Linksys WRT54G2 v1.3 & WRT54GS2 v1.0 Now Supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 14:07    Post subject: Linksys WRT54G2 v1.3 & WRT54GS2 v1.0 Now Supported Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
There was a lot of work put in behind the scenes on this issue, and Eko, Barryware, Tornado, and in particular, LOM, deserve a lot of credit for this advancement. LOM cracked the code that was needed for this breakthrough and proved his genius. Great work.

My apologies to those who worked hard on this project. Great job guys!

WARNING - There is no revert for ether of these units yet.

Linksys WRTL54G2 v1.3 & WRT54GS2 v1.0

== Flashing the Linksys WRT54G2V13 ==

Warning - There is no Revert for this router at this time

1 Configure your computer's local lan ethernet address to 192.168.1.10, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1 . Then connect an Ethernet cable to your computer and port 1 of your router. (Do Not Use Wireless)(Nothing else connected to router)
2. Perform a Hard_reset_or_30/30/30 .
3. Open your browser to http://192.168.1.1.
4. Use the firmware upgrade dialog to flash Vxworkskiller-G2V13.bin.
5. WAIT for at least five minutes before you continue! (longer is better) Give vxworks killer plenty of time to do its magic!
6. You will not be able to browse the WRT54G2V13 at this point, but you should be able to ping 192.168.1.1. If the router doesn't reply you haven't set your computer's network settings correctly (on step 1)
7. Tftp the DD-WRT firmware to the router, use latest dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin from the folder where you got these instructions; after sucessful tftp, wait 5 min for the router to finish writing new nvram deafults, etc... It should reboot on its own at least 2 times, so give it 5 min and then go to http://192.168.1.1 (If it not reboot on its own, wait another 2 min, and then power cycle it) , you should see the password reset page. Don't worry about changing it at this point.
8. Perform a Hard_reset_or_30/30/30 .
9. WAIT for at least 5 minutes before you continue! (longer is better) Give the router plenty of time to to boot.
10. Browse 192.168.1.1, you should see the password reset page, change it! Then configure .

== Flashing the Linksys WRT54GS2V1 ==

Warning - There is no Revert for this router at this time

1. Configure your computer's local lan ethernet address to 192.168.1.10, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1 . Then connect an Ethernet cable to your computer and port 1 of your router. (Do Not Use Wireless)(Nothing else connected to router)
2. Perform a Hard_reset_or_30/30/30 .
3. Open your browser to http://192.168.1.1.
4. Use the firmware upgrade dialog to flash Vxworkskiller-GS2V1.bin.
5. WAIT for at least five minutes before you continue! (longer is better) Give vxworks killer plenty of time to do its magic!
6. You will not be able to browse the WRT54G2V13 at this point, but you should be able to ping 192.168.1.1. If the router doesn't reply you haven't set your computer's network settings correctly (on step 1)
7. Tftp the DD-WRT firmware to the router, use latest dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin from the folder where you got these instructions; after sucessful tftp, wait 5 min for the router to finish writing new nvram deafults, etc... It should reboot on its own at least 2 times, so give it 5 min and then go to http://192.168.1.1 (If it not reboot on its own, wait another 2 min, and then power cycle it) , you should see the password reset page. Don't worry about changing it at this point.
8. Perform a Hard_reset_or_30/30/30 .
9. WAIT for at least 5 minutes before you continue! (longer is better) Give the router plenty of time to to boot.
10. Browse 192.168.1.1, you should see the password reset page, change it! Then configure .

Last edited by DHC_DarkShadow on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:52; edited 3 times in total
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
There was a lot of work put in behind the scenes on this issue, and Eko, Barryware, Tornado, and in particular, LOM, deserve a lot of credit for this advancement. LOM cracked the code that was needed for this breakthrough and proved his genius. Great work.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Keep your bank account numbers away from LOM Razz

J/K.. Great work LOM!

And naturally to the rest that were involved.

Last edited by barryware on Thu Nov 05, 2009 17:22; edited 1 time in total
bail_w
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
you are the man, LOM.
kafkacell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
will this work with my Linksys WRT54GS2 V1? (currently running wrt micro on it):

rlasmar wrote:

Hi, I have the Router WRT54G2 V1. I did the procedure above for the WRT54GS V7, to restore the linksys firmware, and it's work. But, here is a question: If I want get back to dd-wrt again, what procedure should I follow? The procedure for the WRT54G2 V1 or WRT54GS V7, since now my router have the firmware from GS V7?

I guess I have to follow like the first time, the procedure for the WRT54G2 V1, right?

Another question: Can I update to firmware from WRT54G2 V1 using the Web Gui from the firmware WRT54GS V7, once now this is what istalled on my router?

cybermiguel wrote:

Ok, I will answer your questions:

a) You can update to the original WRT54G2 firmware from the WRT54GS v7 doing the following:

1.- Download the WRT54G2 v1.0 firmware from http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WRT54G2

2.- With a hex editor (in my case, I used xvi32) open one window with the WRT54GS v7.0 firmware and one window with the WRT54G2 v1.0 firmware.

3.- At the beginning of the firmware, there are some characters and some hex info that I call it "firmware check id". It's everything BEFORE the "Linksys WRT54G bla bla bla" part. You must replicate in the WRT54G2 firmware what you see in that part on the WRT54GS v7.0 firmware.

4.- Once you made those changes (not much in my opinion) on the WRT54G2 v1.0 firmware, save the file.

5.- Go to the router's firmware webpage and click the "administration" link. Now click "Firmware update" and choose the WRT54G2 v1.0 firmware you just saved (the one you edited). Click "upgrade".

6.- That's it. After waiting for around 4 or 5 minutes, you have the original WRT54G2 firmware.

From then on, you can use all the updates for the wrt54g2 that linksys makes available.

Now, to answer your second question, if you want to go back to dd-wrt, you have to use the WRT54G2 v1.0 method with the WRT54G2 v1.0 firmware.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
kafkacell wrote:
will this work with my Linksys WRT54GS2 V1? (currently running wrt micro on it):

if dd-wrt is already on the router, you just flash a micro build of your choice via the dd-wrt upgrade gui following normal flashing proceedures (resets, etc).

you do not run the killer files. Those are only for converting the router from stock (vxworks) to dd-wrt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, DD-WRT micro is already running. I wanted to revert to original firmware because the wireless performance under DD-WRT is really low. I have a 4 Mbps internet line, but Im getting 2 Mbps through wireless. I've tried everything on the book and the most I got is 3.48 Mbps, and not all the times.

regards.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
kafkacell wrote:
yes, DD-WRT micro is already running. I wanted to revert to original firmware because the wireless performance under DD-WRT is really low. I have a 4 Mbps internet line, but Im getting 2 Mbps through wireless. I've tried everything on the book and the most I got is 3.48 Mbps, and not all the times.

regards.

No can do.. can not go back. There has not been a revert developed. It can be done with jtag. There is a wholeflash posted by redhawk somewhere on the forum but your macs will not be correct.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. I will try changing wireless settings or maybe buy a new router Embarassed .

regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: