D-Link DIR-615 D2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, it's strange it doesn't work. My DIR-615 D2 works fine, so maybe it's a setup issue on your part or possibly an incompatibility...
Sponsor
zoran25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, it's weird. I was wondering though, would it be possible for me to revert back to the original firmware from dd-wrt? Does the original firmware even have repeater modes? Just a thought, if it's possible. I found this:
ftp://ftp.dlink.eu/Products/dir/dir-615/driver_software/DIR-615_fw_revD_414b04_all_en_20131029.zip

It's a BIN file inside, can I just "upgrade" from dd-wrt and have the stock firmware back?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can revert to factory firmware from Emergency Room: push the reset button until it blinks green (~30 seconds). You can now connect to the Emergency Room (this is specific only to D-Link) to 192.168.0.1 and flash any factory firmware you want.

I don't think D-Link's factory firmware has repeater modes.

zoran25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I've been reading up on the stock firmware, and there are no mentions of a repeater mode. Shame. I've been trying to get the router to work without a virtual interface, so that I at least have ethernet ports in my room, a wireless switch basically, and I did this using the 25179 build, the last one we tried, but after using it for a while, I noticed that everything works kinda slow.

For example I get 4Mbit/s download speeds from my ISP, but when I test speeds from my PC connected through D-link in repeater bridge (without a virtual interface) I get ~0.5Mbit/s download speeds. I didn't test it out extensively in this work mode before, but now that I did it seems it too is flaky.

I read something on OpenWRT wiki that D2 revision has problems with ethernet port speeds, check here:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-615
"ethernet only works when trying to connect over 10baseT/UTP (10mbit/sec)"
Speeds seem to be limited to about the same ones that I'm getting when using ethernet ports. Is it possible that dd-wrt suffers from the issues? I'll try upgrading to the latest firmware version and see if that helps, so that I at least get wired connections working properly. I should probably give up on this whole thing, I don't why I'm not giving up, I need help... Very Happy
zoran25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally managed to setup my D-link, but not how I originally planned, using Repeater Bridge mode to avoid having to draw cables to my room.

Since I saw that wifi repeater mode is very unstable and since I discovered that I can setup D-link as a wifi AP switch (I hope I'm saying this right) I decided to do that. I never had this type of gear, so I only discovered it when I flashed the original firmware back into D-link and plugged in the cable from my main router into the WAN port. Bam, I was online. So wait, I can now create a wifi network which wouldn't be a repeated network, but a whole new AP, and I get ethernet ports. I know facepalming is needed here...

Anyway, wired connection is much more stable, I can't kill it, and since dd-wrt let's me use WAN port as a switch (the assign WAN port to switch option), I'm back to dd-wrt. Smile

So far I had 0 issues. Only thing that kinda bothers me is that when I connect my phone to the wifi network of D-link it says that speeds are 72Mbit, although in dd-wrt system status I see that 144Mbit is mentioned, and router supposedly has 300Mbit, right? this is the latest build that I'm using, 26653. I read comments from people who said that build 14 something had 300Mbit speeds. They can't be had in the newer builds?
EDIT: @KrypteX answered this one already:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=888165#888165

In summary, thanks a lot to the developers, and a big thank you to @KrypteX and everyone here for putting up with me. Now at least I know my router from the inside out. Smile
piripak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 20:06    Post subject: Is is possible to access GUI after turning router into AP? Reply with quote
I've turned my router into a WAP just like prescribed by http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point.

I'm very happy with the results.

The only problem is now I cannot access the router setup screen anymore. (I've assigned IP 192.168.0.2 to it).

If I want to make any changes (such as SSID name), do I need to reset the router and start the procedure all over again or is there a way to access the configuration?

Thanks in advance.
mjpartyboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't been here for a while and fancy putting DD-WRT back on my DIR-615 D2.

I'm just wondering what's the best build people recommend or are the two listed in the router database the best ones to user?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 Display posts from previous:    Page 68 of 68
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: