D-Link DIR-825 Rev. B - Porting DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
IMRJS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
River wrote:
Couldn't find this in search anywhere, but does anyone know why the ipt_mac module isn't included in the firmware? I am trying to apply the speed limits for mac address.

QoS -> MAC Priority?
Sponsor
River
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes. mac priority.
mamboman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:37    Post subject: Multiple SSIDs Reply with quote
Hi,
Anyone here care to comment on the performance effects of having multiple SSIDs? Does it negatively affect the wireless performance since the wireless settings are all the same except for the difference in SSIDs? Thanks.
markm75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been running 14929 on my dir-825 b1 for some time (a few weeks).. every once in awhile it locks up.. cant even ping the router..

I have to pull the power cable and put it back in..

I have no idea why this is going on..

I'm using the 1+2 chains and other settings posted on here previously as being good wireless settings.. so i think they are "safe".. not sure what could be causing the lockup?

Anyone else ran into this?

Other than this issue, it has worked great, even for streaming bluray iso's over 5Ghz.

When it dies, the wireless also dies.. and wired connections cant ping the router..

about the only thing i can see, that after a reset, the memory reads: 61676 kB / 65536 kB 94%
seti
DD-WRT User

Location: Physically: Somewhere in time and space / Mentally: As lost as the next person

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
markm75 wrote:
Been running 14929 on my dir-825 b1 for some time (a few weeks).. every once in awhile it locks up.. cant even ping the router..

I'm using the 1+2 chains and other settings posted on here previously as being good wireless settings.. so i think they are "safe".. not sure what could be causing the lockup?

Other than this issue, it has worked great, even for streaming bluray iso's over 5Ghz.

When it dies, the wireless also dies.. and wired connections cant ping the router..

about the only thing i can see, that after a reset, the memory reads: 61676 kB / 65536 kB 94%

I can relate. I have been running this build for the month or so since its release and have had a single lock up with no reason or ill effects, but a reboot fixed it.

I am personally jones-ing for the 15k builds!
markm75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
seti wrote:
markm75 wrote:

I can relate. I have been running this build for the month or so since its release and have had a single lock up with no reason or ill effects, but a reboot fixed it.

I am personally jones-ing for the 15k builds!

yeah but i wonder if it is the dd-wrt firmware or the hardware though?
bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been running 14948 for a while and router is up for 24 days without any problems now and wanted to make more use of it.

This is what i would like to accomplish and was hoping for some assistance because i see so many guides and don't know which one to pick.

Case: I would like to create a separate WLAN for friends who visit my place and would like to have faster internet on their mobile but i don't wan't them to let them communicate with any of my devices in my private network under any circumstances.

So i was browsing the wiki and came across these guides.

V24: WLAN Separate From LAN, With Independent DHCP

Multiple WLANs

Separate LAN And WLAN

But which one is the best in my case, or overall best?
markm75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
bl@d3runn3r wrote:
Been running 14948 for a while and router is up for 24 days without any problems now and wanted to make more use of it.

This is what i would like to accomplish and was hoping for some assistance because i see so many guides and don't know which one to pick.

Case: I would like to create a separate WLAN for friends who visit my place and would like to have faster internet on their mobile but i don't wan't them to let them communicate with any of my devices in my private network under any circumstances.

Multiple WLANs

Separate LAN And WLAN

Where did you get 14948 from, i only see 14929?
bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
markm75 wrote:
bl@d3runn3r wrote:

Multiple WLANs

Separate LAN And WLAN

Where did you get 14948 from, i only see 14929?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57708&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1268
vavasik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:38    Post subject: Re: i user BIN is Taiwan version. the NO. 2.0SS,can't flash Reply with quote
linuxpro wrote:
i have one DIR-825.

but this 825 user u-boot bootloader,
Serial can't input .
console has been disabled.....

I need to re-flash with the J-TAG as the backup loader is gone.

Taiwan 2.0SS can't upgrade any version.

any bin display this message(include DD-WRT, d-link(ww,na):

UPLOAD FAILED
The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this Gateway, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the gateway may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a "user" instead of an "admin" - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed.

this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=426268&highlight=&sid=0162b6baec4ca28cc38f0af3053b8306
can't help me ....

You can give me a 825 NA or WW full flash it?

thanks.
my email: sniperpr AT gmail.com

Hi,

Here is link on D-link 825 B1 Fullflash http://upload.com.ua/get/901919492/

Tool for programming http://rayer.ic.cz/programm/programm.htm#SPIPGM

Adapter diagram http://rayer.ic.cz/elektro/spipgm.htm

p.s. Connection wires to a chip must be short (10 cm, no more)
seti
DD-WRT User

Location: Physically: Somewhere in time and space / Mentally: As lost as the next person

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
bl@d3runn3r wrote:

Multiple WLANs

Separate LAN And WLAN

I just wanted to clear up that I am in fact running the 14948 build...forgot I even flashed it.

I am also looking to separate my network as well...as I recently had a friend of my nephew visit and in his overnight stay...he opened my network up to some kind of evil. I noticed a series of downloads from all over the globe in my logs and jus felt violated. So, I want to separate my servers onto their own router/subnet, my home lan/wlan onto their own subnet, and the public wireless for visitors onto their own. So, I am as well curious on how to officially do it. I have an idea and if it works I will report back.

Thanks for asking the question before me and as of now I am going to try a combination of your first and last links: "V24: WLAN separate from LAN, with independent DHCP" and "Separate LAN and WLAN". We will just have to see what kind of hideous spawn we get with these Razz
bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
seti wrote:
bl@d3runn3r wrote:

Multiple WLANs

Separate LAN And WLAN

I just wanted to clear up that I am in fact running the 14948 build...forgot I even flashed it.

I am also looking to separate my network as well...as I recently had a friend of my nephew visit and in his overnight stay...he opened my network up to some kind of evil. I noticed a series of downloads from all over the globe in my logs and jus felt violated. So, I want to separate my servers onto their own router/subnet, my home lan/wlan onto their own subnet, and the public wireless for visitors onto their own. So, I am as well curious on how to officially do it. I have an idea and if it works I will report back.

Thanks for asking the question before me and as of now I am going to try a combination of your first and last links: "V24: WLAN separate from LAN, with independent DHCP" and "Separate LAN and WLAN". We will just have to see what kind of hideous spawn we get with these Razz
I did use one of those links as well in the past and from what i can remember my router went crazy and i needed to do all settings from scratch again. I probably did something wrong but since there are so many possible ways i thought asking a expert in this first ;)

I'm also gonna try (again) first and last link today, will also report later today.
kundival
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, is there any firmware that supports VLAN? Or just two separated WLANs?
bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
kundival wrote:
Did you even looked at last post before you commented?

Anyway, i got DHCP working but my main LAN didn't after it. What i feared of happened, i needed to reconfigure my router to get things working again (factory defaults), this happened after playing with Additional DNSMasq Options
kundival
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
bl@d3runn3r wrote:
kundival wrote:
Did you even looked at last post before you commented?

Anyway, i got DHCP working but my main LAN didn't after it. What i feared of happened, i needed to reconfigure my router to get things working again (factory defaults), this happened after playing with Additional DNSMasq Options

yes, it doesn't answer my question. you are lost at following a guide, I know how to set VLAN (my other asus router is working fine), but this D-Link has a missing driver and ignores vlan config... or at least a month ago did, so I was curious, if there isn't a new FW that can do it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 147, 148, 149  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 89 of 149
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: