D-Link DIR-825 Rev. B - Porting DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
ak7s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did not have access to the web gui, but could telnet to the recovery firmware and establish SSH. WinSCP then worked and I transfered the caldata file.

Thanks for the replies and good suggestions, back and working again!
Sponsor
vbobmac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Juste wana say a big
Thanks to Tatsuya46
it work perfectly now.....

the only thing, it took me 1day of reading and testing before getting here......lol
this thread is a little bit big......

Thank again..

Marc
waffull
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I second the thank you to Tatsuya46. I had to do this once before and it would have taken me a while to get through all my emails to piece the process together again.

I'm surprised to see this build still available for download. Does anyone have a way to get a hold of BS or someone who can take it down so more people don't download and temporarily brick their routers?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
waffull wrote:
I second the thank you to Tatsuya46. I had to do this once before and it would have taken me a while to get through all my emails to piece the process together again.

I'm surprised to see this build still available for download. Does anyone have a way to get a hold of BS or someone who can take it down so more people don't download and temporarily brick their routers?

Here's BrainSlayer's e-mail address: s.gottschall@dd-wrt.com

- Magnetron1
waffull
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI: BrainSlayer has removed the troublesome build and hopes to have a new one up soon, possibly as early as tomorrow.
steuben
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 16:55    Post subject: Caldata original post Reply with quote
ak7s wrote:
Did not have access to the web gui, but could telnet to the recovery firmware and establish SSH. WinSCP then worked and I transfered the caldata file.

Thanks for the replies and good suggestions, back and working again!

Where credit is due: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=100416#p100416

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 20:48    Post subject: New DIR-825 B1 F/W Build 15314 is safe to load... Reply with quote
Build 15314 is safe to load and I am testing it now.

- Magnetron1
jesbo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just loaded it. So far so good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm working on my nonwireless dir-825 just now.Do I have to "enter" each step? and is there alternate for steps 4-6 because my cable modem is very far from my pc?
tatsuya46 wrote:
tagagaray wrote:
I flashed my dir-825 with build 15279 and the wireless died. please help.

See: http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/ticket/1742

Do not flash 15279 on the DIR-825 again.

To recover do EXACTLY whats posted here, this includes odd symbols such as ">". After step ONE make sure to set a STATIC IP such as 192.168.1.10 and the DEFAULT GATEWAY to 192.168.1.1, this must be done. Also have a telnet client ready or use the windows telnet client (I did).

-I added a few words to this procedure so no one else gets stuck at it for hours like I did.

-If the last 2 characters of your router's MAC is something like CA like mine is, for step 7 you would put in XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:C9, 9 is BEFORE A.

1. flash the following firmware onto the DIR-825: http://download.openwrt.net/ar71xx/tmp/caldata/openwrt-ar71xx-dir-825-b1-squashfs-backup-loader.bin

2. type "telnet 192.168.1.1" without quotes

3. type "cd /tmp" without quotes

4. type "wget http://download.openwrt.net/ar71xx/tmp/caldata/part_01" without quotes

5. type "wget http://download.openwrt.net/ar71xx/tmp/caldata/part_02" without quotes

6. type "wget http://download.openwrt.net/ar71xx/tmp/caldata/part_03" without quotes

7. type "echo -n XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX > mac1" without quotes (router mac minus 1) Where XX is the router's MAC, look at the sticker on the bottom

8. type "echo -n XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX > mac2" without quotes (NORMAL router mac)

9. type "cat part_01 mac1 part_02 mac2 part_03 > caldata" without quotes

10. type "ls -l caldata" without quotes (should read 65536 bytes)

11. type "mtd unlock caldata" without quotes

12. type "mtd -e caldata write caldata caldata" without quotes

13. type "reboot" without quotes

14. flash DD-WRT r14929 back onto it using emergency loader THEN DO TRIPLE 30 RESET. The 2.4 GHz radio (or whatever radio quit) led should start flashing.
bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
seti wrote:
bl@d3runn3r wrote:
Been running 14948 for a while and router is up for 24 days without any problems now and wanted to make more use of it.

This is what i would like to accomplish and was hoping for some assistance because i see so many guides and don't know which one to pick.

Case: I would like to create a separate WLAN for friends who visit my place and would like to have faster internet on their mobile but i don't wan't them to let them communicate with any of my devices in my private network under any circumstances.

So i was browsing the wiki and came across these guides.

V24: WLAN Separate From LAN, With Independent DHCP

Multiple WLANs

Separate LAN And WLAN

But which one is the best in my case, or overall best?

I just wanted to clear up that I am in fact running the 14948 build...forgot I even flashed it.

I am also looking to separate my network as well...as I recently had a friend of my nephew visit and in his overnight stay...he opened my network up to some kind of evil. I noticed a series of downloads from all over the globe in my logs and jus felt violated. So, I want to separate my servers onto their own router/subnet, my home lan/wlan onto their own subnet, and the public wireless for visitors onto their own. So, I am as well curious on how to officially do it. I have an idea and if it works I will report back.

Thanks for asking the question before me and as of now I am going to try a combination of your first and last links: "V24: WLAN separate from LAN, with independent DHCP" and "Separate LAN and WLAN". We will just have to see what kind of hideous spawn we get with these Razz
I think i got it sorted using this link.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Separate_LAN_and_WLAN

Need to check it again because my router fucked up again and i think it has something to do with assigning a bridge after you created one.
The trick is to wait before assigning it, wait until it appears in pulldown list or your router won't repsond.

So assign one, if your created bridge is NOT in pull down list, delete it again and reboot router.
Don't just let it stay there.

Last edited by bl@d3runn3r on Fri Oct 01, 2010 19:55; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 19:54    Post subject: Build 15314 has been retracted due to problems... Reply with quote
Build 15314 has been retracted largely due to problems with correct caldata interpretation on the Netgear WNDR3700 router as reported by Tatsuya46 ( Link to Ticket #1747). I am now having a start-up script failure which did not occur on previous firmware releases for my DIR-825 B1 router. I'll wait for the next release before reporting the problem if it still occurs.

- Magnetron1
bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad i didn't upgraded ;)

Different question, any QoS experts here ?

What is wrong in this picture?

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8782/qos.png

I just want that subnet to be capped on 100 up/down.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
bl@d3runn3r wrote:

Down/uplink values on top must have a (the proper is best) value in them or QoS really breaks/does nothing. By using netmask priority it will only limit downstream but not upstream, I sent tickets and posted threads but have not gotten a single word on what is going on with it, im still waiting for this to be fixed.. Every router on every build has that issue. Also LAN & WLAN will limit LAN/WLAN *and* WAN speeds, if you want just internet speedlimits then pick WAN.

Seems like you want that subnet to use XX speed of your internet line, so in this case pick WAN. But remember upstream won't be limited cause of that bug..

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
bl@d3runn3r wrote:

Down/uplink values on top must have a (the proper is best) value in them or QoS really breaks/does nothing. By using netmask priority it will only limit downstream but not upstream, I sent tickets and posted threads but have not gotten a single word on what is going on with it, im still waiting for this to be fixed.. Every router on every build has that issue. Also LAN & WLAN will limit LAN/WLAN *and* WAN speeds, if you want just internet speedlimits then pick WAN.

Seems like you want that subnet to use XX speed of your internet line, so in this case pick WAN. But remember upstream won't be limited cause of that bug..
Thanks for explaining.
Finally i figured it out myself and came to the same conclusion as you did.
Down speed limit works, up isn't limited. Well it's sort of limited because with 100kbps set i only get 50% of max upload speed. Also noticed HTB works best, HFSC sucks.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
bl@d3runn3r wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
bl@d3runn3r wrote:

Thanks for explaining.
Finally i figured it out myself and came to the same conclusion as you did.
Down speed limit works, up isn't limited. Well it's sort of limited because with 100kbps set i only get 50% of max upload speed. Also noticed HTB works best, HFSC sucks.

You can set your desired (upstream) limit on the top QoS settings to somewhat work around the netmask priority bug but then everyone is limited to those speeds even if no MAC/IP/service is entered in QoS. Either set those values to your line's rated speed and let QoS manage the downstream and live with the unlimited upstream, this way anyone with priority gets ALL bandwidth if wanted. Or set the limits slightly under your line's maximum real throughput there for everyone can saturate the line as much as they want without getting the latency spikes as a tiny amount of bandwidth is still available to prevent that.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 147, 148, 149  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 91 of 149
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: