops wired connections, laptops, iPhone-3G, iPhone-4, iPad's, PS3, and Axis Cameras. I also have multiple access restrictions, QoS, Port Forwarding, DDNS, DMZ, and VPN + more running with no problems. I have not had a problem with this firmware the last dozen releases using all those services.

Ryan
jeepguy_1980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 21:45    Post subject: Re: download speeds Reply with quote
IMXXXX wrote:
jeepguy_1980 wrote:
treyw00 wrote:

I'm not sure if you guys followed the instructions properly for flashing and setting up the wireless. I would look back a few pages. I have no problems and I get my full 15Mbps down and 1Mbps up from my ISP on over 20 devices with QOS on! And those devices include desktops wired connections, laptops, iPhone-3G, iPhone-4, iPad's, PS3, and Axis Cameras. I also have multiple access restrictions, QoS, Port Forwarding, DDNS, DMZ, and VPN + more running with no problems. I have not had a problem with this firmware the last dozen releases using all those services.

Ryan

I have read this entire thread (not all recently). I tried running DD-WRT for a little while, but have ran the stock firmware for the past few months. Just today I went back to DD-WRT. Each time the GUI slows down and becomes unusable,requiring a reboot and each time the download speed is significantly handicapped.

The method I use for flashing is 30/30/30. Then I assign a static IP 192.168.0.2 and a gateway of 192.168.0.1. I load the NA build (from a very basic boot loader), then load the latest build (14948), selecting reset to defaults. I have also tried resetting the NVRAM again.

I believe that this is the method that was posted a while back.

With DD-WRT:

Without DD-WRT:

nickCR
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
If i'm not mistaken the 30/30/30 doesn't work well on this router. There was a better method which took 10 seconds but I don't know what it was. Maybe someone that has some experience can fill us in?

But I am also currently on 2.02NA and I'm interested to come back to the DD-WRT firmware.

I wish someone would post clear instructions on the main page but it was said at one point the 1 + 2 antenna chains were the correct setting.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
The procedure posted here is nearly identical to the procedure I use, except that I didn't use IE.

I added a wiki page for the DIR-825. I will fill in more details over the next few days and I hope that others can do the same. Reading 88+ pages of a thread can be difficult.

IMRJS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
nickCR wrote:
If i'm not mistaken the 30/30/30 doesn't work well on this router. There was a better method which took 10 seconds but I don't know what it was. Maybe someone that has some experience can fill us in?

But I am also currently on 2.02NA and I'm interested to come back to the DD-WRT firmware.

I wish someone would post clear instructions on the main page but it was said at one point the 1 + 2 antenna chains were the correct setting.

tatsuya46 post Jul 8 11:23 page 77. Those settings work great! I even tweaked them more but can't do my own screens right at gf on iPad.

Ryan
Wink
lovemyram4x4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
My DIR-825 w/ DD-WRT WAN speeds got as bad as .5/19mbps on my wired machines and 10/10mbps on wifi. I loaded DD-WRT by using the the recovery page(resest button for 45sec.

this is what I'm getting right now on my WNDR3700 w/ DD-WRT on wifi (LAN is the same)

I've seen upload go as high as 25mbps

I also only saw max connection rate of 104mbps on the DIR-825 w/ DD-WRT (about 15' clear line of site) but get 300mbps on the WNDR3700 in the same location and I still get up 260mbps(averages at 208mbps) 30' thru walls, cabinets, etc. I'm surprised at the difference in performance between the 2 models (same radios) and same build number of DD-WRT. I'm very happy at this time w/ this build on the WNDR3700 I hope it continues to work this well (I just installed it last night)
jeepguy_1980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
lovemyram4x4 wrote:
My DIR-825 w/ DD-WRT WAN speeds got as bad as .5/19mbps on my wired machines and 10/10mbps on wifi. I loaded DD-WRT by using the the recovery page(resest button for 45sec.

this is what I'm getting right now on my WNDR3700 w/ DD-WRT on wifi (LAN is the same)

I also only saw max connection rate of 104mbps on the DIR-825 w/ DD-WRT (about 15' clear line of site) but get 300mbps on the WNDR3700 in the same location and I still get up 260mbps(averages at 208mbps) 30' thru walls, cabinets, etc. I'm surprised at the difference in performance between the 2 models (same radios) and same build number of DD-WRT. I'm very happy at this time w/ this build on the WNDR3700 I hope it continues to work this well (I just installed it last night)

It definetly gets worse with time. On a fresh reboot I can get 25/2p, which is still slower than what I should get. The web gui is fast and responsive too.. but within an hour or two, the GUI becomes painfully slow and my dl speeds get really bad. I was at .53 lastnight.

IMRJS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeepguy_1980 wrote:
lovemyram4x4 wrote:

It definetly gets worse with time. On a fresh reboot I can get 25/2p, which is still slower than what I should get. The web gui is fast and responsive too.. but within an hour or two, the GUI becomes painfully slow and my dl speeds get really bad. I was at .53 lastnight.

The only reasonable explanation is faulty hardware... Or something has happened during the flashing process, but I’m assuming you have re-flashed it multiple times. RMA it or go buy another put yours in the box and return it, lol.

Ryan
Question
lovemyram4x4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeepguy_1980 wrote:

That actually just reminded me that after flashing my DIR-825 w/ DD-WRT and I'm right after-as in first time connecting again, it was extremely slow at accessing the web GUI via the LAN connection but wifi wasn't as bad.

Second day on the WNDR3700 and it's still working just as good. I'm not sure if my upload has slowed or if the WNDR3700 w/ DD-WRT on it is effecting it like the DIR-825 but only to a lesser extent but it has been about 5mbps slower than what I used to see however my d/l is faster than what I'm supposed to get. I'm on a 35/35 and usually saw something closer to 25/25, so 40/20 isn't bad.
lovemyram4x4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
IMXXXX wrote:

The only reasonable explanation is faulty hardware... Or something has happened during the flashing process, but I’m assuming you have re-flashed it multiple times. RMA it or go buy another put yours in the box and return it, lol.

Ryan
Question

The thing is it works fine w/ the factory firmware except for I can't connect to it w/ a windows ce wireless b device w/ WPA encryption(the main reason I loaded DD-WRT on it-same thing w/ the WNDR3700-I thought it was a Dlink thing but it must be something w/ newer routers as I have 4 others at home that work w/ it fine) and I did pack it up and exchanged it for the WNDR3700, which like I said is working good w/ the DD-WRT on it.
jeepguy_1980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
My router works just fine under the stock firmware, with one exception. I am not able to stay connected to EA's game servers under BFBC2, even in the DMZ. This problem is not present under the DD-WRT firmware.

Aside from that one problem, the stock firmware has no performance issues. The web GUI never slows, the download and upload speeds never slow. So I doubt it's a hardware problem. Plus, I have read this entire thread and a few people have had the same issues (slow GUI, slow download speeds). Maybe I have too many devices on my network. I have about 15 connected, most of which are wired.

IMRJS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeepguy_1980 wrote:
My router works just fine under the stock firmware, with one exception. I am not able to stay connected to EA's game servers under BFBC2, even in the DMZ. This problem is not present under the DD-WRT firmware.

Aside from that one problem, the stock firmware has no performance issues. The web GUI never slows, the download and upload speeds never slow. So I doubt it's a hardware problem. Plus, I have read this entire thread and a few people have had the same issues (slow GUI, slow download speeds). Maybe I have too many devices on my network. I have about 15 connected, most of which are wired.

I have the same or more devices but mostly on wireless. I game hard on my three wired desktops mostly playing BFBC2. Never have problems with anything very odd!
jeepguy_1980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
IMXXXX wrote:
jeepguy_1980 wrote:

I have the same or more devices but mostly on wireless. I game hard on my three wired desktops mostly playing BFBC2. Never have problems with anything very odd!

My problem with BFBC2 is only under the stock firmware. I can connect to a game server just fine, but the connection only lasts for 2-3 minutes and then it drops. If I bypass my router or use DD-WRT, I don't have any connection problems. DD-WRT just gets slow, but it never effects my ping.

River
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Couldn't find this in search anywhere, but does anyone know why the ipt_mac module isn't included in the firmware? I am trying to apply the speed limits for mac address.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 147, 148, 149  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 88 of 149
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: