wrt54gv2 no lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
DLOW8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 21:59    Post subject: wrt54gv2 no lights Reply with quote
I have a wrt54gv2 version 1 that doesn't have any lights lit up on it. I checked the power adapter and get 12 volts. I took the board out and checked the 3 prongs on the power adapter and I also got 12 volts. is the router completly dead or should I jtag it and try to communicate with it? When I plug the ethernet cable in my laptop and plug the router in. the Laptop doesn't even recognize that anything is plugged in. Any help would be helpful.
Thanks
Sponsor
DLOW8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I listed this wrong in the initial topic. It is a wrt54g2 version 1.0
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
DLOW8 wrote:
I listed this wrong in the initial topic. It is a wrt54g2 version 1.0

no lights are normal if the router has a small problem. I'll bet if you look close, the wlan light as well as the power light are lit, just really dim

EDIT: what'd you do?? you posted in another thread about the config for the router.. did it ever work (light up) and if yes, what'd you do?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware 2 different routers. Both the same model number and version number. I posted what I did in the initial thread. I configured the wireless ssid etc, but I was unsure of what you were referring to with the wlan. I set the router to "gateway" and not router. If that is what I was supposed to do.

Now back to this post. I looked closely and couldn't see the lights on very dim. I'm not real sure what is/was wrong with it as I recieved it that way. I just didn't know If I should take the time to jtag it or just throw it away since it didn't power up. and I couldn't get my laptop to even recogonize that it had a ethernet cable pluged into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: