how to setup internet and wifi on dd-wrt?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hamba99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:00    Post subject: how to setup internet and wifi on dd-wrt? Reply with quote
hello dd-wrt citizens... hope u all have a great life...

link below is my previous post about hard reset ofr my router..
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77663

so since i very newbie and the router i bought from friend, so i forgot to setup the internet setting and wifi setting.. where should i setup the Internet service provider internet setting on the router and where should i setup for wifi..

lastly. thank you for helping me...
Sponsor
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
What step are you at ? In the other thread you were still trying to understand reset. You should not start a new topic, but you should have updated the old topic with your current situation. Now everybody is confused just like you and nobody knows what the hell you need to know right now.
Mad

http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
hamba99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
sory.. that topic i think is finish because i had follow it instruction... and all become like new.. but when i want to setup new internet connection and setup new wifi, i little bit confused... i dont know where to put my ISP username and password for broadband connection and i dont know to setup my wifi...

i had search all the FAQ and googled on internet, but the solution is complicated.. i'am very newbie... need to learn a lot....
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
After a reset there is nothing else you need to do for the wireless to work.

The settings for your ISP depend on the type of connection you have. Username and Password access normally indicate PPPoe, Radius or some similar authentication protocol. In other words, there is a minimum threshhold of knowledge needed on your part to even get proper help. If you are so flipped out in left field that all this shit sounds like greek, then you need to call your ISP and sit on hold for 45 minutes while some other dumb ass in india reads out of his book the information you need to learn about.

Microsoft+India+tech+support.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  635.24 KB
 Viewed:  5606 Time(s)

Microsoft+India+tech+support.png

http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
hamba99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
bro..

in here, no screenshot/print screen how and where to fill in my username and password for my ISP account and how to setup the wifi...

i bought this router with dd-wrt already installed on it... so i dont know a litle bit about it.... i know i need to learn... but in few days, i will further study, then no one will this pc owner..... he is my neighbour...

i had search all the faq here, but it complicated....

anyway thanks for helping me....
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I can still help. First thing you need to do is forget about the dd-wrt router.

Plug your computer into the cable that comes from the internet provider and see if the internet works. If the intenet on the computer does not work then call india and make them fix it.

Then when you get the computer working come back here to the forum and we will help you transfer the correct settings to the dd-wrt router.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: