Will dd-wrt support RT-N13U?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 57, 58, 59  Next
kli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just found out that the wget can't be used on RT-N13U's busybox. Any ideas for installing / compiling wget on the router?

Here is what I see
Quote:
# wget --help
-sh: wget: not found
Sponsor
dwoolley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm assuming you've got the firmware loaded then to have this issue :)

What was the process? Quite a few people have tried (myself included) and we can't seem to get a good installation...
kli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ha.. I don't have my firmware flashed, I am just trying to telnet to the router ( successed! ), wget the firmware ( failed! ), then write the firmware directly in the router.
But just now the problem is the wget function is not working in the busybox of the router. I also tried to put the firmware in the usb thumb drive and write it, but I found that when I put my usb thumb drive the telnet no loner accessible, I am forced to remove the usb thumb drive and power cycle the router.
Any ideas?
dwoolley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
No ideas I'm afraid....my strategy has been to wait for whomever posted the firmware in the first place to explain how to do it (fail!) :)

I've used the Asus Firmware restoration utility and the routers rescue mode to load dd-wrt and the process seems to work fine...however on a reboot the router goes back to rescue mode.
kli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just want to ask if your telnet will become non-accessible after plugging the usb, I am just wondering if I am the only one having this issue...
Or maybe you can also login to your telnet and check whether the wget is functioning -- the firmware is really buggy
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
This routers seems very promising! Waiting for a more stable release for it Smile
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought this router.. Now just waiting for some DD-WRT love Very Happy
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
New build out! Did anyone try? ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/02-22-10-r13968/Asus-RTN13U/
dwoolley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
kli wrote:
I just want to ask if your telnet will become non-accessible after plugging the usb, I am just wondering if I am the only one having this issue...
Or maybe you can also login to your telnet and check whether the wget is functioning -- the firmware is really buggy

I tried the same thing and sure enough as soon as my USB key is plugged in, I lose the telnet session...have to reboot the router to get back in.
dwoolley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
kalpik wrote:
New build out! Did anyone try? ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/02-22-10-r13968/Asus-RTN13U/

I just gave it a shot...the Asus Firmware restoration utility dies anywhere from around 40% to 49% using the trx file...tftp also dies with a connection timeout.
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
dwoolley wrote:
kli wrote:

I tried the same thing and sure enough as soon as my USB key is plugged in, I lose the telnet session...have to reboot the router to get back in.

Did you try changing the USB driver as mentioned here? http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage#Step_3_-_Enable_USB_support_on_the_Mega_.2F_Mini_USB_version_of_DD-WRT
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
dwoolley wrote:
kalpik wrote:

I just gave it a shot...the Asus Firmware restoration utility dies anywhere from around 40% to 49% using the trx file...tftp also dies with a connection timeout.

Thanks! I'm waiting for a verified working firmware before i jump to this.. Smile
dwoolley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
kalpik wrote:
dwoolley wrote:
kli wrote:

Did you try changing the USB driver as mentioned here? http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage#Step_3_-_Enable_USB_support_on_the_Mega_.2F_Mini_USB_version_of_DD-WRT

I believe that is for use after a DD-WRT flash...the scenario here is describing trying to use a USB key while having a telnet session on the original Asus firmware.
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh ok.. Sorry for the misunderstanding Smile
dwoolley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
kalpik wrote:
dwoolley wrote:
kalpik wrote:

Thanks! I'm waiting for a verified working firmware before i jump to this.. Smile

Well I wouldn't hold your breath...the first firmware was posted Feb 5th....18 days later another firmware is posted and so far there has been zero success with no-one from the DD-WRT team posting here to suggest how to make it work. Could be weeks/months away still.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 57, 58, 59  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 59
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: