Installing OpenWRT trunk packages on Ralink HW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
kurochkin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 15:11    Post subject: Installing OpenWRT trunk packages on Ralink HW Reply with quote
Hello,
I've seen several guides regarding the use of packages from OpenWRT trunk on Broadcom and some for Atheros but there's nothing for Ralink-based boards.
Specifically, I'm trying to figure a way to install these packages (http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/packages/) on Asus RT-N13U B1 with DD-WRT build 20548.
Would it be very different from other boards? I mean, install opkg , then try to find and place OpenWRT's libs somewhere on external storage, then use opkg to install the stuff I need.
Can someone prove me right or wrong? Or better yet, push in the right direction?
Sponsor
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
none will work. openwrt uses mips while dd-wrt uses mipsel.
Specimen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
The ramips packages actually do work, at least I've successfully ran aircrack-ng (server) from those packages on an ASUS RT-N10+. You'll need to sort where to look for libs and etc, but those binaries do run on dd-wrt.

I used these ones: http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09-rc1/ramips/rt305x/packages/ (for ASUS RT-N10+)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: