Build 13064 - Site Survey Fixed. Report your results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 22:55    Post subject: Build 13064 - Site Survey Fixed. Report your results Reply with quote
I have just loaded 13064 onto my WHR-g300n. I can advise that site survey is working with this build.

In past builds, I have found throughput to be inconsistent and choppy on this router, including build 129xx. I will test this build and report my results. Perhaps others can as well.

Edit: Video streaming still is rough with this router. I have this router wired to a broadcom router. If I connect to the broadcom, video streaming works well. Through the g300n, it is choppy and unwatchable.

Not sure what's up with this router.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Sponsor
SNR
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, the Timeline shows that there were several site survey fixes that were rolled into the 13000 build:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/changeset/12989
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/changeset/12990

I'm still running 13000 and as far as i can tell the Site Survey page is working correctly. The Wiviz survey page is also working OK. In previous recent builds, Wiviz wasn't drawing the map correctly (everything seemed to be pushed off-screen at the top), and I could never see if it ever actually found anything. But in 13000 Wiviz looks good, just like the older builds.

I'm gonna install 13064 now to see if I can break it. Smile
SNR
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf,

Sorry, I should clarify that I'm using a WRT54G-TM, so I really shouldn't have posted in this thread. Oops! :roll:

Not sure how I even found your post, since I never peek outside of the Broadcom forum... Anyway, Site Survey and Wiviz survey is working fine for me with 13064 as well.
Kcolyhs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I can confirm that site survey works in this release.

Unfortunately the iPhone connectivity issue persists. I was hoping that fixing site survey would also address the iPhone. Previous releases with working site survey were compatible with the iPhone.

BS please fix the iPhone issue.
ajs3371
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where can I download the new release?
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
ajs3371 wrote:
Where can I download the new release?

Same as the others:
Downloads › others › eko › BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 10-10-09-r13064 › WHR-G300N
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any other wifi phones having issues with these Ralink builds? Or just the iphone?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
SNR wrote:
Murrkf,

Sorry, I should clarify that I'm using a WRT54G-TM, so I really shouldn't have posted in this thread. Oops! Rolling Eyes

Just to make it clear:

1. You should NOT use 13000 on a whr-g300n...BS builds only.

2. Site survey was not working on the previous recent BS builds on the whr-g300n.

3. The 13064 is a brand new experimental build that might have other 'issues'. If you put it on your router, you are testing the build. Bad things COULD happen.

4. If you wish to test this build, it is available here:
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/10-10-09-r13064/WHR-G300N/

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
blaky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can confirm Site Survey is working with build 13064 now

but another Question:

is there a Reason why i can't find the "Client Bridge" Mode?

MFG
blaky

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
The site survey does seem to work, but I still can't set up either a client bridge or repeater bridge.
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client bridge hasn't been available in recent builds. You should be able to get the same result by setting up a repeater bridge without a virtual ssid, but I haven't tried it myself, yet.

EDIT: Okay, I have tried this. Set up a repeater bridge without a virtual ssid, and it works as a client bridge. I am connected to my whr-g300n by a cable now, without wireless, and am typing this message. :wink:

EDIT 2: I have now setup a virtual ssid and connected to it...which worked as well in full repeater bridge mode.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
ajs3371
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey what do ya know, got it to work. Smile
disco
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Donny wrote:

EDIT: Okay, I have tried this. Set up a repeater bridge without a virtual ssid, and it works as a client bridge. I am connected to my whr-g300n by a cable now, without wireless, and am typing this message. :wink:

EDIT 2: I have now setup a virtual ssid and connected to it...which worked as well in full repeater bridge mode.

I was typing tonight the other post in the same (first) configuration, but I'm facing several other problems..
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59525
invaliduser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
i second the iphone fix request... Smile
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Ipod Touch seems to be connecting fine....

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: