Belkin F5D7230-4 v 2000 - Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
chaddlyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:54    Post subject: Belkin F5D7230-4 v 2000 - Problem Reply with quote
I installed DD WRT on my Belkin F5D7230-4 v 2000. I used the correct build and I can not access the internet. I am able to access the router at 192.168.1.1 . I will admit that I am a complete NOOB and did not read that I should have done a 30 30 30 after each install of the build. I did the 30... reset after the final v24 bin of the build, but I am afraid that I have screwed something up. I AM able to ping 192.168.1.1 with a result of TTL=64. I have read everything I can to try to fix the problem and have even tried to TFTP back to the original firmware with no success. The TFTP to DD WRT was flawless, except I did not perform the hard reset after each install.

Is there some setting that I do not know about to access the internet? I am aware that the router only acts as wired or wireless and have tried both with no success after telnet with proper commands. I am currently at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do the hard reset now. Set your computer to auto IP and Auto DNS. If that doesn't fix it, you likely have a conflict in the way your router connects to your modem. Bridge the modem. Check for a WAN IP in the top right corner of the webgui. READ the announcements at the top of this forum.

That should give you some things to start.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
chaddlyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read #14 of the peacock and it helped me at least with the MACs. I do not need PPPoe.

Please take a deep breath. I do not know how to bridge my modem! Your patience and advice is appreciated. Insight would help! :?

My modem is a Motorola SB5101 and I have not had any luck researching how to do it on the web.

I also read that the V24 is a bad build for Broadcom. Are there any suggested builds that are more stable?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the peacock again for the answer to your last question. It's not the version 24 you have to watch for, just some builds. All of that is discussed in the announcements.

Modem bridging instruction are different for each modem. Talk to your ISP. There might be some generic info in the wiki, about connecting to a modem. I don't have a modem so I can't assist.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
chaddlyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apparently, the modem is always in bridge mode.

I read the peacock thread regarding using a new build. I attempted tftp.exe with ddwrt.v24_micro_oslrd_generic.bin and have had no success. (using instructions from peacock for belkin)

I set computer to 192.168.1.1 since that is the subnet that the router is on. I also tried with speed and duplex set to auto-negotiation and with 10Mbps Half Duplex. Neither would work. I do not have a switch or hub to use for flashing. I have tried over 15 times trying to play with the flash window time. I have spent many hours trying to get this router to work with dd-wrt!

Currently, I have the 12200_Bv2000_NEWD_micro build.

Any tricks or recommendations?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to re-read the peacock announcement more carefully. Several things you are doing appear incorrect, and there could be more that you haven't described. Do you know what OSLRD is? What does the peacock say about oslrd?
chaddlyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK. I finally got everything set up right as far as the flash goes. I did not flash with the OLSRD bin, as I did find that topic in the peacock. However, I did try to update the firmware with the EKO 12548_NEWD_micro.bin . The flash was successful, but I am not able to access the web GUI and the power light is not on. I flashed back to the 12220_micro_SF and can access the web GUI and power light stays on.

I had the same negative results when I flashed to v24_micro_generic.bin (BS12874) . Can't get to the web GUI and the power light is off. I performed all the proper steps in the peacock including the power cycle...wait... and hard reset. I am currently at a loss, but not bricked! Your patience with me is appreciated!
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you actually HAVE dd-wrt working on your router? If not, go to the wiki and follow the install instructions for that modeal AND version of belkin.
chaddlyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I did have dd-wrt working. Just can't access the internet with it. I can only get to the web GUI with the NEWD_SF_micro.bin build. Puzzled...
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
The belkins are peculiar, and I don't own one, but it seems to me there was something particular about that v.2000, in the wiki install. Sorry I can't help with this particular model. Someone else will know more.
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
WAN port on this router is not working and will never work.
chaddlyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I guess I'm in the market for another router then. I will just flash the original firmware on this Belkin and get another model. What router do you guys suggest. Now that I am familiar with flashing firmware, it is really not that hard. I'm mainly looking for range, so suggestions are appreciated. Maybe the Linksys 300N? I understand that I need to pay particular attention to the version of the router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: