Asus RT-N16 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 95, 96, 97  Next
Asgar13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello again,

Why does preinstall nothing, then i install an own packet?

(from howto build an ipkg-packet)
Sponsor
hpsenicka
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asgar13 wrote:
Hello again,

Why does preinstall nothing, then i install an own packet?

(from howto build an ipkg-packet)

I don't understand what you are asking.

WRT54G v6, v8
WRT54GS v5
WRH54G
Asgar13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I made an own sablevm-packet and preinst is one of the CONTROL-data of a packet.

If I made a packet with preinst, the build-script tell me, that it can`t build a packet.

If I made a packet with preinst.sh, the build-script make a packet.

Then I install the packet, the preinst-script does nothing.

Does someone know, why this is the case?
lainghk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:03    Post subject: Asus RT-N16: DD-WRT build 15778 & WinSCP 4.2.9/4.3.1 bet Reply with quote
I am using DD-WRT build 15778: Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) big and WinSCP 4.2.9/4.3.1 beta. I am consistently getting "Host is not communicating for more than 15 seconds. Still waiting..." error in WinSCP during larger file transfers (< 2GB) FROM my WD 250GB USB drive (connected to Asus RT-N16 router) TO multiple PC's. The transfers always stop at around 400-500MB. During the transfers, the router's free memory drops from 120MB (RT-N16 has 128MB total memory) to 4-6MB's and stays there. The router gets reset on a few occasions when the problem arises. Interestingly, transferring the same large files FROM multiple PC's TO the same USB drive via WinSCP does not exhibit the same problem, and the transfers are always able to complete.

Is anyone experiencing the similar/same issue -- is this DD-WRT firmware related? This problem can be replicated using both WinSCP 4.2.9 (latest official release) and 4.3.1 beta (build 1099).

Thanks in advance!
Suicide_Route
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all,

It seems im having issues getting the desired wireless throughput out of this Asus router. I have used DD-WRT for many installs for years and haven't had this much trouble. I have added my wireless settings below. All devices on the network are rather new with the latest wireless N drivers. All devices on the network (tops 5) have wireless N cards.

Please let me know if you have found better quality settings then what I have below. Thanks in advanced

Mode: AP
Channel Width: 40
Channel: 6 ( tested 1 through 11 with 6 being the best)
Encryption: WPA2 Personal + AES
Ack: 2000 (tested with 0 with no change)
Signal Str: 17mw (should I go higher? my house is not that large...maybe 1,500sq ft)
CTS: disabled
Frame Burst: enabled
Beacon: 100
Preamble: short
Shortslot: short
WMM: enabled

Also, what do you have your TCP and UDP timeouts set to? I usually did 120 for both but I want to see what others are using.

Suicide_Route
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
any one ? ^ Idea
aliatgb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suicide_Route wrote:
Hello all,

It seems im having issues getting the desired wireless throughput out of this Asus router.

What do you mean by this? What are you using to measure this and what are the numbers (speed/transfer rate) you are getting?
Suicide_Route
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
aliatgb wrote:
Suicide_Route wrote:
Hello all,

It seems im having issues getting the desired wireless throughput out of this Asus router.

What do you mean by this? What are you using to measure this and what are the numbers (speed/transfer rate) you are getting?

What do you mean "what do you mean by this"? I'm simply reaching out to others using this model to see if I can tweak any of my settings I have listed. Not to sound brash, but with 2 posts on this forum, I was looking for a more experienced user of this model to give their feedback. To answer your questions though, I use a combination of Wireshark and jPerf. From testing with multiple hosts by themselves, I get rocky transmission rates ranging from 11Mbps to 110Mpbs even a foot away with out going through building material. Channel bonding doesn't seem to help much. Any help? Thanks

Soundy106
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suicide_Route wrote:
aliatgb wrote:
Suicide_Route wrote:
Hello all,

What do you mean "what do you mean by this"? I'm simply reaching out to others using this model to see if I can tweak any of my settings I have listed. Not to sound brash, but with 2 posts on this forum, I was looking for a more experienced user of this model to give their feedback.

Not to sound brash, but it IS a valid question - your original post is rather vague as just what you consider "desired wireless throughput" - for all you told us, you could have been looking for gigabit speeds.

BTW, number of posts on a forum has nothing to do with experience or knowledge of the equipment at hand.
Suicide_Route
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Soundy106 wrote:
Suicide_Route wrote:
aliatgb wrote:
Suicide_Route wrote:
Hello all,

What do you mean "what do you mean by this"? I'm simply reaching out to others using this model to see if I can tweak any of my settings I have listed. Not to sound brash, but with 2 posts on this forum, I was looking for a more experienced user of this model to give their feedback.

Not to sound brash, but it IS a valid question - your original post is rather vague as just what you consider "desired wireless throughput" - for all you told us, you could have been looking for gigabit speeds.

BTW, number of posts on a forum has nothing to do with experience or knowledge of the equipment at hand.

I apologize if it came across as such. I honestly didn't mean to make it sound this way. I thought I described it all just fine but it seems I came off as hostal. Forgive me, im just frustrated at this router Embarassed

Any ideas besides this?

whizkid7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53    Post subject: New RT-N16 setup Reply with quote
ASUS RT-N16
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) mega - build 15962

After my old SPI router crapped out, I started researching and saw that I could install DD-WRT on the RT-N16. It looked very impressive; had SPI, lots of flash and external antennas - all of which I wanted. So I figured I would give DD-WRT a shot. (Yes, I am a second post 'newb'.)

Installing DD-WRT went like a charm. Except for one hiccup, when the router locked up (apparently, didn't reset it properly). I powered it up and down and everything was fine. I read everything I could first (and some of it three times), before giving it a go. Even read this entire thread Sad which is how I knew about build 15962. While I will say the information here is extensive and gives one everything they need to know to be successful the first time; if I comment on anything, I would say its very disorganized. Two improvements would be to update the router database more frequently; and to detail the 'step-by-steps', under the installation page; so its not necessary to keep jumping back and forth from peacock; to these threads; to the installation page, etc. I did miss a step that should have been done at the beginning, because it was located as a warning at the very end of the peacock thread under flashing.

That being said, just want to let you guys know that I had a successful install of 15962 and no questions! (Well that is not really true; but no installation questions.) I will post some questions here when I get into more detail on firewall configuration and add some advanced features. Thanks for DD-WRT!
rodzt37
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have uninstalled DD-WRT as it is unstable & over all worse than stock Asus firmware for me, latest asus firmware 1.0.2.3.

Sorry DD-WRT.
Suicide_Route
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can any one add their two cents?

Thanks!

Suicide_Route wrote:
Hello all,

It seems im having issues getting the desired wireless throughput out of this Asus router. I have used DD-WRT for many installs for years and haven't had this much trouble. I have added my wireless settings below. All devices on the network are rather new with the latest wireless N drivers. All devices on the network (tops 5) have wireless N cards.

Please let me know if you have found better quality settings then what I have below. Thanks in advanced

Signal Str: 17mw (should I go higher? my house is not that large...maybe 1,500sq ft)

Also, what do you have your TCP and UDP timeouts set to? I usually did 120 for both but I want to see what others are using.

rodzt37
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suicide_Route wrote:
Can any one add their two cents?

Thanks!

Suicide_Route wrote:
Hello all,

This forum is not about you Suicide_Route, its about Asus RT-N16. Stay on topic and lets not double post, you have already put this message above to the forum.

Thank you.
Suicide_Route
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote][/quote]

This forum is not about you Suicide_Route, its about Asus RT-N16. Stay on topic and lets not double post, you have already put this message above to the forum.

Thank you.[/quote]

I understand this. I'm keeping on topic. If I wasn't, I would be talking about a different router model, flash, or appliance. Just asking for some help.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 95, 96, 97  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 96 of 97
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: