($34.99) Buffalo WHR-G300 and Linksys WPC100 card - newegg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:33    Post subject: ($34.99) Buffalo WHR-G300 and Linksys WPC100 card - newegg Reply with quote
Name says it all, free shipping to boot. Here is the item.

BrainSlayer Builds

DD-WRT Changelog RSS Feed
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw it Monday but now they've sweetened the deal even more with a free Linksys WPC100 notebook adapter too. The only downside is that it's one of a few Ralink based devices that are supported.
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't know it was Ralink, so this post is in the wrong forum and then some.

BrainSlayer Builds

phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's still a good deal. I couldn't resist any longer.
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to get one also, but I have my mind set on getting a gumstix overo fire that I plan to build a pocketable wifi hd media streamer, the specs are outrageous on this thing. So much hardware, so little time.

BrainSlayer Builds

Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
I saw it Monday but now they've sweetened the deal even more with a free Linksys WPC100 notebook adapter too. The only downside is that it's one of a few Ralink based devices that are supported.

Why is a router being supported by DDWRT a downside?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a G300N. It does not work well. Many of the things that we take for granted in broadcom simply do not work. Site survey in repeater modes for example. WDS doesn't work either. Take a look at the Ralink forum and see.

Old builds work in it better than new ones. But the builds that work are pre-milworm. The 13064 is the best build of the new ones, but there is a performance issue with that build, that I thought was limited to the ralink but now believe is in all routers.

I thought this router would be great due its fast processor, but it sucks badly. I had to pull it from my main system and subsequently from doing much more than sitting unplugged under my bed. It is good at that though.

Perhaps when 13064 gets fixed, this router will at least be able to work in AP mode.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
phuzi0n wrote:

Why is a router being supported by DDWRT a downside?

That isn't what I said at all. The downside is that there are only a few Ralink devices supported so the Ralink builds don't have as much testing/bug reporting done for them. I moved this topic from the broadcom forum btw.

Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry misunderstood you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: