Linksys WRE54G V1 Bricked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
vintagepen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 13:34    Post subject: I may be in a different position with mine Reply with quote
Mine did flash properly to completion with the firmware but since then I can't even log into the WRE54G at all yet: It broadcasts its radio fine but when I try to log into it, all I get is a timeout notice on Mountain Lion, not connected in Android and Linux hunts around and when it cant connect, eventualy defaults to a stronger nearby singal. The manual says it should be set to 192.168.1.240 with stock firmware. But nothing seems to work with this DD-WRT firmware.: Does anyone know the default IP for DD-WRT if it is different please?
Sponsor
Freekolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello azimuth and jrble819,
I'm in the same situation as you and am stuck for TFTPing the basic firmware in my own wre54G_v1.
Since your last post (jan 2013) you've really made progress? With your remark about the activation of the radio I could find the full CFE manual controls on broadcom procs. http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/files/wrt54/cfe.pdf
So let us work together to find a solution if possible.
vintagepen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 21:56    Post subject: Not sure if this helps......... Reply with quote
If your WRE did flash to completion, make sure it IS bricked: Mine seemed to be, - but in reality it was just a bit finnicky as to connections at first. Once I managed to get it to accept the 240 bit of the IP, it started working fine and has been doing so ever since.

It is a great range extender and is especially useful when you are staying at some hotel where they only provide WiFi on two sofas in the lobby and (they say) nowhere else: You can set this thing up just outside the area where they are suppressing the signal and have your own non-suppressed signal wherever this unit can transmit to!
Freekolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
@vintagepen: No, I do not think I managed to update the first installed version of dd-wrt as recommended in the http://bit.ly/1yklCdj of Jozerworks: "The release of DD-WRT you just installed is old and buggy. You Will want the latest version of if you want your device to operate trouble free"
Despite waiting for a good ten minutes I had only one solid blue LED. I think everything was blocked so I thought I would do a power cycle.
My connection through the serial port is good, PuTTY is working properly and the boot sequence is displayed. The tftp2.exe v1.25 software does not allow me to inject the Linksys FW v1.06.05. This should not be the right path / protocol I think.
I took the Broadcom manual specified in previous post and I try to understand the possibilities offered by the command "Boot / Load": pages 12 and 13, the options are many, and I want to know if this route (serial) would allow inject the FW. Who tried?

Is it possible to load a file format .srec of a size less than 256kb? How accurately express the source location and the target? pages 13-14 are confusing to me!
Thank you in advance that will guide me.
todd_terry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

If anyone is still interested in unbricking these devices, you can follow my guide: http://blog.shibby.fr/index.php?post/2015/02/12/Unbricking-Linksys-WRE54G-and-WAP54G-When-you-think-you-can-start-digging-their-graves...
This is an extreme unbricking procedure. Of course, it will void the warranty, if you really care about it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: