D-Link DIR-825 Rev. B - Porting DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
imag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:38    Post subject: non-functional router with DD-WRT Reply with quote
I also had on my DDR-825 Firmware 15279. I proceeded as instructed and uploaded the files back. Flashing lights well.
Now to me but not my router's firmware DD-WRT. When I connect the router to the computer and the router does not allocate an IP address. The computer remains the "initialization" network. I note that in all my network settings set to automatic.
I also tried wifi-it also can not.
But once you upload to the router manufacturer's official firmware, the router works perfectly well!
Could someone advise me what is wrong? I want to be back on your router DD-WRT.
Sponsor
tman144566
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 15:20    Post subject: Dir-825 Antenna Reply with quote
Hey

I own the DIR-825 vB1 with DD-WRT firmware and wanted to attach a 24dbi grid antenna 2.4GHz. However, I only purchased one grid antenna and attached it to the router. Using the grid antenna, the router does seem to detect many access points. But when I try to connect to the access points the signal is basically zero. The snr number ranged around 9 to 10. On the other hand, if I directly connect the grid antenna to my wireless pci card, I am able to connect to the access points with 2 bars in windows 7. The signal in windows 7 is rated as fair. Additionally, the grid antenna's position has been in the same place for the router and wireless card test.

I have also notices with the DIR-825 router that one antenna port tends to detect more access points than the other antenna port.

So should I have two 2.4GHz grid antennas to make the router work or do I only need one 2.4GHz grid antenna? At the moment one 2.4 GHz antenna is not working.

OR

Do I need two dual band antennas to have the router work correctly or only one dual band antenna?

Thanks
05yukon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anyone tried 15334 yet?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
15334 going just fine here.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

aruffell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:

Are you running 15334 on the DIR825? Your signature doesn't list it, but this thread is about the DIR825.
steuben
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
aruffell wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

Are you running 15334 on the DIR825? Your signature doesn't list it, but this thread is about the DIR825.

Tatsuya46 is a well-known member of this board and signatures aren't necessarily updated for every device/revision he (or we) makes. I don't think he needs to be told the subject of this forum; it's poor form to chastise a guru without reading his prior posts to learn, quite quickly, he knows of what he speaks. Most of the time. Wink

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 21:33    Post subject: Re: non-functional router with DD-WRT Reply with quote
imag wrote:
I also had on my DDR-825 Firmware 15279. I proceeded as instructed and uploaded the files back. Flashing lights well.
Now to me but not my router's firmware DD-WRT. When I connect the router to the computer and the router does not allocate an IP address. The computer remains the "initialization" network. I note that in all my network settings set to automatic.
I also tried wifi-it also can not.
But once you upload to the router manufacturer's official firmware, the router works perfectly well!
Could someone advise me what is wrong? I want to be back on your router DD-WRT.

You've installed a buggy version of the firmware, which has since been pulled. That firmware corrupts the caldata portion of the bootrom and the repair procedures necessary to recover functionality of the boot loader with DD-WRT can be found here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=488243#488243

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
steuben wrote:
aruffell wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

Tatsuya46 is a well-known member of this board and signatures aren't necessarily updated for every device/revision he (or we) makes. I don't think he needs to be told the subject of this forum; it's poor form to chastise a guru without reading his prior posts to learn, quite quickly, he knows of what he speaks. Most of the time. Wink

Your comment is totally unnecessary and a waste of electrons. I spent hours trying to restore one of my routers and succeeded with what I believe was a post from Tatsuya46 (restoring caldata). I am not going to risk another 5hrs to fix a router without asking first for confirmation we are talking about the same device. If you took my post as offensive, sorry - but it is your problem... I was pointing out the incongruence between signature and thread title so others and myself won't be left wondering what device he was talking about or worse tempted to upgrade our DIR825 just to brick it again.
jeepguy_1980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
aruffell wrote:
Your comment is totally unnecessary and a waste of electrons.

Don't worry, no electrons were wasted in the creation of his post or any other post on this thread. They were just moved around.

waffull
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 22:41    Post subject: Client Bridges Reply with quote
jeepguy_1980 wrote:

Don't worry, no electrons were wasted in the creation of his post or any other post on this thread. They were just moved around.

Let's not make this thread a philosophical discussion on the creation/destruction of matter:)

Has anyone been able to get internet access on computers connected (ethernet or wireless) to the remote (client bridge) router?

I've followed the directions at: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge as well as reading the links/references in that wiki, but no luck.

The computers ARE able to negotiate a DHCP lease from the primary router. I'm able to ping locally across the bridge. Able to ping the gateway.

Unable to ping ip or fqdn addresses on the internet. I have statically assigned DNS, no change. I have statically assigned IP and DNS, no change.

This has been an ongoing problem for the past 6 months, having tried with every build as well.

I have four devices (WNDR3700 w/DD-WRT build 14929, DIR-825b w/DD-WRT build 14929, DIR-655, Actiontek/FiOS MI424WR-GEN2 router w/firmware 20.10.7.) I've tried every combination I can think of, obviously with the FiOS router as the gateway.

I was hoping to bridge the WNDR3700 and DIR-825b using the 5ghz radio and one of them, doesn't matter which one, connected to the FiOS router via patch cable.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait what?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 23:11    Post subject: Build 15334 Reply with quote
aruffell wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

Build 15334 will not brick your router. I'm having a little problem with a custom start-up script and have reported it on ticket #1754. You're not likely to be effected by this.

- Magnetron1
steuben
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
aruffell wrote:

Your comment is totally unnecessary and a waste of electrons. I spent hours trying to restore one of my routers and succeeded with what I believe was a post from Tatsuya46 (restoring caldata). I am not going to risk another 5hrs to fix a router without asking first for confirmation we are talking about the same device. If you took my post as offensive, sorry - but it is your problem... I was pointing out the incongruence between signature and thread title so others and myself won't be left wondering what device he was talking about or worse tempted to upgrade our DIR825 just to brick it again.

Try decaf. And where's your signature? This forum is about the DIR-825; it'd be a shame if you and others were left wondering about which device you were using or, worse, tempted to upgrade your DIR-825 just to brick it again.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
aruffell wrote:
steuben wrote:
aruffell wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

My sig are routers I own not routers I use... I gave my DIR-825 to my friend so he can for once have a proper working router. I pretty much do all the managing with it and upgrade it remotely half the time.

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Marshalrusty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having some trouble getting DD-WRT onto my D-Link DIR-825 B1

I've tried both the firmware version listed on the downloads page and 15334.

I power cycle the router 3 times as is mentioned countless times on this site and get to the "Firmware Upgrade System". At this point, I select the factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin file and submit it. The file uploads and the screen hangs indefinitely. The power LED continues blinking orange. If I power cycle the router, it comes up with the default firmware.

I've gone over the instructions several times with the same effect. I'd appreciate any assistance.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 147, 148, 149  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 92 of 149
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: