D-Link DIR-615 D2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
antxxxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have got this router and managed to install dd-wrt, but i am having trouble setting it up to use wds and talk to my 2 existing routers running dd-wrt (a netgear WNR834B and a buffalo WLI-TX4-G54HP)

The d-link shows up as wds nodes on the other 2 routers, but nothing shows up in the wds nodes on the d-link.

To try and make it simpler, I then tried just putting the d-link in wireless client mode. It seems to connect to the wireless network (and shows up as a client on the other router) but the routers cant communicate with each other - ie no response to pings from either one.

I will keep trying different things and let you know if i get anything working. If anybody has any other ideas of things to try or check, please share them
Sponsor
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been playing with this today-I cant get the D-Link to connect in client or repeater mode.I've tried to get it to connect to my WRT54G running DD-WRT ( running WEP) and an open access point (which ironically has the SSID of DLINK_WIRELESS!!).None of the 2 were successful-but if I take the WRT54G, it connects to the open access point ok.
In fact, the only thing that seems to work is the AP mode of the D-link 615 that has been flashed with DD-WRT. This all probably ties up with the WDS not working either.I dont think this is going to work, beyond being able to
1) Flashing it with DD-WRT
2) Working as a standalone AP

One glimmer of hope would be to see what is going over the air from the radio side in client/repeater/WDS mode.Is there any way of seeing this/using something?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
wiki: WDS
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
wiki: WDS

Sash can advise here but looking again at the various tutorials and from what I've been doing tonight, I think the whole problem is the D-link uses a different chipset from the Linksys (Ralink versus Broadcom)?

Only thing I cant get my head round is why I cant get 2 D-LINK's to sync up via WDS-but I'm going to have another go.I'm not giving up yet!! Laughing
LK7R
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another DIR-615 flashed with Brainslayer's firmware. HW version D1. used emergency boot to get the firmware in. So far it behaves nicely. Router web-gui response is very quick! Nice!

Did some Hi-Res photos of the DIR-615 HW ver.D1 insides. Are they needed or not (i guess not if there is already running firmware on it...)

Thanks

Dan
05yukon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to hijack your thread. I already have a dlink 615 rev C1. I need to buy another one but I am having a really hard time trying to find a D1 or D2. Does anyone have any info on finding one. I'm kinda hesitant to order online since there is a risk on which one I will get.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
cabsandy wrote:

I think the whole problem is the D-link uses a different chipset from the Linksys (Ralink versus Broadcom)?

absolutely correct

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
05yukon wrote:
Sorry to hijack your thread. I already have a dlink 615 rev C1. I need to buy another one but I am having a really hard time trying to find a D1 or D2. Does anyone have any info on finding one. I'm kinda hesitant to order online since there is a risk on which one I will get.

pm me-I have a few already flashed.
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well,since WDS seems to be a non-starter on these babies (although I get some sort of bridging between 2 units but nothing shows up in Wirelss/WDS)I think I'll try the OSLR route for my network.

I'll probably end up admitting defeat and using WRT54G's but I can get my hands on a few of the D-link's so I want to see if they can scale beyond the AP functionality. No surrender! Laughing
Biohead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is my first venture into ddwrt. Managed to sucessfully flash j911s version onto my D2.

I've not seen anyone else mention it, but my power LED and internet LED are constantly orange. Ideally, it'd be nice to have them like the stock firmware where orange indicates no internet connetion, and green is connected.

I'm using a PPPoE connection to an ADSL Netgear DM111P in bridge mode if that helps.

P.S. When doing the emergency recovery, at what point do you need the ddwrt-webflash.bin file? The wiki for the DIR600 says you need both, but only mentions uploading the factory-webflash.bin.
nicweb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why did the support status of the DIR-615 D1 changed from "work in progress" to "no" in the router database?
zic68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi..
I have D2 version. I've played with dd-wrt firmware, but I want to go back to 1.00 VG or dlink official firmware.
I tried to flash with D1 but keep saying it is failed.

Any chance to have D2 1.00VG firmware??

cheers

david
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update-I've spent the last 2 days with a bunch of DIR 615's.
I've tried the Buffalo version-stay away from it.It flashes ok but is very slow in response time with DD-WRT.I managed to flash it back to the DLINK software but it took a while and I had to use the Emergency Room link.
On the DLINK 600 software, tried all sorts but I cant get it to "offically" WDS.I did manage to get one of the devices to work in repeater mode but the other 2 wouldn't. As before, there does seem to be some sort of bridging going on but its nowhere as descriptive as the WRT54G for example.I did 3 of the WRT54G's soon after and they worked like a dream-all WDS bridging, all telling me where what was going where.

So I'm giving up on the DIR-615's, beyond using DD-WRT on them as a normal standalone AP. Hopefully something/somebody can advance on this

cheers
spants
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 14:16    Post subject: dir-615 dd-wrt flashed, DNS fields not used??? Reply with quote
Managed to flash my Virgin media supplied router to dd-wrt and seems to work well. The problems I have are:

1) the dns settings are not used. I use opendns and no matter what I put in the router the clients still use VM's slow dns server

2) colour of the leds is orange instead of green - i can live with it.

So, anyone else tried using the dns fields?
popetodd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 14:58    Post subject: WiFi is slow with this image. Reply with quote
Hi all,

I just flashed with the different roms on the board here and found my WiFi performance seriously degraded over the standard D-Link rom.

I could only get around 1.5Mb per second throughput with the DD-WRT rom where as after re-flashing with the 4.11 factory ROM (works fine on my D2 model) I get 20Mb per second.

This is still dirt slow compared to the hard wired interface that gets 52Mb per second but at least it is usable.

Any idea what might be causing the super slow WiFi with the DD-WRT rom?
It's not the channel, I've done a site survey and I am the only one on it and the D-Link rom (that I'd expect to be a dog anyway) is about half what my cat 5 connection is.

Last edited by popetodd on Sun Dec 20, 2009 15:27; edited 2 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 66, 67, 68  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 68
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: