Use 1 router - connect to 2 wireless networks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
vallancewj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:15    Post subject: Use 1 router - connect to 2 wireless networks? Reply with quote
I hope I am able to explain my question simply enough. I did multiple searches, but I cannot find my answer.

Where I work we have an employee that we want to be able to connect to our main office (at location #1) by VPN with her laptop & company SIP phone at 2 remote locations. Easy enough to do with two DD-WRT flashed routers (WRT160Nv3 & WRT54GL) and OpenVPN.

The router WRT160v3 at location #1 is wired to the internet. The other two remote locations are wireless & open to multiple people. Here comes in the desire to use the WRT54GL to connect to these 2 wireless routers and VPN into the office.

I want to make it so the WRT54GL memorizes both networks so the employee does not have to do anything, but wire in the phone / laptop, power it up, and work.

Is this feasible with this setup, should we just buy two WRT54GL for each location, or is there a better router to do this with?

- William
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: