Build 13064 - Site Survey Fixed. Report your results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
michaelso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
i third the iphone fix request... Razz
i hv tested it with two iphone and with iphone OS 3.1.2(newest)
I hv tested it with other router too, other juz fine
n the router with original firmware work fine too... seems not a hardware but a sofware problem...
act. anyway to flash it back to the original firmware??
Sponsor
Mekanik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like we are making progress...below are my results:

1. Site Survey did not work for me.
2. Repeater Bridge mode worked, no problem.
3. iPod touch connected and worked no problem
4. Streaming video is no good. Tested it side-by-side next to a WRT54Gv4 running 12548M NEWD Eko in Repeater Bridge mode...streaming video off of the G300N is unwatchable. Streaming video off of the 54G works flawlessly. Tested streaming video on both the iPod Touch and a Vista laptop.

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv4
WRT54G2v1
WHR-G300N
DIR-615 E3
WNDR3800
WRT300N
WRT54G-TM
invaliduser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Donny and Mekanik,
On your Ipod Touch, once a connection has been established, are you seeing any packet loss? For example, I can establish a connection, but once I begin to download a video podcast (large file) massive packet loss will occur after about 10 - 20MB worth of data.

Thanks,
IU
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
invaliduser wrote:
Donny and Mekanik,
On your Ipod Touch, once a connection has been established, are you seeing any packet loss? For example, I can establish a connection, but once I begin to download a video podcast (large file) massive packet loss will occur after about 10 - 20MB worth of data.

Thanks,
IU

I haven't tried this on the ipod touch, but given that video doesn't work on my computer either, I don't think its an Ipod issue.

I have wired this whrg300n to another router, with a separate ssid. On the linksys, I get good video. On the Ralink, it is unwatchable. I am going to try an older build and compare. July 1, 09 has been suggested.

I filed a bug report on the fact that site survey, although it works in AP mode, it doesn't work in repeater bridge mode. I also mentioned the video issue in the bug report.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
Mekanik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
IU: I'm not sure how you measure packet loss on the ipod touch. All I can say is that I can connect to the G300N, I can check email and I can visit the app store. When I try to stream video though (from youtube), it's unwatchable..it's like it can't download the video fast enough to watch it. I don't have that problem with the 54G in RB mode sitting right next to it.

Donny: I didn't check to see if site survey worked in any other mode...just repeater bridge mode. As soon as I flashed the new firmware, I configured RB mode. Thanks for filing the bug report.

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv4
WRT54G2v1
WHR-G300N
DIR-615 E3
WNDR3800
WRT300N
WRT54G-TM
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have dropped back to 12427 to test the throughput. 12427 works better, but I wouldn't keep it on my ruoter due to the milworm exploit.

However, I can watch video with this 12427 build. Sometimes it needs to spool, but it doesn't stutter.

I wired the g300n to a linksys bridged router (complex setup...don't ask) so I could do some comparison. When watching video online (same newscast) on the linksys router my throughput will hit close to 200KB/s. On the ralink with the 12427 build it will not pass about 80KB/s. It doesn't appear to have the same throughput as my Linksys 150n (which has a slower processor.

So...12427 is significantly better than 13064 on this router, but still this router has throughput issues.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only use this as a plain jane router. No client bridge or anything. But I have no issues streaming 1080p mkv material from it wirelessly to my living room. I am currently running build 13064. Im not rubbing it in your face since your setup is probably different than mine. Just reporting that as a router Im not having issues.
theturkish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have G300N, and I noticed site survey was not working with the previous builds. All I want to do is run this router as client to connect to my other router. Does this build currently work as client without any issues? Has anyone tried?
Mekanik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Throughput increased for me with the addition on one external antenna. I installed two RP-SMA pigtails and the one RP-SMA antenna that I have and I'm simultaneously streaming youtube on my ipod touch and laptop and a 720P HD movie on the laptop right now...from across the house.

The TX and RX are set to auto...changing them from left to right made no difference.

The HD movie isn't perfect...but the youtube streams are. Streaming off the WRT54G is still better.

For info on the antenna mod, see:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=347980#347980

I'm still waiting on my antennas to arrive from China...the same ones DoesItMatter used in the thread above. Maybe throughput will match the 54G when the antennas arrive. Note that both are running in Repeater Bridge Mode.

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv4
WRT54G2v1
WHR-G300N
DIR-615 E3
WNDR3800
WRT300N
WRT54G-TM
jubei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Donny wrote:
My Ipod Touch seems to be connecting fine....

It's not a connecting problem, it seems to be a DNS issue (*I think*)
Grimreaper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mekanik wrote:
Looks like we are making progress...below are my results:

1. Site Survey did not work for me.
2. Repeater Bridge mode worked, no problem.
3. iPod touch connected and worked no problem
4. Streaming video is no good. Tested it side-by-side next to a WRT54Gv4 running 12548M NEWD Eko in Repeater Bridge mode...streaming video off of the G300N is unwatchable. Streaming video off of the 54G works flawlessly. Tested streaming video on both the iPod Touch and a Vista laptop.

Ipod connected fine too, but found the connection to be slow.
Same problems here!
Anyone also facing connection drops?
I find my connection to be much slower when I connect to the G300N compared to my older whr-hp-g54.

Is this because of the beta build?
DoesItMatter
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Access Point and Repeater Bridge mode are working fine for my pair of WHR-G300N's

I have modified the antenna's though, so get much better signals.

I have the following config:

A.P. -> 20 feet + very thick wall -> R.B. -> 2 walls -> Wireless-N USB

Wireless-N USB is hooked up to a multimedia PC with Vista

I can watch streaming videos from HULU.COM @ 480P resolution

No problem with the streaming, good solid 270mbps connection.

Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT IPQ806x Trunk R16375 5.4 Kernel

TP-Link Archer C7 V3 - OpenWRT Build R16290 5.4 Kernel
Linksys E3000 - FreshTomato Build MIPSR2 2021.2
kfarangtingtong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
The site survey does not work on my D-Link DIR-600 vB1.

I also cannot get the repeater bridge working, using any FW version up to and including v24 preSP2 (Build13064).

(I'm trying to connect to a Linksys WRT610N (V1),FW: 1.00.03 B15 but I think I need to start a new topic to specify the situation in detail.)
LoneRebel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Site survey doesn't work for my G300N running firmware from 10/10/09 when put into "repeater bridge" mode. AP and client modes can use site survey just fine.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
This has been reported as a bug.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: